jars' 2005 Fabia vRS

Titanium_Man

I've read your thread from start to finish, very interesting :) Your one brave guy to fit all the parts in your Fabia, keep it up ;)

I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, look forward to your next mods.

Ah you've come to the green side now then :rofl: Cheers dude.

Well you can't say you can't do something unless you've tried, so in trying and hoping I don't fudge anything :D

• Like 1

Lol, yep I finally made it :D Soo many benefits of owning a garage, I have to go to Ikea car park to fit minor/small parts :( 

Any plans for upgraded wheels, or you going to stick with these bad boyz? :)

Lol, yep I finally made it :D Soo many benefits of owning a garage, I have to go to Ikea car park to fit minor/small parts :( 

Any plans for upgraded wheels, or you going to stick with these bad boyz? :)

Ah good man :thumbup:

Nah, gonna stick with these. I would be tempted to go back to the Porsche wheels, but would need a big brake kit to go with them as the 312's would look lost, IMO.

My only gripe about my garage is that it isn't flat directly outside the door, so anything requiring jacking her up needs to be done in the garage, which is a bit of a pita but can't grumble :D

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see, I didn't get out into my man cave last Sunday :angel: so I was extra focused this weekend and I am a happier man after my efforts :sun:

Now that I had the complete 'cooler kit, Saturday was earmarked for plumbing it all in properly and naturally I hadn't modded the crash bar enough as when I attached the top pipes from the 'cooler to the top, black plastic pipe in the engine bay, it was still rubbing fairly heavily. So out came the trusty angle grinder and after a couple more hours measuring up, cutting and grinding more back, I was eventually left with this....

7E88A4E2-2084-4A80-9D13-BFEF1A109F48_zps
After tidying up the edges a little, I repainted the exposed bare metal with Hammerite, put to one side and set about getting in the OEM Xenon's. This didn't take long and eventually removed the driver's side again to make it easier to plumb in the top boost pipe.

766CE4FA-72BA-4697-BFE6-81449766EA30_zps

After a brew break, I set about tightening up the lower pipes to the turbo and fitted the modified crash bar. Although there was a mm or 2 gap between the top of the bar and pipe, I had already decided I wasn't going to take any risks with pipes rubbing, so I had already picked up a cheap mouse matt and cut up and wedged between, as you can see :p

E0346A61-0F6B-4195-8EC8-9FBEC520155E_zps

I only had about an hours worth of light left, so I set about removing the EGR valve. Top two bolts were already removed and had 3 left..... but the PITA 3 :devil: Anyway, after a hour of offing and blinding, I gave up for the evening and headed out to watch Robocop with Grr666 :rock:

• Like 1

After a really late night, I woke, had my "usual" for brekkie and headed down to the cave...... After a fairly successful day yesterday, I was raring to go and quickly got at those 3 peskie bolts. But my big hands soon came back to bite me in the a55 and I could not crack 'em  :wall:  After removing the top boost pipe completely, plus cam-belt cover to try and make some space and an hour or so of trying different things, I started to get annoyed, so left the EGR there for the moment.

4FAF2203-270C-4DB8-9BF7-B0DA1FAACD67_zps

I decided I needed to do something fairly easy to calm me down, so set about finish sealing my rear door carriers as I had somehow been left with 5 or 6 air holes, which was allowing some water to leak in over the crimbo period. No pics. After plastering on the Shell stuff, I then attacked my boost pipe to EGR valve with the angle grinder (I'm getting handy with this thing  :rofl:

4A6580B4-C2F1-452E-B480-57BF8D128319_zps

Just as I finished grinding, I heard a cuppa call my name so headed up to the house, a little deflated after still being stumped by these blasted bolts, so quickly turned to my saviour on many occasions, Briskoda.  :kiss:  After posting a couple of threads asking if anyone fancied lending me a hand, and of course me brew ;) I headed back down determined that I wouldn't be beaten by a machine  :giggle:  and after 1/4 can of WD40, a couple of smashes with a hammer and the the blighters were out  :blush:

4D7E1C40-C056-468B-A990-B3512773E635_zps

96k's worth of crap 

0D61DF75-6E17-4A3D-8C37-10D7066138EF_zps

... quickly tidied up the vacuum hoses 

4370DB69-EDE7-4CA1-9054-13D9183E0818_zps

Plain sailing from this point onwards.... removed the pipe between the MAF and EGR to access the brass pipe under the valve, put on the blanking plate and measured up the EGR delete and the modded boost pipe. I quickly realised I needed to heat up the pipe, so used this as an excuse for another cuppa :p After 10 minutes in a cup of boiling water, the pipe was on the delete and quickly attached to the car 

B82B6B81-5C78-406D-90B4-CEC927E95468_zps

So this is how I left her for now... Picture now updated :)

8E677838-CA17-4DC5-BE6C-1B44D4D5D49E_zps

Although the 'cooler is fully installed, as is the Xenon's and EGR delete, I am waiting for the replacement fog light to be delivered, plus I also need to pick up a side light bulb as that blew when I fired them up  :wall: Once I have these things, I'll then be ready to attack the bumper so it will fit   and will be good to drive again  :rock:

• Like 1

Well done mate, if at first you don't succeed and all that... 

When we doing that splitter? And did I already give you some stainless 

screws for it?

Just as an aside,if you wanted to upgrade the fog light bulbs, now's the time...

I'd be inclined to put two new ones in anyway upgrade or not as it's a pain to

change them if one packs up shortly after putting the car back together.  

A stitch in time and all that. I think they are H3s . I'll look to see if I have any spares.

• Like 2

Looking good there!

Are you changing the turbo? I highly recommend the GTB1756. That front mount needs some hot air to cool!!

