Hello,

Almost a month of owning my fabia vrs now, really enjoying the car. But ive seen threads on people achieveing 50-60mpg on a long drive. Im assuming this means they are going 70mph on the motorway. when im doing 70 in the fabia the best and very best mpg i can achieve is 44, is this normal, as it is well below the claimed 53 combined!

regards.

Mine drops a bit in the winter, it's currently about 50mpg and in the summer it'll be around 55mpg!

I do drive a fair bit on dual carriageways and motorways mind!

Have you had a look at the air filter? New one could help!

there are a couple of things to consider - there are 2 different gearboxes and I think it changes 2003/04 the older gearbox has longer ratios and as a result better economy on longer runs.

also are you just using the computer or comparing milage and fuel used? my computer used to be spot on but is now way out for no aparent reason!

it now tells me I get 40-50mpg when in reality I am getting 50-60mpg

Mine has averaged 46.29mpg over 38,202 miles. The Trip 1 and 2 mpg figures are hopelessly optimistic, with Trip 2 typically showing circa 60mpg achieved each time I fill up. I did see an average of 80mpg recorded once for a round trip of 270 miles up and down the A1 driving at 60mph, but the true figure was 60mpg.

Most of the mileage consists of 55-65 mile round trips predominately on dual carriageway and motorway, sticking to speed limits, and not much stop-start driving.

The best I've done on a long run was 57 mpg, both tankfull and on Trip, Folkestone to home (300+ miles).

On short runs, using the trip I've got 60 + mpg before.

I average 53mpg when not on track. Then I can get the average for the day down to about 20mpg. :D (Which I'm still very happy with)

I've never known a car like the fabia vRS. Even when highly modified and driving very hard you can still get over 20mpg. It's the same with me. Unreal.

• Like 1

I've never known a car like the fabia vRS. Even when highly modified and driving very hard you can still get over 20mpg. It's the same with me. Unreal.

I`v got less power, but its the same here. I can go out and give it a full trashing and struggle to get it below 25mpg! Anything involving a decent motorway run and it`ll clear 40mpg even when "moving briskly" shall we say. :bandit: Its a struggle to think of anything that will be able to be as much fun for the running costs.

What year is your car? I've got an 06 blt engine and trip computer says anywhere between 65 and 74, depending on my mood! It actually only gets 50 to 55 as its well known the trip computer is over optimistic! It states I can get 700 mile range when full but I actually get around 550, I don't have to try hard to get decent mpg tho.

A few things to check, air filter, Tyre pressures (I was surprised how much this actually affects mpg) and sticking rear brakes. I lost over 100 miles per tank of fuel due to rear brake dragging slightly. Jack car up and check wheels are free.

Its goto be the most fun car given the running costs I know of.