Bought mine some time back messed a little(got the pro version from google play) reset error codes and will mess around with boost display.

seems a good tool :thumbup:

Got the app and Bluetooth but I'm having trouble sorting out the boost readings can someone do an idiots guide please lol

Have you got the full pro version or a wobblt one ??

Need the full !!

Full version it works really well apart from the boost, just needs calibration which I just can't figure out lol

I set the car up first and knocked 14.7 psi off the atmos in the car setting, theres a slider in there to adjust with,

Its still out compared to my gauge, but that could be the gauge, I still can't get the torque and bhp figures right, I'm adding more weight to the settings a little at a time. It's getting more like it should be lol

Full version it works really well apart from the boost, just needs calibration which I just can't figure out lol

On the main menu press the "menu" button on your phone then press "vehicle profile" (you will have set a vehicle profile for your car up the first time you used the app).

Select the profile of your car.

Scroll down to the box that says "boost adjustment" and enter -14.7.

This takes the equivalent of 1 bar (atmospheric pressure) away from the boost readings because the MAP sensor always gives the ECU a reading which includes this atmospheric pressure.

Save the changes and then you should find your boost reading will be accurate.

Potentially if you are using the car at high altitude where air pressure might be a bit less than at sea level (say in the Alps) you would take a bit less off (say 13psi) and still get an accurate boost reading.

(table here of what atmospheric pressure is at various heights, look for the Psi(a) number:)

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-altitude-pressure-d_462.html

• 2 months later...

I`m on my second android 1.5 faster version now off ebay and its telling me the adapter is faulty, error 1 on torque app.. blah blah. Are two adapters really both faulty and giving me the same problems???? It keeps auto disabling the fast feature which is the reason i brought the damn thing!! .. :(

I`m starting to wonder..

Please can someone help ??

Samuel

Mine runs but it keeps disabling the faster communications thing when the error appears...I had a slower one before and bought this ver 1.5 android because it was recommended to update faster..

David 8 have you got the adapter that has the blue light blue sticker on that says android and then the android logo???

I got this type although not off this seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Car-ELM327-OBD2-OBDII-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Interface-CAN-Bus-PC-Android-/221067266393?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3378a2c959

Does that one support the faster communication feature of torque?

I tried switching that option on the other day and it seemed to work so I would assume yes.

The only problem I have with it on mine is I get funny boost figures.

It showed me getting 34.7psi/2.3 bar at one point but doubt it unless it actually is and someone has had a dodgy remap done on it?!

Phil

• 1 month later...

I can't get mine to work at all - only got the lite version but it won't even read a fault code which is clearly displayed on the dash!!

Using a Galaxy Note and one of the ebay bluetooth jobbies, it says connected but querying, is that what it should say or have I missed something??