What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

The same nob in a black A3 as many other mornings.  Went tearing past me and others in dangerous places, and 20 miles later he was still only 200 yards in front of me.

I have a dopey Blonde in a Mazda3 hatchback lately on my daily commute...

ive had her driving up my ar5e today, weaving in and out looking to overtake... doing 48mph in a 50 zone, with 3 lorries 2 vans and 6 cars ahead of me....

Another day i was sitting behind her, and watched her over take another car through a  ghost island with FOUR turning off it along 1/4 mile in a 30mph zone doing 30, still in a town!!!

the car turned off at the next R/About and i ended up back behind her posturing for another dodgy overtake of a lorry. thankfully i got to my office before witnessing that!

I think the knob at the local shop seems to have messed up somewhere. Had my car in for some work on the power steering and today when I drove in a puddle, the PS gave up and my fuel meter started living a life on its own....

Man, I don't need this ****. I was just gonna sell this one. Already bought a replacement....

Edited by DaKKs_152

I think the knob at the local shop seems to have messed up somewhere. Had my car in for some work on the power steering and today when I drove in a puddle, the PS gave up and my fuel meter started living a life on its own....

Man, I don't need this ****. I was just gonna sell this one. Already bought a replacement....

probably just the belt slipping with all the excess water replace the belt, as for the fuel meter thats a odd one.

probably just the belt slipping with all the excess water replace the belt, as for the fuel meter thats a odd one.

Belts brand new and is sufficiently tightened. The fuel meter, I haven't the faintest. I've looked at the fuel level sensor in the tank and that one is good. Must be something electrical.

Belts brand new and is sufficiently tightened. The fuel meter, I haven't the faintest. I've looked at the fuel level sensor in the tank and that one is good. Must be something electrical.

Had trouble in the past with belt slip from water as soon as it dries off the power steering comes back and it drys quick due to how fast it's spinning

Yet again

The many motorists that are totally oblivious to fog and don't put any lights on

Those too that think it's ok to use parking lights instead of headlights in fog

or think that foglights are something to be shown off and should be used at every given moment!

I see more foglights on on a clear day than when it is actually foggy

• Like 1

I hate it when you see someone trying to exit a difficult junction, check the mirrors do your obs and its clear so you slow down flash them slow down more flash them come to a compete stop flash them and they still don't move so you lay some rubber where they could have pulled out and they look at you oblivious.

• Like 2

Two things today.

It's not foggy. At best it's marginally misty - visibility is good and we're sat in a traffic jam anyway. TURN OFF YOUR DAMN FOG LIGHTS. I don't need my retinas to bleed on the way to work.

Second, turning right on a roundabout to enter the motorway - roundabout is traffic lighted all the way round. Actual exit I leave on also has a feeder lane coming from the left which is not traffic light controlled.

Woman in front of me gets to our exit, has a clear green light, and then does an emergency stop right in front of me at the lights because OH NO there is some traffic coming across her from the feeder lane. Liberal application of horn from myself and the chap behind me - she then eventually moves off just after the light turns red, narrowly avoiding a van coming onto the roundabout on what is now his green light, and we're now stuck there waiting for the next light change.

The white van that pulled on me, causing me to slam on....... luckily nobody behind me

Guess what?

He was on his Mobile!!

Arent they always?

Id love to get a job in the intelligence services, get the owners details from DVLA records for reg numbers of cars being driven by morons on their phones.

then, access the telecoms services, tap their phones, record and publish the many very important conversations that MUST BE HAD while they are driving along.

presumably though, the publication would be blocked by the int services as the conversations are matters of international security and therefore must be kept secreet.

1.  Not being able to get above 65mph without my ear bleeding from the engine noise.

2. The disturbing amount of wind noise coming from a miniscule break in the window seal rubber on the drivers side.

3.  Watching the fuel gauge drop.

4.  See Item No.1

Folks who come tearing down the offside lane (when I'm on the left, as not overtaking) on a dual carriageway, only to slow down, just as they're in the blind spot mirror. They then hover there until I'm forced to slow down by traffic, or run out of road, as they're preventing me from pulling out.

I end up screaming 'just effing overtake me' and similar to myself. Can be good for the blood pressure.

