Injector Recall....Another one.

Rang Hobins skoda in Salford for a quote on a wiper motor and after looking on their systems, my car is showing as one of the ones that requires a recall

Now, i have read nothing but negative reviews,experiences after having them done,

the parts advisor ( i think he was called Craig?) said this wont be free forever and in the future,could cost you £1600 which is absolutely correct, i mentioned claybanks and he did not want any affiliation with them,he said they are like a 3rd part company on behalf of skoda whereas we are direct Skoda if you know what i mean?!

However, what im also thinking is ... if it aint broke then dont fix it! And the fights people are having with SUK where dealers are refusing to look at the car again without it costing the owner some sort of money, last thing i want is a perfectly fantastic running car to go in and come back out a couple of days later, i be having issues with cold starting, stalling,engine cutting out...

Anyone had any experience for injector replacements from Hobins? and is there a dealer you would recommend? i dont mind travelling as long as its done properly!!!

Mines is a 57 octavia VRS 2.0TDI 170PS and has 109,000 miles

HE said he would ring me back with a date to book it when a courtesy car is available, i dont know what to do....

Better to get them done than not, you can always sue the garage if they mess up your working car.

Working before recall, broken after is fairly clear IMHO.

As you suggest, just a case of finding a trustworthy dealer.

I used to use one in the new forest, who were very good, but there must be a recommended one closer to you.

Also, you need to consider the amount of these injector recalls that have been performed without issues (you'll hear more posts about the problems than ones that have gone without a problem). Had mine done in December and it's been super smooth ever since.

Its my word against theirs if i say it was working before recall and after it isnt?

and true, no one moans about the positive, its always the negative

Benny,yeh if i could get some recommendations for local that would be great, if not then i dont mind taking a day off work to travel there and back

Had injectors done at Hortons in Lincoln Sept 2011 way before it became a recall. Now over 10000 miles since replacement and not one glitch. All these stories of problems have to be related to the fitting. the majority of issues seem to be occurring since the "official" recall.. Best to get them done than face a failure imo.... ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by rustyGT

So not that long ago and 10k miles already with no glitches, sounds promising and its 100miles from me,i would be willing to do that

Hobins in Salford are absolutely massive and theyve got a show court with Seat so i wonder if they use the same workshop? Just hope someone on here has had workshop experience from them,that would make life a lot easier!

But so far, Lincoln it is!

For what its worth, they do scan the car before hand to see of any faults exist. Should help in the event of any problems after. Considering the issues people have seem to be the same, its hard for skoda to turn a blind eye..

Search the people having issues and where they had them done then avoid those dealers, that's what I'd do any how. Likewise ask the good folk in here now where theirs was done to get some good recommendations of what dealers have done the job the the required standard. I understand where your coming from but I would take them up on that in a heart beat tbh save a fortune in the event and most people report car felt fine before but after was so much smoother and worth it.

You may have read the thread I started which detailed the cold starting issues I have had since the injector change.

It has to be said Skoda UK were very good and absolutely determined to fix the issue.

If I was in your situation I wouldn't hesitate to have it done again. I think I've just been unlucky but there must be hundreds more people that haven't had any issues at all.

My only advice would be to ask the dealer if they've done any other PD170's under the recall and if so can they ensure that they assign someone who has experience removing and replacing the injectors to fit yours for you.

My only advice would be to ask the dealer if they've done any other PD170's under the recall and if so can they ensure that they assign someone who has experience removing and replacing the injectors to fit yours for you.

Absolutely... When mine went in they did say they hadn't changed injectors before... Which did concern me initially.. But they assured me that the job would be done properly.. And touch wood it has been.. :)

I have recently used Parkside Motors in Bolton for my recall.

1st class service from the initial point until the job was completed ( must say it was me who messed them around with changing dates )

Another point to note, is do not be put off by the appearance of this garage, it's like stepping on to the set of Heartbeat, and the customer service is from that era to

Another point to note, is do not be put off by the appearance of this garage, it's like stepping on to the set of Heartbeat.

This would be a bonus to me. Sometimes I feel that these big, modern, glitzy glass showrooms 'process' you.

The smaller, family run dealers that care more about service than the sparkly showrooms are the better choice...

Had mine done 3 months ago and have 5k now done since and no issues or problems.

My dealer had done a few 170 passats and a4s so were well used to them.

I think people are having problems because of bad workmanship as the procedure is the same for all.

Had mine done approx 4 mths ago ,no problems before it went in and no problems after ,had it done at Slacks in Middlesbrough,said he done a few and never had any go back.

Had mine done at Hortons of Lincoln, I don't live there, it was the closest dealer to the point at which the old injectors packed up. They managed to fit me in that day, service was outstanding. The fuel economy is much imporved, car is smoother and no problems in the 5k miles since then. In fact my recent MOT had an advisory that the emissions were too low to measure.  I just wish I'd had the injectors for the previous 100k miles, I could have saved a fortune with the improved fuel economy.

Bottom line is that I would very  much recommend getting the injectors changed.

Hope that helps,

Rob

Edited by CappoRob

you see,ive been reading up on the forum ever since i bought the octy about 2 months ago and ive always read about this injector recall, never though i would have to do it

The advisor at Hobins was really eager to get the car booked in for the recall, ill ring them tomorrow and ask them if they have done any injector recalls previously or am i a first

I'm kind of on a budget these days and the last thing i need is to keep coming and going from a garage and in the end, it costing me money which i just dont have, thats all im worried about

I will definitely be keeping everyone posted on how this one goes....

Also, Hortons in Lincoln is looking like a really good candidate.

you see,ive been reading up on the forum ever since i bought the octy about 2 months ago and ive always read about this injector recall, never though i would have to do it

The advisor at Hobins was really eager to get the car booked in for the recall, ill ring them tomorrow and ask them if they have done any injector recalls previously or am i a first

I'm kind of on a budget these days and the last thing i need is to keep coming and going from a garage and in the end, it costing me money which i just dont have, thats all im worried about

I will definitely be keeping everyone posted on how this one goes....

Also, Hortons in Lincoln is looking like a really good candidate.

There all eager to do the recall as they get payed well from Skoda for doing it, also note it's advised to replace the injector loom as it can break easily and cause issues in the future , the loom is not included now under the recall but I still just payed to have it replaced the same time. Cost for loom was €89.

same for me, no problems with mine

Ditto, I had mine replaced at Farmers in Leicester. I had them replaced during December and have done 7k with no problems, seems to be a lot smoother and i'm getting mpg's.

I only have 1 worry though.....and that is the issue of rising oil level. I know some guys on here have this issue, so I checked my oil level and it was slightly above max. Now I don't know if it was overfilled when I had it serviced, which was done at the same time as the injectors or if its because of the injector seals leaking diesel ??? The car is doing better on fuel so I can't see how it can be the seals.... the car is running fine, so is it anything thing to be worried about ?

Edited by studmuffin

Benny,yeh if i could get some recommendations for local that would be great, if not then i dont mind taking a day off work to travel there and back

I used Clist & Rattle, a Skoda Dealer just outside Bristol. When I Contacted Skoda and they said they'd perfromed a number of the recalls already and I'd used them previously so had no worries about them.

Benny, ill ring Skoda and see who they have local to me that have done a few injector recalls, dont know why i didnt think of that, Thanks!

Oh and do they have a number which isnt 0845?