No ! We have no Raspberries . . . .

Clunkclick

Well I opted not to buy one of these after all as my little girl was lucky enough to inherit an 18 month old laptop so I have a reservation code going spare if anyone wants to move up the queue...

Chris

Well I opted not to buy one of these after all as my little girl was lucky enough to inherit an 18 month old laptop so I have a reservation code going spare if anyone wants to move up the queue...

Chris

Some jokers trying to sell their codes on the 'bay.

Won't work will it, since they're tied to your email address? Or are they then ordering the Pi's on behalf of the eBay purchaser (i.e. get £5 for the code PLUS the cost of the unit from the buyer, then get the whole lot shipped straight to them)?

I got mine and fully set up and running playing HD and SD fine. using XBMC and shared the hds on my main pc. I did overclock the pi as xbmc was just a little laggy but after the overclock all is good.

I got mine and fully set up and running playing HD and SD fine. using XBMC and shared the hds on my main pc. I did overclock the pi as xbmc was just a little laggy but after the overclock all is good.

Where did you get your img from? I was trying to get xbmc on mine but it wouldn't play ball, all I got was a multicoloured screen for hours on end.

whoops sorry just noticed the post. http://www.raspbmc.com/ is what I used

NP. Thanks

I got it running but even overclocked it's still beta! I think I'll stick to my ATV2 for the moment although I'm thinking of getting a mini-itx setup for under the TV but there's plenty to buy before then.

A remap for my Fabia for one!

NP. Thanks

I got it running but even overclocked it's still beta! I think I'll stick to my ATV2 for the moment although I'm thinking of getting a mini-itx setup for under the TV but there's plenty to buy before then.

A remap for my Fabia for one!

Im interested to see how these compare to the ATV2 for XBMC etc.. - i do enjoy the ATV at the moment, but the 720p limit is a bit of a pain now i have a mahoosive 3d tv..

Im interested to see how these compare to the ATV2 for XBMC etc.. - i do enjoy the ATV at the moment, but the 720p limit is a bit of a pain now i have a mahoosive 3d tv..

I only have a 720p so can't report on that.

Generally XBMC works ok on the PI but it's obvious it's a proper beta product (everything seems to stay in beta nowadays!). There's bugs all over the shop and it does daft things like tries to put menus over live video which you have to turn off or it grinds to a halt.

It looks like XBMC on the PI should be quite good but it might be a while yet.

I installed squeeze on mine at first but could not get xbmc to run. So thought sod it and installed raspbmc. Its now glued to the back of the tv and working fantastic. I need 2 more :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine back end of last week.

Had a play with Debian at first, which works well but then installed rasbmc and have to say I'm bowled over with how good it runs on the pi. Super easy to install too! Just installed the YouTube addon and can control it all via my iPhone with xbmc-commander. Nerd-tastic.

I really want a second one too now. I wonder when demand will settle down- I don't fancy another 4 month wait.

I've just installed raspmc and its pretty good. All it really needs is a web browser app too so I can go online too...had a look but couldn't find anything.

As for when will more become available...who knows. Maybe if one of the distributors wasn't accidentily sending out the occasional duplicate order they might clear the backlog quicker...

Mine's apparently despatching 16/17 July. In the meantime I've been getting to know the joys of QEMU and network bridging on Debian and Ubuntu!

Now bored with that... as it works reliably... (though four little words don't do justice to the hours and frustrations of getting it to that state :) )

J.

• 2 months later...

Finally got round to doing something with my PI - installed RaspBC and purchased and installed the video licenses for MPG and VC1, downloaded and installed the 4OD, Itvplayer,Iplayer, 5onDemand and the CAtchupTV plugins. Can play video and music from my server over the network and also use the catchup services and watch live TV. It's being powered by the TV's USB port and as it's CEC compatible - I can control it with the ordinary TV remote.

It does need a decent case. II has one already made out of a plastic box that some business cards came in but it doesn't look good so I have ordered one of these http://www.raspberry...hives/tag/cases

I got mine via Farnell - it came only 3 days after ordering. I have cancelled the order I had in with RS since something like April.

I have Raspbmc on one SD card and Debian Wheezy on another. The Raspbmc is excellent and I use it to stream vids and music over my home network.

There's also now PVR capability but I haven't tried this yet.

• Like 1

I got mine via Farnell - it came only 3 days after ordering. I have cancelled the order I had in with RS since something like April.

Thanks for the heads up. Now ordered from there :)

• 3 weeks later...