When is the Octavia III due?

Hi all,

I've read somewhere the Octvia III is due at the end of this year...does anyone have any more info? How much later would a VRS version be released?... probably about time I start saving up :)

The timing is really difficult for me. PCP runs out in Jan and would like another Octy but I'm not going to buy a model that is about to be replaced a few months later.

• Like 1

Fantastic! Mine will be about ready for a change by then :)

And mine! :rock:

LOL

Mine will be changed for the current model next January and will be due again 2015.. Perfect timing :happy:

The timing is really difficult for me. PCP runs out in Jan and would like another Octy but I'm not going to buy a model that is about to be replaced a few months later.

Isn't that always the way (sods law) !

I knew about the new model due sometime 2013, but have ordered my Octy as it will be my first Skoda anyways.

The way I look at it, give it a year so they can iron out any niggles in the new car, another year so they upgrade specs etc, that'll mean by the time my PCP is up, if I have been happy with Skoda ownership, I'll be ready for a proven and developed MKIII :)

I guess if you really want to get a MKIII, settle your PCP and keep your current car would be the best option, or hand it back and buy a cheap runaround with a years mot and tax, but obviously less to trade in.

Or possibly get a superb next instead !

Edited by Mr Grump

Closest we have to an official statement.

Skoda brand director Robert Hazelwood said the network achieved its third consecutive year of record business in 2011.

“We’re set to achieve 50,000 sales this year for a market share of around 2.5 per cent but we’re on target to reach 80,000 volume in 2016 – double the number we achieve in 2010.

“The business will come from a well-developed plan that we believe is credible, so we’re asking the network to make sure they’re ready for our new range,” he said.

Following the launch of its new city runabout model, Skoda will reveal a new car in September positioned between the Fabia and Octavia. As yet unnamed, it will be available in hatchback and estate form.

“After that, we get the next-generation Octavia next spring, so there’s real momentum in the network and we’re asking dealers to invest now to prepare for our new seven-car range.

So they will unveil the new Octavia next spring 2013.

Simon

Edited by SBirch

Some models of the curreny octy dropped this week as they are on long deliveries, Scout, 4x4 L&K (some) some 140 disels, I think all on around 9 months delivery so gives us a clue when the existing builds will stop

Some models of the curreny octy dropped this week as they are on long deliveries, Scout, 4x4 L&K (some) some 140 disels, I think all on around 9 months delivery so gives us a clue when the existing builds will stop

Looks like no factory orders for all models with the 1.2TSI,1.8TSI and 2.0CR140 engines.

I was in the parts department, trying to get new logod badges( ordered last June! ) anyway Stacey at D.M.Keiths in Bradford said late Summer 13 for the vision D , ( not the Octavia, ( the model between Fabia and Octavia) 2014 for the Octavia 3 and any vRS version will be a year after the boggo one!

I was in the parts department, trying to get new logod badges( ordered last June! ) anyway Stacey at D.M.Keiths in Bradford said late Summer 13  for the vision D , ( not the Octavia, ( the model between Fabia and Octavia) 2014 for the Octavia 3 and any vRS version will be a year after the boggo one!

Thats very loooong for the octy3 vrs then..

• Like 1

I was in the parts department, trying to get new logod badges( ordered last June! ) anyway Stacey at D.M.Keiths in Bradford said late Summer 13 for the vision D , ( not the Octavia, ( the model between Fabia and Octavia) 2014 for the Octavia 3 and any vRS version will be a year after the boggo one!

The cutback in the range would suggest earlier I think - unless they start to allow you to order them all again. Surely the 140 Diesel must be one of the most popular engine choices.

Odd then Skoda have already said the vision D will be later this year and the mk3 Q2 next year. Seems odd to cut production THIS early.

Everything is late, the Citygo was supposed to be early Autumn last year , yet is launched around April 18th this year :yawn:

Some of the delay in this country at least, I gather is the fact that they really wanted to Launch the new range when dealers had invested in their new white showrooms with new logos, which for most will be next year. I would imagine an overlap of cars, the Mark 1 Octavia was sold for at least 2 years after the M2 was launched, loads of 57 plate Taxis around here

Everything is late, the Citygo was supposed to be early Autumn last year , yet is launched around April 18th this year :yawn:

Some of the delay in this country at least, I gather is the fact that they really wanted to Launch the new range when dealers had invested in their new white showrooms with new logos, which for most will be next year. I would imagine an overlap of cars, the Mark 1 Octavia was sold for at least 2 years after the M2 was launched, loads of 57 plate Taxis around here

That'll be the Octavia Tour which is a mark 1 that is still to this day sold as new to taxi firms. Not sure the mark 2 will go the same way though.

Mark II Tour/Combi Tour is available in Eastern Europe since summer 2011, starts at around 11K Euro for 1.4MPi (80PS) and 1.6MPi (102PS). Based on Mark I tour selling for years, I doubt there will be a FL II Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys possibly looking at replacing my VRS LE Estate this year or early next. I have clear 2 choices at thsi time

Wait for the Mk III VRS ..... If June 2013 then viable ....

Or

Superb CR170 4x4 Elegance Estate

Guys possibly looking at replacing my VRS LE Estate this year or early next. I have clear 2 choices at thsi time

Wait for the Mk III VRS ..... If June 2013 then viable ....

Or

Superb CR170 4x4 Elegance Estate

Superb :thumbup: