your figures

Hello

im looking for the amount of miles that one gets from a full tank for a specific car

That car being :

A face lifted Octy 1.8 TSI manual

I think the tank in this is 55 litres

I know the figures will vary based on motorway, city driving, mixture of both etc. so just state that in your reply

The best I've got till now is nearly 510kms on a full tank.

It comes around to about 9.2 km/l.

This however includes 300kms on the highway

And the remaining 200kms in city traffic !

I have said car.... I am struggling to get less than 40mpg at the moment!

I just pop £25 per week , 4 gallons about 18 litres I get 160 miles every time

Driving 40 miles per day on "A" roads, I never get above 40mph

BTW I gave her a good thrashing from London after I picked her up and covered the 230 miles at 38 mpg, night time in the rain!

Other day due to the motorway traffic and I was in no rush... just set cruise to 60 mph and got 48 mpg for a 25 mile motorway trip

Below is my opinion based on MY daily drive to work and my financial position in this choice of car... I did my maths

The difference in running costs for the 1.8 Tsi and 140 TDI for me is just £6.50 per week extra in fuel over the daily commute.

Meaning that I would need to have the diesel for 6 years to break even...I do 12,000 miles per year

At the time of purchase (March 2012) the Octy 140 TDI or any Octy TDI were about £7500 for a mint 09 year elegance with 60,000 miles, my 1.8 tsi was over £2300 less...a no brainer IMHO

PS the 1.8 Tsi has no cam belt to worry about and is a smooth engine, super quiet, you can drive around in 5th gear at speeds less than 30 mph and she will even pick up in 6th at 40 mph.

The car feels much faster too and I have given the TDI Audi and BMW boys a surprise...

PS the £2000 I saved is sat in the bank and although its hardly earning any interest its not losing a bean either

Go on try the TSi you might be surprised....

The best I've got till now is nearly 510kms on a full tank.

It comes around to about 9.2 km/l.

This however includes 300kms on the highway

And the remaining 200kms in city traffic !

pz1811, that dosent seem too good : (

316 miles the best youve got from a full tank

Or maybe im being over critical

Hello

im looking for the amount of miles that one gets from a full tank for a specific car

That car being :

I know the figures will vary based on motorway, city driving, mixture of both etc. so just state that in your reply

I would probably go for a Diesel if I were you - 2.0 Ltr CR 140 Diesel.

Regards.

I would probably go for a Diesel if I were you - 2.0 Ltr CR 140 Diesel.

Regards.

Richie, I think based on below, id be better off with a petrol

My facts : I only do 8000 miles a year, all start stop driving ( dpf issues ) only do a long journey once a month

Edited by obi604

Yep, Octy2 tank size across the range is 55 litres / 12.1 gallons.

Quoted combined MPG is 40.9MPG on the 1.8TSi, so theoretical max range, allowing for mixed driving would be 480 miles.

Richie, I think based on below, id be better off with a petrol

My facts : I only do 8000 miles a year, all start stop driving ( dpf issues ) only do a long journey once a month

The 1.9TDI Octavia doesn't have DPF so that could be an option too. Cheaper to insure, tax and fuel than the petrol variants. The 1.9TDI was available in face lifted models for a period in 2009/2010.

ok, I should have said in my opening post that I dont want this to turn in to a Petrol V Diesel thread ( there are plenty other threads on that )

Im just simply looking for how many real time miles that people get out of a full tank on a face lefted 1.8 tsi Octavia

Eoin , thanks for reply

I like stuff to be above board. I tired to get a quote for a re map here in Ireland on my current car and out of 14 insurance companies, only one would quote me. The others hadnt a clue what a re map was ( gob****es ) or the minute they heard the word re map was a no no

The one that did quote me added 250 to the insurance and would only insure me based on the fact I got it ok'd by an official audi garage ( hardship ) and that was their last word on the matter.

