7 nights in PRAGUE September 2012 (official thread)

Tigger_1979

This is the list I have. The main one I haven't got is euro breakdown. Has anyone found this at a reasonable rate.

[ ] Warning Triangle

[ ] Euros

[ ] Chech money

[ ] GB sign

[ ] Fire extinguisher

[ ] Euro breakdown

[V] Ferry

[V] Hotel ring

[V] Hotel prague

[ ] Walkie talkie

[ ] Breathalyzer x2

[ ] High vis jackets

[ ] Spare bulb kit

[ ] Travel insurance

[V] Car insurance

[V] Driving licence

[ ] Passports

A few cases of red bull...

How many cars are going and with how many passengers? I need to check if me and Dave can hire one of you guys as our 'taxi' for the factory trip :)

Looking forward to it, 5 and a bit weeks to go!

There'll only be two seats in mine, so I am ruled out for taxi purposes unless you want to roll around in the back with no seat belts :D

Looking at that list above

[ ] Warning Triangle - Got

[ ] Euros - probably use plastic

[ ] Chech money - as above, but will get some.

[ ] GB sign - Might make one up out of duct tape. ;)

[ ] Fire extinguisher - Needed? I have one, but necessary?

[ ] Euro breakdown - Will have sorted by travel date. £30+ for year's cover with my bank account cover

[V] Ferry - Sorted

[V] Hotel ring - Sorted

[V] Hotel prague - Sorted

[ ] Walkie talkie - Got Two

[ ] Breathalyzer x2 - Needed

[ ] High vis jackets - Sorted

[ ] Spare bulb kit - Sorted

[ ] Travel insurance - Beyond EHIC, not bothering

[V] Car insurance - Covered already

[V] Driving licence - Yes, I have a license :D

[ ] Passports - No worries.

The only thing I see msising above is a first aid kit. You have to carry first aid kit.

I'll be using plastic..... putting my money on cxredit card, and taking it from there.....

I need a triangel..... breathelisers... (at port probably!) and GB sticker!

my passengers are bringing euro satnav, and walkie talkies......

I have a yello jacket! lol.... (says ambulance on the back... I also have a helmet! may leave the gasmask at home..)

passports ferry hotels sorted...

I always carry bulbs.

my insurance is due for renewal on the 28th... will sort forien travel and brakedown at the time.... not gonna do travel insurance.

dont think we need a fire extinguisher!

my guests need to bring their driving liscences, and yello jackets ;) and anything els ethey want to contribute! (begs Can for tyres, as I have decided kuhmo KU39's suck.) !

alot on here would say I need, **** loads of oil... butjust to be an ass, I'm not even going to check it before Ileave! :p

D.

• Like 1

right, spoke to my insurance company today.....

good news: I'm covered for europe ect with no extra cost..

better news, so are Sam and Can, my co-drivers.

bad news: they want to know which countries I will be in on what dates!!!!!!

can you give us an itinerary please tigger? dates and countries? dont forget the date we go to poland....

Thankyou!

oh, and I nee can and sams full names dates of birth, and dates they passed their drivivng tests please?

PM me you two please :)

Thanks!

From my calcs

Up to Thursday 13th September @ 2am - UK

From Thursday 13th September @ 4am through to around 6pm same day, it will be France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Czech Republic

Leave Czech republic on day of Friday 21st September - Head for Germany

Leave Germany after lunch Sunday 23rd September, Germany, Holland, Belgium France

Arrive UK Sunday 23rd around 10pm I think it is.

• Like 1

brilliant Jason, thankyou. we need the day we go to poland too though ;) tigger?!

skud: I didn't get that far, but I'm currently covered by the skoda new car "skoda assist" so it should (in theory) cover europe... I'll ave to ring 'em...

didnt realise it would be a 12 hour drive! :o

may have to change too...

I deffo wanna do the church of bones thing I posted... 30k from prague..... thats about 45 mins drive yes?! lol...

Ooh I quite wanted to do Poland really.

