jars' 2005 Fabia vRS

Titanium_Man

Stole this idea haha! Sealed doors but ones leaking big time so cut works bin bag. Not checked it yet.

Sent from my GT-N7000

I used a bit of old plastic shower curtain to do mine.

The beauty of it is even though the water is coming through the bottom

of the doorcard it can't get over that seal and behind the carpet

and has to go out under the door as it's meant to.

It's quite important to take a bit of care making the curtain fit well.

Not least because it will work better if it's made to measure.

I pegged the cut to length section of curtain on, then hung it out through the door,

closed it and cut off the excess in situ with a stanley knife so that it

was flush with the door edge. Opened the door, pulled it up just 10 mm

re pegged and then it was invisible from the outside. It didn't need repositioning

once in all the time I had it in but I put that down to the shower curtain being

thicker than a plastic bag. I imagine thinner plastic would be a bit flappy.

What's the problem with the radio? Just I had one and all was working so wondered if I can help

Sorry dude I know this is a bit lazy, but much quicker and easier!!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/242555-fabia-vrs-mk1-double-din-install-help/#entry2848204

I notice you got a similar head unit in yours... Did you install miopocket/igo8 to change the Nav??

Cheers mate, any light you can shed would be awesome... I did look at the guide that was posted in response, but still didnt answer my questions in me post!

I seem to remember me cutting the blue wire from the new head unit as it stuffed something up but can't remember what to be honest.

Never ran mio pocket as I couldn't get the files all together from sources as the links were dead. I ran the igo fine as it came with it but upgraded it to tomtom which was a lot better really. Hope this does the trick for you anyway.

Ah ok, going to take a look tomorrow at some point and will check the book for what the blue wire is for.

Yeah I had the same problem. I did message the fella who posted the links and just waiting for him to come back.... that said, I think I may have found them all myself today but not at my house to put it on the sd card and try it.

If it works and you're interested I can point you in the right direction? No worries if not but I reckon being able to play Doom on the head unit will be amazing.... my lad will love it!

I do fancy the TomTom nav. was that easy to find and install?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting my new stereo... still not 100% happy with how it is... Need a surround to finish it off.... Now to install the TomTom (thanks again Nuyrian... Will let you know how I get on!!)

DSCN3313.jpg

c35fcd9f.jpg

14f07252.jpg

And some brighter internal lights....

e216f466.jpg

7cabd6e4.jpg

if you was to take the plastic surround off of that stereo and just use the skoda top piece wouldnt it then slot back a bit more and make it look a lot better? or is it just me thinking its sitting out way to much because of that trim over hanging?

if you was to take the plastic surround off of that stereo and just use the skoda top piece wouldnt it then slot back a bit more and make it look a lot better? or is it just me thinking its sitting out way to much because of that trim over hanging?

Yeah you got me! This picture was taken when I tried to install it the first time a few weeks ago but have since got it sitting as well as it can but not uploaded a new picture from my camera!

hmm i have mine in my roof lining magnetic against my roof but thats the same hit and miss thinking about putting it on the n/s top corner of the windscreen (i dont like them on the dash on the fabia)

If you completely remove the interior light cluster there is quite

a lot of space in the headlining around the area the light occupies.

Perhaps that would work better?

i ended up moving mine again just about a inch from where it was before so its not right next to the grab handle and it works perfect now has not played up for days :)

Few good suggestions guys, thanks!!

I did consider putting it in the headlining somewhere but not touched it all before and was a little worried I would mess it up as need to get a professional to put it all back haha!

really easy to put in the headlining literally once you have the wire by the passenger door which im guessing you know how to do that pull back the door seal and put behind it undo the grab handle and very slightly pull back the headlining just enough to slide the aerial through put the seal back on but hitting it into place.. job done! :)

Still waiting on my delivery from DPM, should have been here by now :(

.... But I have now fitted the last piece of the stereo... for now as its still not right and waiting on another surround to try!

ee7c839e.jpg

As you can see below it doesn't sit flush to the car

ba70bc91.jpg

If I could I would change the stereo as I think I actually hate it looking like this :(

To be honest mate, the reason I got rid of mine was firstly the fact it didn't sit flush and looked like it was an after thought! I ended up hating it and replaced it with an alpine which showed the eonon unit to actually be a piece of garbage! It was noticeable that the eonon sounded rubbish even though amped up, was slow as hell, looked cheap and most of all, I hated the time it takes for the USB to load every time I start the car!