Cheers Joe.

Yeah the original plan before speaking to DT was the 1756vk, but then I read Danham's build thread, spoke to DT and waiting for an update..... but we will see as also tempted to source the turbo elsewhere and buy the fitting kit from Darkside......

Cheers Joe.

Yeah the original plan before speaking to DT was the 1756vk, but then I read Danham's build thread, spoke to DT and waiting for an update..... but we will see as also tempted to source the turbo elsewhere and buy the fitting kit from Darkside......

What you waiting to hear about mate? I'd send him a message he's mega mega busy! Have you got him on what's app?

Can buy my turbo if you like ;)

What you waiting to hear about mate? I'd send him a message he's mega mega busy! Have you got him on what's app?

Can buy my turbo if you like ;)

Well when we were emailing about my options he was about to receive in a turbo, but was unsure what it was so said he was going to check, balance it and come back to me. Since then I've started a new job and been installing all the above so have just left him to it for now, but will get back on it once I've finished off the bumper, got the replacement fog and side lights, which are due any day now

Buy your billet wheel turbo? Really?!?

Well when we were emailing about my options he was about to receive in a turbo, but was unsure what it was so said he was going to check, balance it and come back to me. Since then I've started a new job and been installing all the above so have just left him to it for now, but will get back on it once I've finished off the bumper, got the replacement fog and side lights, which are due any day now

Buy your billet wheel turbo? Really?!?

Ohh right mate, I'll let him know he's been busy recently. Trying to get him to do my rear Octy brakes soon :)

Yours is looking good now, in jealous of your inter cooler!

Ohh right mate, I'll let him know he's been busy recently. Trying to get him to do my rear Octy brakes soon :)

Yours is looking good now, in jealous of your inter cooler!

Ah it's all good mate. I've said I'll take a brand new one if the recon one doesn't turn out to be anything, so worth his while and sure he will be in touch if he wants the business.... failing that, it'll be an Xman 1756vk, the fitting kit from Darkside and will get my mate to fit it :)

Cheers Dan, certainly getting there now and the 'cooler is a beast and everything is very well made :rock:

Had a cheeky day off this week as it's the school holiday around here, so managed to get into the garage for a few hours once the postie had been B)

7B14C3DD-FD43-488E-A632-2D32D13F54DE_zps

Whilst the front of the car was apart, I wanted to replaced the fog and side light bulbs. Now, when I went to the local dealer, they wanted £70 for a replacement, so quickly turned around and headed for my phone in my car. Quickly checked Ebay, again £68, so checked the parts for sale section to see if there was a Furby being broken and just so happened that Jambro (legend :thumbup: )had posted, so quickly messaged him. Although he didn't have one, he did confirm that the Lupo fogs were the same and gave me a link.... £34 all in :rock: Also noticed last weekend how yellow the current sidelights were, so ordered some Xenon bulbs for it and looks the better for it....

26E24F90-520A-413B-9ECA-782A34051F06_zps

CABD6396-F7B3-47BC-A5C9-18A00AF23137_zps

Yellow...

30e68719-1653-4f69-bbb2-51d5c7be4039_zps

better...

0DA3ABC2-F1BD-4CDA-AC8D-20905D644DC5_zps

Also delivered today was a black coolant cap to go with the black washer bottle cap....

F725BEAD-3A5B-44C8-8663-7861E525960B_zps

AFAE2840-BD0A-438E-B98A-C0CD1E3423C5_zps

Looks much better in my eyes (apart from another poor pic :p)

CCF7AC9C-23AA-4836-85EE-10373849268D_zps

• Like 2

I could have given you LEDs for free mate. 

Have the ones from my old car, because I'm a cheapskate

and took them out.

Presumably you don't want these Philips Bluevision Xenon bulbs

I've dug out for you then either?

$(KGrHqZ,!hQE6Z0GGyeBBOpbwg(B4w~~60_35.J

Once that simple task was done, I set about trying to mod the bumper. So out came the chalk and the tool of the moment.... the grinder  :bandit:  It took me a while to cut, grind and fettle the inside of the bumper to stop the top boost pipe catching. I'll let the pictures show you what went ......

Unmolested side...

B9E5D595-869F-4DD7-AC34-7D0E7F0354F0_zps

and the modded side....

41559224-61D2-4AD3-AEA4-C85C7B1C6C3D_zps

Before I tightening everything, I went back around all the boost pipes to make sure nothing was catching and did find two places of concern, so cracked out the scissors and mouse matt again....

Lower pipe near the radiator.....

BD376A10-CF88-49D2-8F0C-B5071ABDD33D_zps

The other place catching was the pipe to turbo. Again, I simply cut up a piece of the matt and placed between the chassis leg and boost pipe but forgot to get a picture!

At this point I got a little impatient and wanted to crank the engine  :giggle:  So had a quick check and unhooked the battery for an hour to reset the ECU. I stuck the keys in...... and she's alive again!! No EML light on at this point, but I assume that will happen when try to drive and the ECU tries to work the EGR valve? Another thing I noticed that may or may not be normal  :think:  when the engine was running, the drive shafts were turning and obviously the trip moved....

D5820456-74D1-4E2F-9D7E-C220E4C9141E_zps

.... is this normal or should I get it checked?!?!? (remember I am not a trained mechanic, nor do I really know what I'm doing so be nice  :angel: )

I could have given you LEDs for free mate. 

Have the ones from my old car, because I'm a cheapskate

and took them out.

Presumably you don't want these Philips Bluevision Xenon bulbs

I've dug out for you then either?

I forgot you said you had them  :wall:  Sorry dude. 

• Like 1