Recent pics of your fabia for no reason, just stick em up!

10 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

How'd you manage that one?

Took the rear view mirror off whilst fitting my dashcam then that happened when I tried putting the mirror back on. £200 for a new windscreen

Edited by Ryan90VRS
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ryan90VRS said:

Took the rear view mirror off whilst fitting my dashcam then that happened when I tried putting the mirror back on. £200 for a new windscreen

Why didn't you get it replaced on the insurance, it would only have cost £75 for the excess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryan90VRS said:

Took the rear view mirror off whilst fitting my dashcam then that happened when I tried putting the mirror back on.

I ended up with the rear view mirror coming off in my hand (leaving the bracket), you just turn it 90 degrees from centre and fit it that way - the solution I mention is on these forums somewhere.

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

It is a stunning bit of kit though!

Have you read Trevs build thread? It's a cracker! I'd like to do something to it myself but I've no idea what (other than the new windscreen 😅

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan90VRS said:

Have you read Trevs build thread? It's a cracker! I'd like to do something to it myself but I've no idea what (other than the new windscreen 😅

I have indeed. Both threads actually! You should do something unique to it (seat retrim???) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nightmare this morning. Was 15 miles from home when I got out of the car to get something out of the boot and the car decided to lock itself with the keys in the ignition and the engine still running. I am in the RAC but my RAC card and phone were locked in the car so I had to smash the passenger side front window so I could drive home. Just as well it wasn't raining. When I say I had to smash the window, I mean I tried about ten times to break it but it was so tough that I couldn't smash it. Eventually, a young guy passing by used an ice skate blade to smash it, but it still took him 5 goes before it went. Spent three hours this afternoon cleaning glass out of the car. Had to take the seats out as the glass was absolutely everywhere. Have bought a used window from ebay. Seeing the interior covered in glass was quite upsetting as I always keep it spotless inside.  When the window arrives I will have to clean all the glass that will be inside the door when I get the carrier off. Nothing has gone right for me lately.

SS854338.jpg

• Sad 3

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

Sorry that this happened to you, Lee. It doesn't sound pleasant. :sadsmile:

I hope you can get that sorted soon. :)

Thanks mate :)

• Like 1