jars' 2005 Fabia vRS

Titanium_Man

3 hours ago, jars said:

I actually blacked out as my blood pressure dropped through the floor

Been there, done that. Feels nasty, but at least you're in the right place to get a BP crash handled promptly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Been there, done that. Feels nasty, but at least you're in the right place to get a BP crash handled promptly.

It happens to me every now and again, which is why I had the implant under my skin on my chest a few weeks ago. 

Not clear what’s causing my BP to crash, even with it happening here whilst hooked up to all the machines. 

2 hours ago, jars said:

Not clear what’s causing my BP to crash, even with it happening here whilst hooked up to all the machines.

That I can tell you in my case, but I doubt it will be the same issue for you. During haemodialysis we occasionally attempt to remove too much water from a patient, and that will cause a BP crash (it has for me, about twice). The last time I called that it was happening, and the next thing I remember I was flat on my back, there was a sick bowl on my table, and 2 nurses were rolling back my dialysis saline to get my BP back up.

Well I'm still looking forward to going through airport security with my new hip joint and associated scaffolding, but I reckon you've knocked my fun into a cocked hat.

Can just see the airport security faces when they realise you're ticking :D

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6c7bebdd-6c69-4fce-9df1-a5ff068c21e2#WlQ8pwii.copy

Gaz

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, jars said:

but even though Zee has now been through this with me twice before she’s blown away with how I’ve been :) 

You are handling it really well, I am in full admiration as I know I would not be as brave. It's very true that a PMA makes a big difference and it's brilliant that you have that attitude :)

Edited by TMB
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

So, are you like Iron Man then? I was going to say Caped Crusader but that'd be the wrong super-hero and the wrong bloody franchise... :D

Guess so, but made of titanium instead.... I'm lighter and and therefore quicker :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

I'm still unsure about it TBH??!?! 

It's cool 👍

How are you feeling now? :)

Edited by TMB
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TMB said:

It's cool 👍

How are you feeling now? :)

I'm feeling really good actually. Much better mobility today, bee walking around the ward. Didn't get across to a recovery ward as they want to sort out my INR levels first (the body's ability to clot, in Short) They weren't great, so they stuck mean a drip at 11:40 this morning, which finishes at 5am😱 

• Like 2

Just now, Titanium_Man said:

I'm feeling really good actually. Much better mobility today, bee walking around the ward. Didn't get across to a recovery ward as they want to sort out my INR levels first (the body's ability to clot, in Short) They weren't great, so they stuck mean a drip at 11:40 this morning, which finishes at 5am😱 

Great to hear you're feeling good 👍 Hope the drip sorts out the INR levels. You're making good progress by the sounds of it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TMB said:

Great to hear you're feeling good 👍 Hope the drip sorts out the INR levels. You're making good progress by the sounds of it :)

Yeah, great progress. Even my consultant is surprised each day they've come to see me. Guess as this is number 3 op my body knows how to deal with it...I dunno!?!?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Titanium_Man said:

Yeah, great progress. Even my consultant is surprised each day they've come to see me. Guess as this is number 3 op my body knows how to deal with it...I dunno!?!?

I dunno either but I'm really pleased with how everything is going for you :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

I dunno either but I'm really pleased with how everything is going for you :)

Thanks mate.

Continued positive messages from people such as yourself help keep my spirits up and help me keep focused. 

This is such a difficult thing to go through physically and emotionally (I actually start therapy for PTSD in July) all you guys on here have no idea just how much you’ve helped me keep a spring on my step and a smile on my face. Zee knows just how supportive some have been on here, she knows your names, and is very thankful to you all 🥰

• Like 3
  • Love it! 1

Just boshed a very strong sleeping tablet, 2 tramadol tablets, some oral morphine and the last bit of Oxycodone, so vest get my head down before I fall asleep with my phone in my hand :DB)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

This is such a difficult thing to go through physically and emotionally (I actually start therapy for PTSD in July) all you guys on here have no idea just how much you’ve helped me keep a spring on my step and a smile on my face. Zee knows just how supportive some have been on here, she knows your names, and is very thankful to you all 🥰

I can empathise with how much of a big and difficult thing it must be to go through having seen my dad go through a heart transplant. If I can play even the tiniest part in helping you it makes me happy.

• Love it! 2

11 minutes ago, Titanium_Man said:

Just boshed a very strong sleeping tablet, 2 tramadol tablets, some oral morphine and the last bit of Oxycodone, so vest get my head down before I fall asleep with my phone in my hand :DB)

Have a good sleep 👍

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TMB said:

How ya doing mate? I saw you're out of hospital and managed to get a bit of sun yesterday :)

Ello mate. Been an up and down few days, but mostly up. I’ll give a better update tomorrow as I’m absolutely zonked, but didn’t want to ignore you :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Titanium_Man said:

Ello mate. Been an up and down few days, but mostly up. I’ll give a better update tomorrow as I’m absolutely zonked, but didn’t want to ignore you :) 

I understand :)

• Like 1