The definitive Yeti roof bar poll!

angrybeard

The Yeti roof bar question  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What Yeti roof bar would you recommend from experience?

• Skoda original Bars (LAS630001)
    • Thule pro rack (775 footpack and bars)
    • Other

Can I ask another quickie... where supplied, do people use the 20mm x 20mm T-Track adapters or do you use one of the larger alternatives available? i.e. the 30mm x 24mm ones?

Thanks again!

Since you've just bought the Škoda system you can obviously only fit things into that groove that is as wide as that. I don't have mine to hand to measure so not sure if the 30mm ones fit or not.  

The ones The Roofbox Co offer for the Skoda bars are 20mm square and are a reasonably close fit. Can't measure the bars at the minute but at a guess I'd say anything much bigger (width across the groove) wouldn't fit and longer along the groove won't, in reality, add anything secure-wise, if that's a concern. The 20mm sq are a secure fit.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just as a follow up, I bought the above bars, they fit & work great, take about 20 mins to fit the first time, after that about 5 mins, (paid £61.00 for them delivered using an online 5% discount code). I have just ordered a Thule Motion 200 to fit onto them for our camping trips.

• 6 months later...

Apologies for dragging this thread up again, but I guess it's good to add to the old thread than start a new one.

I'm looking for some bars for a new Yeti and I'm drawn to the Thule Wingbars Edge 9583. Apart from the extortionate cost, are there any downsides with these bars? I like the idea of fitting them further apart than the official Skoda bars and their lower profile (I don't have a sunroof). Is there anything to be gained from the WingBar 969 with 775 feet over the Edge model?

How easy are the Edge to put on and take off?

I picked up some 2nd hand Pro-rack aero-bars S45.

Totally quiet and negligible effect on MPG.

Lowest profile.

Because they clamp on you can position where you like.

The Thule Wingbars were not compatible with my FL Yeti with sunroof and Thule roofbox attached. The glass roof would hit the clamps... I didn't go for the 775 because of the width and so I ended up getting the Skoda roof bars. And I'm satisfied.

Bought the Genuine Yeti roof bars and slightly regret it... they do look smart on the car however they aren't as accommodating as the Thule ones that allow you to set them further apart than the designated Yeti roof bar attachment points.