I should have also said in my opening post that I have no interest in re maps,

Like economy isnt an overly massive thing for me, in sayin that is still like it to be half decent. So im just wondering on real time figures in the 1.8 tsi

Just seems that 316 miles is not great for a full tank, if I got 400 - 450 miles out of a tank id be happy

I get between 350 and 400 miles out of a tank driving in town and A roads. As I don't use the car for commuting I don't have any stop/start problems. About 6 months after I bought the car I drove from Essex to Scotland doing 70mph on the motorways and got around 470 miles range on the maxidot after filling up. Doing the same trip today I reckon I'd get over 500 miles as the engine has loosened up.

• Like 1

I get between 350 and 400 miles out of a tank driving in town and A roads. As I don't use the car for commuting I don't have any stop/start problems. About 6 months after I bought the car I drove from Essex to Scotland doing 70mph on the motorways and got around 470 miles range on the maxidot after filling up. Doing the same trip today I reckon I'd get over 500 miles as the engine has loosened up.

Thats the kind of reply I want, thanks Mison : )))

I have the Scout, so worse mpg anyway, but on a long run last weekend I got about 37mpg sticking at 70mph which equates to about 450 miles for the tank, and one the regular short commute we get about 31mpg so about 375 miles for the tank. For a non-4x4 1.8 you should get at least another 4 or 5mpg. Again, we only use the car for short commuting by my wife, and only cover about 10,000 miles a year so difficult to justify the extra £2.5k on a diesel car, and the short runs mean potential dpf problems.

• Like 2

Ya it's not that good ...

But consider this .. In India city traffic means the car's stationary for long period of times ... And v v difficult to go above 2 nd gear before you have to dab the brakes.

And the aircon on all the time .. As switching off the aircon is not possible in our country ..

• Like 1

Yep, Octy2 tank size across the range is 55 litres / 12.1 gallons.

Quoted combined MPG is 40.9MPG on the 1.8TSi, so theoretical max range, allowing for mixed driving would be 480 miles.

Or around 850miles working on the lol school of maths :rofl:

• Like 1

I was really trying to not think about, or mention, that aspect of the 1.8TSi world!

Sorry, i can't help it, every time i see 1.8tsi in a thread title i have a compulsion to see if he has spouted any non factual information :giggle::bandit:

Hello

That car being :

I know the figures will vary based on motorway, city driving, mixture of both etc. so just state that in your reply.

=============================================================================================

500 miles is possible with sensible driving.; I sold my 1.8 TSI a few weeks ago but it was a DSG rather than a manual. The range on the MDI could well show over 600 miles but it is hard to resist giving the 1.8 TSI a blast now and then blowing off the slower 4 cylinder VAG diesels you will occasionally come across.

Just filed up my petrol TSI VRS and it showed a range of 525 miles. The computers over read by about 5% so it would get 500 miles if you drove it "sensibly" but these larger TSI, and the 1.4 TSI Fabia VRS we have, are not about driving "sensibly" they are being about being a higher form of life ie a diesel eater.; Yes the diesels do 5 or 10 mpg better but they are dull as dishwater and I do not miss my 2 litre diesel company car, though I always rated the 130 hp 1.9D I had in my Audit A3 and A4.

If you driving in traffic quite a bit ie city or blipping it corner to corner on country roads then you might be looking at only around 400 miles from a tankful, If you are getting well less than 400 miles then one needs to look at driving style.

Skoda's have fuel tanks on the small side unfortunately, compaed to A4s etc, just one annoying thing in an otherwise great brand.

Edited by lol
  • Like 1

As if by magic the troll arrives.

Funny you've never blown off my 4cyl diesel cos you hadn't got the balls.

As if by magic the troll arrives.

Funny you've never blown off my 4cyl diesel cos you hadn't got the balls.

Aquila non captat muscas

"The Eagle does not eat flies"

Mine is pre face lift, same engine of course. Don't know about a full to empty tank, but when I fill to the brim it tells me I have about 450 miles in it.

Best m.p.g. seen on read-out while driving (cruising on motorway) was about 49 m.p.g.