I went to Sachsenhausen a few years ago and it was really fascinating.

30k is nothing. It's about 18 miles.

didnt realise it would be a 12 hour drive! :o

may have to change too...

I deffo wanna do the church of bones thing I posted... 30k from prague..... thats about 45 mins drive yes?! lol...

yeah - try google mapping it. ;) It's over 400 miles from Prague to Auschwitz. You need to drive through about 2/3 of the Czech republic to get there. :D

Definitely want to do some other bits of sight seeing more local to Prague. A day in Mlada Boleslav for everything Skoda, church of bones, trip to Plzen might be called for.

Wed 18th is an empty day that needs filling, if someone could organise something for the Wednesday

Tuesday 18th is my planned day trip to Poland, this is mainly for the driver across the east of Czech Republic to have a nose.

Monday for Loket Castle may get swapped with Fridays Factory trip, I still have this to arrange, oops. I will contact them this week.

Jason was there any news from skodahome?

If you want to see whats planned for each day then take a look at the 3rd post on this thread :D

No word from Skodahome. I keep bumping my thread asking if anyone fancies an evening out in Prague. All I Know for sure is Doksy is on 15/16, so assume we will go to "show" there on one of the days.

Bit of good reading here, have a look at the Czech Republic and what it says at the border, took me by surprise for when I go in September:

http://www.skoda.co....avel_Advice.pdf

The authorities at the frontier must certify any visible damage to a vehicle entering the Czech Republic. If any damage occurs inside the country a police report must be obtained at the scene of the accident. Damaged vehicles may only be taken out of the country on production of this evidence.

Interesting, have a good time, if you could make it to the caravan site where I am, a good BBQ and a beer or two!!! remember, zero alcohol limit for driving!!

Hey guys im in CR 20th - 28th but i'm not driving and you guys will have pretty much done your thing by then so sorry I wont get chance to meet up. Work commitments mean I cant get there before (but my wife and kids are in CR from 9th :@ )

I know most have you have done this trip before but dont under estimate the extra time it takes to travel on CZ roads. There isnt a motorway network like in the UK so a 400 mile trip does take extra time. Also from past experience stick to the main roads in Poland and check your car insurance covers you for travel in Poland. A lot have small print relating to your vehicle getting stolen in Poland. Best to double check with a quick phone call, certainly when ive hired cars in CZ in the past its 100% not covered in Poland and theres a hefty charge if you travel to Poland (its really only due to certain areas but some insurance companies just class it as the whole of Poland).

Also if you are interested in the concentration camp although its not Auschwitz (which I really want to visit too) there is Terezin which is about an hour from Prague. Defo worth a visit and you can book English guides. I certainly had an impact on me.

http://www.terezin.cz/en/index.asp

http://en.wikipedia....centration_camp

Also if you are interested in the concentration camp although its not Auschwitz (which I really want to visit too) there is Terezin which is about an hour from Prague. Defo worth a visit and you can book English guides. I certainly had an impact on me.

http://www.terezin.cz/en/index.asp

http://en.wikipedia....centration_camp

Sounds like a better alternative to Auschwitz to me! :thumbup:

just got my new insurance policy documents through, and there is a nice half page (in different languages!) on the certificate of insurance about european cover :)

all sorted for the prague trip!

"This insurance evidenced by this certificate of motor insurance extends to include the compulsory motor insurance requirements of any member state of the european union and andorra (covered under france and spain) , croacia, the czech republic, gibralta, hungary, iceland,leichtenstein, monaco, norway, romania, san marino, slovakia, slovenia, ans switzerland."

##woot!

The Poland trip is for the people who want to, I am still going, and if you dont think your up for the Poland trip I have said you can arrange something else :thumbup:

I am after Poland to tick off as another country my car has been to.

I think others wanted to. I would have if it was only an hours drive, or two. But 6 hours is a little ridiculous, and you know the roads are going to be more rubbish the further east you go. :D You're going to want a full day there to take it all in I would think. If you just wanted to visit Poland, then yes, heading north will be half the distance.