160k and why I love my fabia . . .

WOW, good write up there Matt, 160,000k,...i bet it could serve you another 160,000k! Look forward to your project thread :thumbup: Thing i love about the fabia is that all my mates rip the crap outta it saying its a crappy skoda etc, but when you go storming past them the looks on their faces say it all :giggle:

• Like 3

Well I've been in my daughter's HTP for the last few weeks until the new Oct arrives on 1st Mar and I must say I've had a very pleasant time, nippy, comfortable, quiet, fairly peppy and getting average mpg around 47-48. It's got vinyl fairies on it so get funny looks now and again....

Agree with everything you've said. Completely love mine and owned it for over 7 years from new and just keep loving it more and more, even doing little changes like the stereo, adding the storage drawer under the stereo and changing to MkII vRS badges just add to how much i love my car. ;)

Great write up. :thumbup:

Nicely summed up.

Last time I was ever so passionate for a car (difficult for me, as squeezing money out of me isnt easy) was much younger with a mkI GTi 1.6, the old classic

Having turned to bikes to have a car this good to actually have me fairly passionate about it is a bold thing.

I must admit I've never been overtaken with need for drastic tuning mods, just the more obvious down to earth running mods, but its nice to know the car is ripe for that if I ever wanted. As the car is faster than most the mediocrity on the roads nowadays its more than suitable for day to day driving in just standard form.

Sweeeet car...still struggling to consider any better option and see no reason to. My only gripe is my choice of colour.

As bold as it was the yellow is a bit wearing on me now and It would be nice to have another option !

Then again you dont see many which is nice and it is fairly lairy.

Well summed up Matt, mines gone and wont be forgotten any time soon, hell il probs get one if/when i return to the uk, they are really that good.

Loved it

Edited by E11HES

I'm feeling your sentiments completely Matt. :yes:

If I change it'll only be to either a late LE or a mark2 as

I feel like trying something completely different for a change.

Only ever owned manual cars so far. :wonder:

Great write up Matt and have to agree.

Had mine now for 13 months and apart from a failed dmf (replaced that and a new clutch under warranty by dealer) it's been solid as granite.

Would take one of theses over my "prestige" Audi A3 any day of the week.

aaaaah i love mine but cant upload pics atm its amazing :rofl: :rofl:

although the driveshaft has ate a big hole in the return hose from the intercooler :wall:

wednesday all will be well again :rofl: :rofl:

52k on the clock i hope i see 160 on mine.....as keith lemon would say.....bang tidy!!