Limited Edition VRs Blackline - Anyone ever heard of them?

I'm in the same game as you mate, currently got a VRS Diesel Hatch in Race Blue and will pick up another Diesel in September this one will be Steel Grey - enjoy your new car - Lee, are you RE i recognise your name.

Regards

I am indeed a sapper mate, where you at??

I am indeed a sapper mate, where you at??

I'm at 28 Engr's - alright here mate, get left alone - we don't share our barracks with anyone else - just fight amongst ourselves in the Sqn Bar's on a Friday night!! lol !!

I'm at 28 Engr's - alright here mate, get left alone - we don't share our barracks with anyone else - just fight amongst ourselves in the Sqn Bar's on a Friday night!! lol !!

Ex 35 Engr`s Hamlen here... well some time ago .....think the old Gordon Barrack has closed now :sweat: Looks a smart car I have see it in green very nice

Ex 35 Engr`s Hamlen here... well some time ago .....think the old Gordon Barrack has closed now :sweat: Looks a smart car I have see it in green very nice

Hello mate, 35 Engr's moved to Paderborn and 28 Engr's moved into Gordon Bk's which is still going, Bindon Bk's has been handed back to the German's - dismantled and turned into posh flats / housing etc. I liked the Green VRS but her in doors wanted Steel Grey, which is nice, so thats whats on order, get it September.

Regards

• 3 months later...

Lee, got an email off of Wayne last night. Skoda will now only do black, White and Blue in the Blackline. Get mine in December after my stint in the Sandy place full speck DSG Diesel. just under 17000 can't get anything else on it. was looking at Silver but now going for the Black. not sure if my mate has had the same email he is looking at the estate in Green. Defo last one tax free and not looking forward to the fuel and tax etc in the UK. let me know what you think when you get it please?

• 2 weeks later...

@lee hey how is your new car?I have booked mine for nov but I have no idea as to what it would look like...tried looking everywhere in the net no answer.Got any info.Confused "pongoo" from Gutersloh.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If u have a friend in the forces can they buy it and then u buy it off them?

If the car gets registered in the UK, do u have to pay all the tax savings back?

Edited by Ultima

If your friend was to buy the car it would have to be registered with him/her in Germany for one year and a day, then you are free to do with it what you wish. If you were to import back to the UK before this time was up they would be banned from getting tax free cars. You would also have to pay the tax back on the vehicle I believe. There are circumstances where this wouldn't be the case however buying a car for a friend isn't one of them cases.

I've never had a quote myself while posted in the UK but I believe the savings are much greater when posted abroad. They do still offer deals to service personnel serving in the UK though.

I couldn't comment on the Police discount scheme, although I imagine it is much the same as for UK serving service personnel.

UK based Service personnel are entitled to tax paid only, unfortunately, not tax free. I bought mine through Forces Car Discount. They now offer deals to civvy Bill. Not sure if they get taxpaid or tax free entitlement.

To be honest, Drive The Deal were not that far off my tax paid discount.

Its rare for Senior Service personnel to get long term LFS, not withstanding 6 months+ Afghan jollies!

Fin

The Blackline is being released to dealers over the coming weeks so haven't seen one in the metal yet but would guess that it has the standard chrome grill.

Thanks, it doesn't look as "chromey" in the online brochure, was hoping for a simple way of getting rid of the chrome on my vRS grill - the only bit i don't like about the exterior.

Paul

The Blackline is being released to dealers over the coming weeks so haven't seen one in the metal yet but would guess that it has the standard chrome grill.

So the Blackline is an official Skoda option now then? Exactly what does it include above vRS spec? Black wheels, leather and the Amundsen satnav?