Recent pics of your fabia for no reason, just stick em up!

4 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Nice one. I take it you're getting on well with it? At least you wouldn't have to worry about losing it in car parks. :D

There is always that. The amount of conversations I've had with random people in car parks about the colour is crazy, even an old boy probably in his late 70s was loving the colour 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Made a better window cover so I can get the door open to work on getting the carrier off, etc.

SS854346.jpg

It sounds like one hell of a job to replace the glass, but needs must unfortunately. Better than being stranded beside your running car.

• Like 1

^ It's a pig of a job Ryan. Last thing I wanted to do was break the window but I was totally stuck and somewhat panicking as I suffer with bad anxiety to start with. The pain of it is that I had the same door apart not that long ago to fit a new regulator :sadsmile:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TMB said:

^ It's a pig of a job Ryan. Last thing I wanted to do was break the window but I was totally stuck and somewhat panicking as I suffer with bad anxiety to start with. The pain of it is that I had the same door apart not that long ago to fit a new regulator :sadsmile:

Aw Lee, my wee heart goes out to you. There's nothing worse than the feeling of being stuck and panicking, and having to do something like that, even if you know it has to be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Aw Lee, my wee heart goes out to you. There's nothing worse than the feeling of being stuck and panicking, and having to do something like that, even if you know it has to be done.

Thanks bud. I will have it sorted soon, hopefully :)

• Like 1

On 09/11/2021 at 20:40, TMB said:

Nightmare this morning. Was 15 miles from home when I got out of the car to get something out of the boot and the car decided to lock itself with the keys in the ignition and the engine still running. I am in the RAC but my RAC card and phone were locked in the car so I had to smash the passenger side front window so I could drive home. Just as well it wasn't raining. When I say I had to smash the window, I mean I tried about ten times to break it but it was so tough that I couldn't smash it. Eventually, a young guy passing by used an ice skate blade to smash it, but it still took him 5 goes before it went. Spent three hours this afternoon cleaning glass out of the car. Had to take the seats out as the glass was absolutely everywhere. Have bought a used window from ebay. Seeing the interior covered in glass was quite upsetting as I always keep it spotless inside.  When the window arrives I will have to clean all the glass that will be inside the door when I get the carrier off. Nothing has gone right for me lately.

SS854338.jpg

Oh, not much else you could  do, my late Dad once loked his keys in a Renault 16 at his brother inlaws 100 miles from home , phoned Renault dealer who said 'just hit the hatch chrome exposed lock barel with a hammer , covered it with a towel and it popped open without damage, no such luck nowadays.

Hope it's not too expensive to fix.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Damn, sorry about your windscreen Ryan 🙁 How did it happen?

Thanks Lee. Was nearly crushed by a log lorry cutting a corner on a particularly bad bit of the A713 (Tourist route to Castle Douglas, I live along it) that chucked off a small bit of wood. It bounced off the windscreen in at the pillar, skited* up the windscreen leaving a series of chips and taking paint off my a-pillar. T-Cut and a touch-up pen should do the job.

*Scots term

1 minute ago, TMB said:

^ Aww, bad luck mate :sadsmile:

Swings and roundabouts, as they say. The scratches on the screen can be a pain when it's sunny or someone with really bright headlights is coming past and it's got the same issue as the tailgate glass with the delamination (?) or the black paint coming off. I don't mind paying the £75 to get it replaced if it means it'll be slightly more presentable.

• Like 1

Window arrived today. Only thing is that it's green tinted and the car only has clear windows. Didn't look tinted in the ebay pic and wasn't listed as tinted. Will drive my OCD mad 🤪 Oh well, at least I'll have the car back as I'm lost without it.

SS854353.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, TMB said:

Window arrived today. Only thing is that it's green tinted and the car only has clear windows. Didn't look tinted in the ebay pic and wasn't listed as tinted. Will drive my OCD mad 🤪 Oh well, at least I'll have the car back as I'm lost without it.

SS854353.jpg

There's nothing worse than not having your car. As a side note, is this an excuse to replace the other windows for the same green tints??? :D

• Like 1

^ Haha, bugger that for a lark 😄

I just realised in comparing the pics that they have swapped the window I ordered for a tinted one. The swines. This is the one I ordered and is obviously clear glass...

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by TMB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

^ Haha, bugger that for a lark 😄

I just realised in comparing the pics that they have swapped the window I ordered for a tinted one. The swines. This is the one I ordered and is obviously clear glass...

s-l1600.jpg

Do I see a cats tail in that photo, top right?

• Like 1

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

Do I see a cats tail in that photo, top right?

Yes, I saw that too. Must be their scrapyard cat. Window came from a breakers yard in Norwich.

Guess I could always get some tint film for the other windows 😀

• Like 1