Edited by mattievrs

To be honest mate, the reason I got rid of mine was firstly the fact it didn't sit flush and looked like it was an after thought! I ended up hating it and replaced it with an alpine which showed the eonon unit to actually be a piece of garbage! It was noticeable that the eonon sounded rubbish even though amped up, was slow as hell, looked cheap and most of all, I hated the time it takes for the USB to load every time I start the car!

I can see why you changed it, buggin the crap out of me to be honest! As you say, sounds pretty rubbish.

I play all my music via Bluetooth from my phone as that plays as soon as I'm in as it's on, but can't help thinking about changing for another, take the hit..... But gonna have to wait til the new year now, and possibly (probably) after she's been remapped :(

Having issues with me laptop so have no pictures yet after spending about 4 hours cleaning my seats... and should be in the garage this week to replace my suspension.... A little excited I'm not gonna lie!

• 1 month later...

I've been crazy busy over these last few weeks so I haven't been able to keep this as updated as I would like, but hey :) (sure I've heard that somewhere before?!?!)

The car has been through a big transformation over these last weeks....

Bought one of these of an auction site
ccc6426f.jpg

When I bought this back in January 2011, the seats had been "professionally cleaned" ... all I can say was it stank to high heaven for a good week but looked spanking! As fellow Fabia vRS owners know, these seats are a pain to keep clean, so some kind of cleaning contraption was always on the shopping list to get ride of stuff like this.....

35771f4f.jpg
271950DF-AA7F-40AB-A858-70C1CE178469-352
... but with perseverance, comes results...
AC466D39-9CE4-4D2D-AC44-B5DA6F78F54D-352

but to be fair, it was pretty easy with that little Vax thing
4054D405-DA5A-47C0-927E-2A13F1143D61-352

Although the camera has picked out the old stain on the passenger seat, to the naked eye it is near invisible
960EEB40-3941-4A57-B995-1BA035BD24D4-352

But I drive my car every single day, so naturally that was the worst,(although no bloody stains, so everyone bar me is banned from clean day 1 from eating, drinking etc!) this was after going over my seat vs the entire rear seats!
33CD33B1-7A0E-4843-ADA6-7391A3868828-35252c72040.jpg

I've also had the old 2nd hand KW-V1 set up ripped out and replaced with a brand new version of the same, along with Powerflex front wishbone anti roll bar mount bushes, Powerflex front wishbone bush, new top mounts & bearings and Meley HD OEM drop links.

null_zps39ae08b6.jpg

null_zpsb9c6268d.jpg

All that has transformed the car again... and I love it! Although the old KW's were still in working order and the car is generally in very good order when it was all removed, in comparison to then, it feels much tighter, sharper and responsive. There's a ring road around Bristol which has a particular roundabout which has really shown me the difference!

I've also been replacing the annoying little things that break like internal lights, wiper blades, headlight bulbs etc... not such a glamorous update!

I don't have any pictures of how it's sat right now as I realised after it was too late that I missed off the rear wishbone bush off the shopping list, so will be going back in at some,but will give her another inside and out soon and post up some new pictures

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally managed to get my hands on a laptop and find the time to use Photobucket to improve the pictures as best I can given they're taken on my phone :(

The main reasons why I changed my Coilovers was mainly due to this......

