Panic buying of fuel

Spudhoolio

It begs the question, should we cancel our 1st holiday with the boys in 2 years because we might not reach our destination because of a fuel shortage??

Or on the flipside the roads will be clear as nobody will want to use their last 50 litres!

And if when we run really low at least we have somewhere to sleep :giggle:

Didn't "our Dave" say when he was trying to get elected that he would be "a friend of the motorist" ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/columnists/mike-rutherford/7652239/David-Cameron-I-will-be-a-friend-of-the-motorist.html

Mind you, he's a politician and all they do is fib.

The shell station I fill up at was already out of Petrol tonight :( & queuing 1/4mile down the road. I must say I'm now really looking forward to going away with the caravan this weekend :think:

It begs the question, should we cancel our 1st holiday with the boys in 2 years because we might not reach our destination because of a fuel shortage??

IMO anyone who strikes doesn't deserve to have a job. If you don't like your pay/working conditions, then get another job, thats what I and many others do.

Stop holding the country to ransom :finger:

Well I must say I hope you loose your conditions or even better your job all together!

Well I must say I hope you loose your conditions or even better your job all together!

My conditions have changed over the past 4 years and not to benefit me but my employers. Every year they get nice pay rises/better perks/pensions/bonuses and every year I become worse & worse off. Do I go on strike/complain?? NO but what I am doing is making the most of a bad situation and getting ready to move on with better prospects/pay/working hours/benefits, NOT making other people's daily lifes anymore stressful than they need to be :thumbup:

SWMBO has also lost over 50% of her working hours but we had adapted our lifestyle to suit & sacrifices have been made.

It seems to me that if you are part of a Union and you feel hard done by 'strike action' is the way togo to get what you want. I've worked alongside many council employees doing the same job and all the did was moan, yet I was always in the office for 3-4hours a day more and expected to work weekends & not be entitled to the same benefits as them :wonder:

Just saying it as I see it :hi:

Matthew

• Like 1

With Furby telling me I'd got 15miles left, I filled up today( only £10). Pertol station was empty. Then ,I got a panic message from mrsV -"we need milk".And as local place is 99p for 2 L , I went there . Same again - no Queues, no panic.

Didn't "our Dave" say when he was trying to get elected that he would be "a friend of the motorist" ?

http://www.telegraph...e-motorist.html

Mind you, he's a politician and all they do is fib.

Politicians can be economical with the truth, tell terminological inexactudes, BUT THEY never LIE, OR FIB.

My conditions have changed over the past 4 years and not to benefit me but my employers. Every year they get nice pay rises/better perks/pensions/bonuses and every year I become worse & worse off. Do I go on strike/complain?? NO but what I am doing is making the most of a bad situation and getting ready to move on with better prospects/pay/working hours/benefits, NOT making other people's daily lifes anymore stressful than they need to be :thumbup:

SWMBO has also lost over 50% of her working hours but we had adapted our lifestyle to suit & sacrifices have been made.

It seems to me that if you are part of a Union and you feel hard done by 'strike action' is the way togo to get what you want. I've worked alongside many council employees doing the same job and all the did was moan, yet I was always in the office for 3-4hours a day more and expected to work weekends & not be entitled to the same benefits as them :wonder:

Just saying it as I see it :hi:

Matthew

I take it your private sector then. Obviously if you don't agree with industrial action you won't use any of the 'perks' then ie when you're off on sick leave you won't accept any pay and will obviously feel the need to pay those monies back?

I used to work for a local council and all my mates who work in private sector got the same 'perks' as I did ie flexi time, sick leave etc etc. I have always been part of a union and will support industrial action whatever the cause, maybe it because I have principals but I would never cross a picket line by choice. Unfortunately I'm now in a occupation where I cannot take any form of industrial action but I will still support those that can anyway I can.

I take it your private sector then. Obviously if you don't agree with industrial action you won't use any of the 'perks' then ie when you're off on sick leave you won't accept any pay and will obviously feel the need to pay those monies back?

I used to work for a local council and all my mates who work in private sector got the same 'perks' as I did ie flexi time, sick leave etc etc. I have always been part of a union and will support industrial action whatever the cause, maybe it because I have principals but I would never cross a picket line by choice. Unfortunately I'm now in a occupation where I cannot take any form of industrial action but I will still support those that can anyway I can.

