Superchips Upgrade

Lee

hmm sounds like it wont be as good as some of the remaps out there just gets more publicity as its from a large company. Im sure there are much better alternatives for the same or less money

That would be good given that it can be usd with the bluefin. Then you can "move" your stock map onto blue fin replacing it with superchips map. Meaning any potential warranty issues you put the stock map back on. That would be my favourable option

How would the Bluefin system work? I know it flashes onto the car and you can "remove" the map if needed but would this be back to the factory map or a superchips made map with the same parameters like the Revo SPS?

Performance is similar to the TMC box, but much more expensive so I'd rather have the saved cash, and something which is 100% completely removable should anything bad happen.....

Performance is similar to the TMC box, but much more expensive so I'd rather have the saved cash, and something which is 100% completely removable should anything bad happen.....

I take it by "something bad happening" means an engine failure of some sort ?

Regardless of if it's TMC, Revo, Superchips etc the ECU will register a change. If a technician wants to find a change in your cars ECU, they will.

I take it by "something bad happening" means an engine failure of some sort ?

Regardless of if it's TMC, Revo, Superchips etc the ECU will register a change. If a technician wants to find a change in your cars ECU, they will.

I do believe that the TMC box is currently undetecable under "normal" checks. The only way I can think of it being detecable is if you go through the cars logs and see higher boost, torque etc but it would also need to be proven buy SUK to have been altered by you.

I do believe that the TMC box is currently undetecable under "normal" checks. The only way I can think of it being detecable is if you go through the cars logs and see higher boost, torque etc but it would also need to be proven buy SUK to have been altered by you.

I get what you're saying, but that's like me saying to Skoda "I never had my car re-mapped, prove it".

Regardless of which route you take, if there's a fault with the engine and you've altered the original spec. Although it may be more difficult under 'normal' checks to detect a tuning box, you know yourself it's there. As long as the Insurance is aware of it, that should be it.

If something happens to my car and the re-map is to blame, then I'll pay for the repair. I'm not hiding anything.

Even the tech who drove mine after a check said to me "F*** me, that's f***ing great that, who did the map ?"

If Skoda ask me has my car been re-mapped, I'll say "HELL YEAH" ! :giggle:

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, but that's like me saying to Skoda "I never had my car re-mapped, prove it".

Regardless of which route you take, if there's a fault with the engine and you've altered the original spec. Although it may be more difficult under 'normal' checks to detect a tuning box, you know yourself it's there. As long as the Insurance is aware of it, that should be it.

If something happens to my car and the re-map is to blame, then I'll pay for the repair. I'm not hiding anything.

Even the tech who drove mine after a check said to me "F*** me, that's f***ing great that, who did the map ?"

If Skoda ask me has my car been re-mapped, I'll say "HELL YEAH" ! :giggle:

Totally agree bud :)

Revo as it stands is Currently undetectable, confirmed by Skoda technicians in Mansfield. They are doing my map (when I get my car back an run the new gearbox in) they also will uphold any warrenty work even if it's caused by remap. I got the full email if anyone's interested?

Revo as it stands is Currently undetectable, confirmed by Skoda technicians in Mansfield. They are doing my map (when I get my car back an run the new gearbox in) they also will uphold any warrenty work even if it's caused by remap. I got the full email if anyone's interested?

The map itself "may" be undetecable but the flash count on the ECU will go up and if the tech can see there has been no update flashed onto the car and the flash count has gone up they will suspect that it has been mapped I should think.

Obviously your Skoda dealership is doing the map so they should cover any warranty work still unless of course SUK get seriously involved in it.

This might be a good route for guys who want to switch.

In my exoerience the stage 1 bluefin maps are OK. Not the most powerful, but very OEM in their delivery. However when you go stage 2 and above their maps arent any good, so if you just want a remap and thats it, then bluefin is great. If you want to go further at a later date, i wouldnt bother as you'll end up buying a different map

This is why I'm holding off remapping until after warranty is out

That sentiment often struck me as strange.

Remap in warranty, something happens to engine, warranty void.

Remap out of warranty, something happens to engine, no warranty anyhow

What's the difference?

That sentiment often struck me as strange.

Remap in warranty, something happens to engine, warranty void.