93B625D2-0756-41B9-B8E3-4AEB939F5239-11890-00000E9E20E2553E.jpg

A374C949-6A06-41E6-85DB-CA22B7790B95-11890-00000E9E199178CB.jpg

As you can tell these are fairly, erm.... used by the time I replaced them, but then I did get them third hand! and it was always the plan to replace them within a year if I could live with Coilovers every day given this is my only ever customised car and thought it was a good idea to try before I committed to 500+ notes, or about £100 for a replacement OEM set-up if I didn't, a gamble which worked out.

The other issue with them was that the rear adjuster caps were missing and couldn't readily/easily found replacements. This meant the rear was sat more on it's arse than I wanted and with the front set to the rear meant god awful scrubbing, so I raised the front as it was driving me crazy! The draw back was that it looked back-heavy in pictures, even more noticeable with the naked eye :(

006.jpg

VS

(after raising the front to stop the scrubbing)

476F150F-37E9-4102-9E1F-8DA351767BEB-11890-00000E9BEF0DB669-1.jpg

So with all the other little touches waiting to go on, the car will be practically be ready for the next stage, but before I do this I need to sort the bodywork issues I have picked up over the last 21 months of ownership, most of which has been me, but not all of it :giggle:

The worst affected area is the rear bumper and boot...

Crackers were already on the bumper when I bought the car

6DD3DE34-A734-46F6-9AC9-F137413E2482-11890-00000E9D39B7FB62.jpg

(Have no idea how this happened!)

80C8CDB9-1860-40B9-B2D0-E6805A34443B-11890-00000E9D474CB51D.jpg

(This was me half asleep parking in a space I should not be trying at that time of the morning!)

B57372BD-6EBB-41C7-B3DD-D4CBD1950FDA-11890-00000E9D40E5D89A.jpg

(No idea?!)

B459C410-EA11-4DB1-BE5D-B32B1AD9AEB3-11890-00000E9D3D8267C8.jpg

I've also damaged the front bumper due to my crap judgement when the Coilovers were first put on and at their lowest, but forgot to get some pictures so will update this post later!

I've got a quote from the same bodyshop who did my grill and fog light surrounds, for the entire rear bumper, O/S rear 1/4 panel and lower front bumper for £480 :o but with an MOT and service booked in on the 22nd this may have to wait until the November (possibly longer if I get a certain call)

At the same time and the MOT I have asked my mate to fix a few niggely problems that I can fix, but have not got round to it :wall: and to put on the Powerflex rear wishbone bush I missed off my shopping list a few weeks ago :blush:

This is the most annoying

E2674F34-2809-441A-84DF-893B1CF25C0A-11980-00000E9F68B54A1A.jpg

Dropped the torx screw in the door when I took the handles off for painting, my rear washer has stopped working and to fit the larger rear wishbone Powerflex bush... then I can look at the engine.....

77D4E8EA-E748-41EF-A684-AE4A8C20E370-11890-00000E9B3777A48A.jpg

Cheers for looking, it's now 01:08am and I'm off to Gatwick to pick up a mate :rofl:

The car goes into the body shop in the morning, can't wait for it to look good again.... thought I would document the last of the areas which will be fixed over the next couple of days...

Rear...

740F0AC1-0FCD-4717-A7ED-4166931FEC8C-17579-000015C332F64FE3.jpg

A4A219FF-9019-4657-BD2E-65DA01E4D37B-17579-000015C339A06C06.jpg

Front bumper..

37B62330-F1E9-49D7-BC62-7E2FDF78899B-17579-000015C33D5E8FD1.jpg

738D65CD-D15C-4B36-A41C-3EA5DE3B8414-17579-000015C342C57916.jpg

6D567C7D-C9B8-49A6-9157-F4EFF8953121-17579-000015C346716CBE.jpg

... and the final picture... evidence of where the car tried to fall off it's jack whilst I was trying to put the axle stand under the rear :whew:

6EEE79AA-25C7-4D74-B2ED-1E0D84527BE7-17579-000015C349F74991.jpg

Once all that has been fixed, I have a shiney splitter to go on, new rear light clusters then that will be it for a while as I'm going to be "off the road" for a few months recovering from an operation.

Thanks for reading