JKM ROLLING ROAD****UPDATED!****

MissPiggy

Thanks for organising a great day MissPiggy! It was good to meet everyone and to find out how much my 1.4 was producing. 137bhp on a standard car with only 5k miles on it means I am very happy, with more miles hopefully it will loosen up some more and release a few more bhp :)

I would like to say thanks to JKM for very enjoyable day ...I think I even won something on the Aircon raffle :sun: ...can't complain about the weather either...I think a few people looked like cooked lobsters at the end of the day, nice to catch up with and meet some new friends as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When is the next JKM RR day?

Hi mate, not sure to be honest, but checking previous threads it seems like it's an annual event. I'm guessing that it'll be next year now? You could always give JKM a call and see if they'll do you a discount, mention Briskoda and see what they say. They can only say no at worst! ;)

Will have to keep an eye out for the next one. Had my old Vectra on the rollers many a time on club RR days and private sessions. Just having a browse on the JKM site, any reason why REVO give no remap figures for the 170PD engine? Will they not touch this version?

Sounds good to me. Doubt the Octavia will sound as good as the old Vectra did at full chat. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Excuse the daft commentary on this one. emoticon-0111-blush.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Do miss the noise of my old V6 Vectra with Magnex exhaust. Did you do anything to the GSi?

One or two things.

Ported and polished heads (bought from an employee of Regal). Kent cams (same bloke) tried but wasn't happy so configuration in the end was four inlet cams from the 3.0 V6 engine (all that Vx did with the 2.5 GSi was use the 3.0 cams, in the early GSi it was 3.0 inlet cam,standard 2.5 exhaust cam. Facelift GSi (like mine) was 3.0 inlet and 3.0 exhaust and the 2.6 GSi used four 3.0 exhaust cams).

Regal enlarged throttle body/reworked centre plenum. 3.0 lower divider and uni-chipped as well. Oh and the cat back Magnex system. Results were pretty crap for the money spent but it kept me out of trouble. :think:

Similar spec to mine, had most of the work done at Courtenay sport, heads, cams, throttle body, 5.6kg flywheel, etc, lot of money spent, did 2 RR days averaged out at 220bhp and 230lb/ft. similar sort of figures for my Octy but for a fraction of the cost. The Vec will always sound better than the Octy though.

Light fly was a route I never went down in the end. I bought one last year though (Chris Astley billet one) and over the years got the 2.6 clutch and slave cylinder, all for the day the original clutch went. It never did though so when I got the Vrs and sold the GSi on the new owner got all the bits with it. The V6 did sound phenomenal with the Magnex though.

• 1 month later...