Remap out of warranty, something happens to engine, no warranty anyhow

What's the difference?

Because I lose the warranty. Why would I pay for something that would cause me to lose warranty even though it makes the car faster? My logic is that I'll run the car for 3 years as it is. For one it's to see how it goes and if anything major goes wrong. If it does then warranty sorts it and depending on how it is after 3 years do I keep or go elsewhere.. Secondly I've just spent a big chunk of money buying the car and I can't afford to spend a few grand replacing engines or gearboxes if it all goes wrong. I know it's exaggerated but it happens. Sure if I was earning enough money to fix any potential problems that could occur I'd modify away. But then if I was in that position I'd buy an even faster car anyway. I'm more than happy with the car as it is for now but I do know that I'll want more in the future.

Plus in 3 years time there will be a wealth of knowledge for tuning of these cars. There will be less "who is the best tuner" bickering and there's a good chance that if I modify and if something were to go wrong I'd have more money to play with to fix it. Also in 3 years time adding more power and improving handling will be like having a new car all over again. I am intending to keep it for 3-5 years but this all depends on what my circumstances are, do I still like the car, etc.

True that, they are wise words of wisdom. But i suppose its each to their own, if people want to live on the edge and map their car and risk losing their warranty then fingers crossed for them. But me, i'm limbo at the moment as i have had a vrs mk 1 and had it remapped when it was under warranty and i managed to get a strange whistle from the diesel turbo looked at and they didn't pick up on the fact it was mapped. But as my car is in for a new gearbox and mechatronics if it was obvious it was remapped i could of been in hot water right now so it saved my ass!.......and wallet!

• Like 1

The Map is detectable by Skoda, If your car is connected to the VAS diagnostic machine and SVM is carried out (SOFTWARE VERSION MANAGEMENT). Once the data from the control units is collated and submitted online, if its been chipped it can be identified a warning is displayed after a few minutes on the vehicle data page in elsapro. The dealer or Skoda UK would still have to decide whether the map caused any warranty issue.

• Like 1

Hi on the New Fabia VRS the cost is £449.99 inc vat. We would require the car for a full morning or afternoon, as we have to remove the ECU from it, to remove the security lock from it and to map it. We do use new security bolts when replacing it to make it look like new again, unlike some companies out there who do not even

re-secure them, we also do not use any form of solder when flashing them.

It will take the BHP up to about 215bhp and the torque up to 209lbft.

We have no issues doing remaps on new cars or doing warranty work on remapped cars. Revo got all the codes from one of our brand new Fabia VRS cars, even before we had done a PDI on it. We do remap 2 -3 cars a month on PDI with no issues and have done for the last 5 - 6 years.

However any sort of remap can void some warranty work, for example if you had a stereo fault that would still be covered for the 3 years, if you had an engine fault that may not be by some dealers, as I said we have no issues.

Skoda / VW group are starting to clamp down on it but at present the Revo Maps do not show up on the detection system they have added, with Revo you can purchase a switch to turn it on and off so if you did take it into another dealership you can easily turn it off just to put your mind at rest.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 07 March 2012 22:16

To: enquiries

Subject: Revo

Hi

I have seen that you are listed as an approved revo technik retailer. I have a fabia rs 2011 61 plate and my enquiry is how much would it be for your garage to remap the car. Also how does it effect my 3 year warranty if I have the remap done there at your skoda dealership.

Mike wilkinson

Sent from my iPad

• Like 1

The Map is detectable by Skoda, If your car is connected to the VAS diagnostic machine and SVM is carried out (SOFTWARE VERSION MANAGEMENT). Once the data from the control units is collated and submitted online, if its been chipped it can be identified a warning is displayed after a few minutes on the vehicle data page in elsapro. The dealer or Skoda UK would still have to decide whether the map caused any warranty issue.

Iirc it's something like MP1 appears on ElsaPro isn't it? I haven't had ODIS flag one yet but I know with the latest V.0.5 update I did yesterday its starting to bring all the systems together now.

aren't you all missing the big issue: any modification to the vehicle would invalidate the insurance by the side of which warranty problems would be neither here nor there! Of course you could notify insurance in which case they would either, (a) immediately cancel cover or (B) increase the premium so much you wouldn't be able afford to run the car anyway.