Yes, I work in the Private sector supporting the NHS and some of the people I work with are Public Sector workers who get much better working hours/sick leave/holiday pay etc etc. My work involves 12hr day/night shifts and the public sector workers get approx 1 weeks more a/l per year than me for working the same hours :mmm:

I have been suffering with absesses for the last 4 years and up until mid last year all the NHS could do was keep giving me prescriptions and not operating due to long waiting lists, this was costing me in loss of earnings. I eventually signed up to Bupa to get the operation done and came to an agreement with work over pay during this period as in the long term would mean I would have less time off :)

Yes, I work in the Private sector supporting the NHS and some of the people I work with are Public Sector workers who get much better working hours/sick leave/holiday pay etc etc. My work involves 12hr day/night shifts and the public sector workers get approx 1 weeks more a/l per year than me for working the same hours :mmm:

I have been suffering with absesses for the last 4 years and up until mid last year all the NHS could do was keep giving me prescriptions and not operating due to long waiting lists, this was costing me in loss of earnings. I eventually signed up to Bupa to get the operation done and came to an agreement with work over pay during this period as in the long term would mean I would have less time off :)

Obviously you are a matar, I suggest you move on and find another job as you obviously have such a rubbish one.

Give it up... you've lost that one fair and square.

I don't have an amazing salary, decent working conditions or even paid overtime, but I simply get on with it. Glad to have a career in the current climate because, unlike many my age, I don't feel the world owes me something. I'm just proud to be on my own two feet, gaining a new skill set.

Thank feck I filled my tank this weekend... least I won't have to wait in exacerbated queues of Mail-reading halfwits.

• Like 1

Obviously you are a matar, I suggest you move on and find another job as you obviously have such a rubbish one.

It not where I would like to be but I am employed and making the best of my situation, without affecting anybody else and as soon as the time is right I shall move onto better things :thumbup:

I filled up yesterday purely because I was away at the weekend, and it was down to the red just, having not got any diesel for the last month, and going back to work next week. No queuing at all.

Give it up... you've lost that one fair and square.

I don't have an amazing salary, decent working conditions or even paid overtime, but I simply get on with it. Glad to have a career in the current climate because, unlike many my age, I don't feel the world owes me something. I'm just proud to be on my own two feet, gaining a new skill set.

Thank feck I filled my tank this weekend... least I won't have to wait in exacerbated queues of Mail-reading halfwits.

I probably have with the mentalities on here, because someone has something others don't they should fight for when it's threatened, and I'm also sure that if those same people against the strike had something that the tanker drivers didn't then it would also be fine and the tanker drivers would just have to put up with it.

Everyone should fight for decent conditions. Let's also not forget that the tanker drivers are taking action against safety concers, I'm sure all you keyboard warriors would up in arms if something went wrong and someone you knew were involved.

I don't know why people are panicking? Even the unions that represent the drivers have said that they will give 7 days advance notice before the effective day of the strike. So far no one have said firmly YES or NO for the strike, so even if they decide today to go ahead with it, the strike will start on 5th of April, so why is this madness??? Everyone will have the whole 7 days before (IF) anything is affected.

And the important bit of Padrino's post I've highlighted:

will give 7 days advance notice before the effective day of the strike

Currently that is all they are proposing, one day one week, another day the next week.

And they still haven't said they will walk out, it is just a proposal/threat.

The whole thing is being egged up by the Press!!

And the important bit of Padrino's post I've highlighted:

will give 7 days advance notice before the effective day of the strike

Currently that is all they are proposing, one day one week, another day the next week.

And they still haven't said they will walk out, it is just a proposal/threat.

The whole thing is being egged up by the Press!!

Don't forget all the news channels on the box as well, they keep talking about it like it happening right now at this moment.....t0$$er$......

Edited by Padrino

I needed petrol today as I only had 10 miles left all three stations near me were queuing up waiting bloody doughnuts lol

Why have you let it get so low? It will be pulling all the crap in the tank through your filter.

Filled the tank a few days ago. It's my day off today so didn't have anything planned so went for a drive up Brecon. Yes it's a waste of fuel but it's fun and atm I can still afford it. I'm cycling to work on sunny days anyway. I worked it out I actually get in quicker on a bike