• Like 2

Didn't you realise, they're not fog lights anymore, they're sporty spot lights. Get with the program   ;)

The fog light thing I believe is thanks to Max Power magazine. Whenever they would review a car, every shot had the fog lights on and then suddenly everyone is driving with them on. The actual amount of times I need front fogs is maybe once or twice a year at most.

For me it is the amount of people sitting at lights with their foot on the brake. When I get to the lights I stop, select neutral, put the handbrake on and wait until it's time to go. Not so it seems for everyone in front. It would appear to be better and quicker to sit with your foot on the foot brake blinding everyone behind you with your LED brake lights so that you can get away quicker when the lights change. Really? The time it takes me to select first, lift the clutch and drop the handbrake I'm still ready before they are.

Actually don't get me started on bad driving. there are far too many people on the roads that I wouldn't let push a shopping trolley, let alone be in charge of a two ton Chelsea tractor but here's a brief list:

• indicate right at a roundabout and drive straight on
  • cut the roundabout while doing the above
  • not indicating at all
  • not taking the filter lane when turning right forcing me to have to come to a complete stop when the filter lane is all for you ****
  • driving at 40mph in a straight 60mph road and then driving at 40mph when we go into a 30mph zone
  • excessive braking for no good reason
  • oncoming traffic coming round the corner on my side of the road - I have as much road as you do and I'm not on your side am I?
  • drivers who have to turn round to talk to their passengers ending up all over the road at 15mph
  • people who seem to need an invitation to pull out of a junction.
  • drivers who have to come to a complete stop at a roundabout despite being able to see the whole way round it if it's clear or not
  • drivers who don't realise that they're making any of the above mistakes
  • people who park across my drive then make me knock on their door so hard that my knuckles almost bleed and act as if nothing is wrong
  • people in general who try to make it as difficult as possible for me to get into my drive
  • people who race up to junctions then slam on the brakes when they realise it isn't safe to pull out
  • people who pull out anyway then drive really slowly

I used to enjoy driving but there are too many people out there who simply should take the bus, in fact if they did then I'm sure we'd have a better public transport system as more people would be using it so more money could be spent improving it.

And breathe  :D 

• Like 3

I wasn't driving, SWMBO was. We were going up a steep residential street with cars parked on both sides and a car was giving way to us at the top. SWMBO only passed her test last month and was taking it easy doing maybe 30kph (in a 50). The **** waiting actually looked at her and tapped his wrist as though telling her to hurry up. ******.

I wasn't driving, SWMBO was. We were going up a steep residential street with cars parked on both sides and a car was giving way to us at the top. SWMBO only passed her test last month and was taking it easy doing maybe 30kph (in a 50). The **** waiting actually looked at her and tapped his wrist as though telling her to hurry up. ******.

What an ar5e... i wouldve slowed down more - Like i do when people race up to roundabouts that im currently on, look and think about driving out in front of me then realise 5hit wont make it... i just lift off and - as per my instructions from defensive driving course a few years ago at work - "close the door on them by keeping far left for my exit across their front bumper if its beyond the yield line, and make eye contact as you pass them so you know they know youre there." Except i use a look of "dont do that again muppet" while doing it... they tend to not drive up my a55 if they are going my way after that..

Coming back to my car which was parked in a public car park for less than a hour to find some **** had scratched my car,it looks to me like a bag with studs on the bottom has been dragged over the n/s/f wing top/edge as somebody has passed to get into the car parked next to me............ :devil:

Coming back to my car which was parked in a public car park for less than a hour to find some **** had scratched my car,it looks to me like a bag with studs on the bottom has been dragged over the n/s/f wing top/edge as somebody has passed to get into the car parked next to me............ :devil:

recon they will polish out? or are  the scratches down to the metal?

It was down to bare metal........touched it up for now whilst i decide if im going to bother getting it resprayed,only just had rear spoiler repainted due to laquer peeling off.I suspect i will leave it & keep the car & run it until its worth nothing then buy a replacement. 

It was down to bare metal........touched it up for now whilst i decide if im going to bother getting it resprayed,only just had rear spoiler repainted due to laquer peeling off.I suspect i will leave it & keep the car & run it until its worth nothing then buy a replacement. 

how much did you pay for the rear spoiler respray?