Is this normal?

BigHusky

14058964.jpg

8f1aeed3.jpg

Put in £30 of diesel this morning, did all the school runs, dog walking etc. Me and the missus came out of Asda after the weekly shop, and I noticed some diesel had spilt out the fuel flap.

Opened up the fuel flap and noticed this small hole and what looks like melted plastic. Ok this may be nothing, but can't say I've noticed it before? The Yeti is booked into a local Skoda dealer this monday for some slight corrosion on the wheel arch, do you think this needs a mention too?

Appreciate any advice in advance.

Just checked mine, there is a hole there, which I assume is for draining any overfill. This hole is 'perfectly formed', your hole looks as if something has melted the plastic around it, I can only think that this must have been your diesel spill..

I agree with DaveLees but it seems strange that diesel should cause it. It should be impervious t it.

Are you sure do didn't fill with Avgas? :blush:

Fred

Have just checked mine and it is like the others. Nice round hole and no sign of melting.

From your pics it appears that the rubber section around the filler neck is pitted. I would say it had to be a fault in the rubber but the plastic section with the hole is even worse.

I think that only quite a strong chemical could have done that?

Do you use a car wash? It could be that? Just a suggestion mind

Looks like dirt congealed with spilt diesel blocking the drain hole; not an uncommon issue. A soft brush and some white spirit should clean it up, with a little run down the drain pipe to clean it out and then washed in warm water.

Oh and don't press the drain pipe attachment to much as it can pop off the back of the rubber cover.

Best way to prevent this is to mop up any spilt diesel at filling.

TP

Looks like dirt congealed with spilt diesel blocking the drain hole; not an uncommon issue. A soft brush and some white spirit should clean it up, with a little run down the drain pipe to clean it out and then washed in warm water.

Oh and don't press the drain pipe attachment to much as it can pop off the back of the rubber cover.

Best way to prevent this is to mop up any spilt diesel at filling.

TP

Thanks TP and everyone else. Your explanations make this a lot more clearer . I'll have go at carefully cleaning it tomorrow, as I'm working this evening.

The car's only been through a car wash a couple of time. I usually clean the car myself - bucket and sponge.

Edited by BigHusky