Sorry - wheels again

£475 including 4no continental contact 3's (only 2 maybe 3 of which are any good tread wise though...) handy as I need two front tyres though :)

they have some very minor scuffs but I'll run them as is for now.

at nearly 5kg a corner lighter (effectively 20 - 25kg rotational equivalent per corner) I hope I'll feel some benefit!

Very nice - good price!

You'll notice the difference - my Turinis are 9Kg each and perform better in economy terms than the standard Skoda 17s.

was looking at those myself on Ebay, make sure you put up some pics, good price until you take into account a refurb too!

Going to run without refurb - from (bitter) experience as soon as you refurb you glance the next high kerb the following week! (gemballa refurbed alloys on the 993 - ouch)

The scuffing really is minor on these. Need for 2 tyres made it bit if a bargain (I keep telling myself that...)

I was looking at tsw nurburgring's but availabilty is rubbish and export costs silly.

To be honest I'm not 100% sold on the look of the oz wheels but weight and price were factored in - allowing for further playing / sorting later in the year (superpro arms / s3 hubs)

Result.

I agree on the looks, not great IMO - the octavia works better with a more chunky design, but you can't argue with the deal you got (given two good tyres) and the weight saving should be very noticeable

Looking forward to the pics/feedback after fitting.

:).

Result.

I agree on the looks, not great IMO - the octavia works better with a more chunky design, but you can't argue with the deal you got (given two good tyres) and the weight saving should be very noticeable

Looking forward to the pics/feedback after fitting.

:).

Think they may grow on me - the white mountune rs focus in this months evo has a set on it - look good. I'll just have to wait and see.

If I hate them I Can always sell them

Not bad looking and more important do you like them, dont give a stuff what anyone else thinks!

I would not mind a nice set of lightweights myself........will need new tyres for sure in about 3 weeks time..............my ebay addition is getting worse :p

So fitted them today - rides very (very) different indeed!

Much more nimble and less fidgerty. Steering lighter.

Amazing really. Photos to follow pre drop.

Only down side is slightly more road noise (might be purely down to extra width of 8 stretching the tyre a little more.

18x8 et 45 are spot on filling the arches - anything more may look a tad silly

Here is my car with its graphites on bottom (and a before photo with the zeniths for comparison top)

6975143928_1d78aeb312.jpg

Part modded by veryRS, on Flickr

Also changed in this pic: LCR Splitter fitted, Grille surround painted black and rear windows tinted with a limousine tint (although that cant be seen in this photo)