7 nights in PRAGUE September 2012 (official thread)

Tigger_1979

David got them from a bank online, I'm not sure which one I didn't pay much attention lol. I have my CC as a back up, Halifax one that has no charges for using abroad, not sure the exchange rates as its the Mastercard exchange rate whenever they take the money (a couple of days after you use it)

aaaahhh I am soo disorganised this trip, got loads to sort out.

Was thinking the same bout 2.75% for payments by debit card, then all the fuel can go on the card nice and easy.

Anyone got a spare satnav? Walkie Talkie? they could lend me :D

Also is anyone interested in a passenger trip to Prague, I have a seat going?

My +1 had to pull out for health reasons :(

Can has got me a triangle... Sam, can you get a fire extinquisher? then we are all done :)

you already have walkie talkies right Can?

cool, looking forward to this!

tigger: good oppertuninty for someone to have a nice holiday if you can get a passenger! ask around :)

First gathering of small bits this evening :D Found one hi-viz (annoyingly need 2) first aid kit & 2 walkie talkies. Lobbed paper license in with service booklet (which never lives in the car usually - V5 going to go in there too)

I know warning triangle is in one of the outbuildings, and the fire extinguisher as well (Will bring anyway, as good thing to have on the Ring, especially to help out others)

Can has got me a triangle... Sam, can you get a fire extinquisher? then we are all done :)

you already have walkie talkies right Can?

cool, looking forward to this!

tigger: good oppertuninty for someone to have a nice holiday if you can get a passenger! ask around :)

Yep, already on it. I'll get the breathalysers too.

Have you managed to find the lever on the headlights to swap the beam over to the "wrong" way?

• Like 1

I know its there, and I know it works, BUT having to explain to a copper why I havent got headlight adjusters on may be a bit like trying to explain running lihgts when they first came out! lol..

I already have the headlight adjusters, and they just stick on. gonna use them ;)

I know its there, and I know it works, BUT having to explain to a copper why I havent got headlight adjusters on may be a bit like trying to explain running lihgts when they first came out! lol..

I already have the headlight adjusters, and they just stick on. gonna use them ;)

Plenty of cars go over with no adjusters though,as more and more, especially with projectors have tourist mode.

Ok heres my Czech list:

Euro car insurance - Czech

Euro Breakdown cover - Czech

Ehic - Czech

Passport - Czech

car - Czech

Beam deflectors - not yet

Euros - not yet

Krones - not yet

Travel Insurance - not yet

Sat Nav - if I can find one

Euro paper map - Czech but old

Fire Ex - Czech

Triangle - Czech

2 x Hi Viz Jkts - Czech

2 x Breathalizer - not yet (anyone got some spares)

GB already on car numberplate - Czech

Tyre tread more than 2mm for German roads - Czech

Light Bulb kit - still to czech

Loads of Fruit for driving across europe - I think I will talk my mum into helping with that

Walkie Talkie - If I can beg borrow steal anyones :p

+1 passenger - Nope :(

I'm planning a duct tape special "GB" ;) Its become my roadtrip trademark on last two trips. :D

Off out to the sheds now to see what else I can uncover. I am still down a hi-viz, but do have a pair of walkie talkies. Will be trying them out this weekend.

Sorry Tigger I only have a single radio which is for minty.

Jason I may have a spare hi viz depending on if everyone else in daves car has one as I've two jackets and only one me.

Ok heres my Czech list:

Euro car insurance - Czech

Euro Breakdown cover - Czech

Ehic - Czech

Passport - Czech

car - Czech

Beam deflectors - not yet

Euros - not yet

Krones - not yet

Travel Insurance - not yet

Sat Nav - if I can find one

Euro paper map - Czech but old

Fire Ex - Czech

Triangle - Czech

2 x Hi Viz Jkts - Czech

2 x Breathalizer - not yet (anyone got some spares)

GB already on car numberplate - Czech

Tyre tread more than 2mm for German roads - Czech

Light Bulb kit - still to czech

Loads of Fruit for driving across europe - I think I will talk my mum into helping with that

Walkie Talkie - If I can beg borrow steal anyones :p

+1 passenger - Nope :(

3 mil tyre tread for germany tigger ;) I think Can is bringing a pair of walkie talkies, so I'm sure you can have one... they come in pairs, we should have enough :)

I'll look into the light change lever Sam...

Enjoy the trip guys I will keep my eye out for you on the way past.

All I see missing from list above is MOT certificate which if vehicle requires one you need to bring.

The Fire Ex's are not required at all in any country you will be transiting through.

Breathalysers are pointless and a stupid French thing that the French government says will not be enforced until 1st Nov 2012 and if you don't have one then its a €11 fine so don't bother wasting your money tbh. Also if you have checked map you are doing 9 miles each way in France if you don't get lost so a total waste of money.

The legal tread depth is not 3mm in Germany it is recommended by ADAC (equivalent of AA) as it is by the AA in UK.

I would strongly advise that you plan to stop for some Shell goodness in the Netherlands for the diesel drivers and Aral in Germany for the petrol people in order to get the cheapest refill for each. Petrol drivers seriously DO NOT fill up in Holland its mega expensive diesel is cheaper than UK/France/Belgium/Germany though so cash in.

For speeding etc generally speaking if flashed by fixed cameras etc you will never hear anything about it as its unenforceable DVLA doesnt give out your info to random foreign police, get pulled over is another thing fines in France and Belgium for 40kph+ over the speed limit you best have around €500 cash on you. Really not worth speeding since you will have some autobahn action to unwind the cars. Beware also that the autobahn networks where signed for restricted speeds they are for good reason and are enforced strictly they go all the way down to 60kph in road works (higher fines for speeding in road works etc as your causing increased risk to life of workers).

Anyone know what route your taking google seems to suggest a northern and southern route across on going past Antwerp the other Brussels if your going brussels direction you will pass within sniffing distance of me. :hi:

ps either route Antwerp or Brussels you WILL be getting into some serious traffic at that time of morning 0430-1000 its absolutely horrendous for both.

Oh also 3g on smart phones etc don't forget to turn it off can be pricey its dropped from £3.06 per mb to £0.70 per mb ish after an EU wide cap on it so can be used reasonably if needed.

A3 I think and I am planning a breakfast stop just before the German border, in the shell still in Netherlands, the usual stop We have done the 3 prague trips before.

anyways I have almost booked the factory and museum, please can everyone post if they want to go

09:00 – 11:00 guided museum tour

11:00 – 13:00 guided factory tour

September 14th Friday

190 CZK per adult

1. Tigger

Edited by Tigger_1979