FUBAR

Just had a post card to ride the Yamaha MT09 Tracer, not sure what it really is.

Trying to be too many things it appears.

Think it's trying to reach the sports tourer adventure commuter market.

Having spent years thinking that I needed a sports bike, a tourer, an adventure bike and a commuter, if Yamaha have pulled it off such that a rider does just need one bike, then they have a winner on their hands.

Road tests suggest they might well have done.

Hahaha, is the weather not great up there? My mates always late, 12pm was the aim for leaving, he hasnt even arrived yet and needs to adjust some xup something or other on his bike before we leave.

Still a layer of ice on my road. Instant bike crash before i even get off the drive haha.

• Like 2

:D Funny ****er

Was so nice to get back out, we went the long way to the ace then quick way home. Within 15 min I was nice and comfortable on the bike like I'd never been off it, although the first time I gunned it out of a roundabout I forgot how fast it is and bounced off the limiter. Had a bit of food at the cafe then come back, had to swap to winter gloves half way home as my hands were freezing. I need some warm but not overly bulky gloves I think. If anyone has any recommendations send them my way. 

45DD3436-672B-4F9E-A22D-C937E6DF1D66_zps

• Like 1

My motorbike is still at work since my little problem with it. There's no way I'm attempting getting it home with snow & ice still on the roads.

I can't wait to be able to use it again (apart from riding it around the basement car park at work when I get a break)

My motorbike is still at work since my little problem with it. There's no way I'm attempting getting it home with snow & ice still on the roads.

I can't wait to be able to use it again (apart from riding it around the basement car park at work when I get a break)

Haha bet your colleagues think your a right numpty !

• Like 1

:D Funny ****er

Was so nice to get back out, we went the long way to the ace then quick way home. Within 15 min I was nice and comfortable on the bike like I'd never been off it, although the first time I gunned it out of a roundabout I forgot how fast it is and bounced off the limiter. Had a bit of food at the cafe then come back, had to swap to winter gloves half way home as my hands were freezing. I need some warm but not overly bulky gloves I think. If anyone has any recommendations send them my way.

45DD3436-672B-4F9E-A22D-C937E6DF1D66_zps

Very nice! Glad you enjoyed it!

I've got some hein gerricke gloves that are pretty good. Waterproof and pretty warm.

Matt if you need to, you can stick it in the back of my van I will happily help you out with a lift home :thumbup:

I was brave again today; freezing fog all night covered everything in ice, including our road.

Still took my 300 mile-old 64 plate scooter to work, must have looked comical dragging both feet along the ice either side, at least I did not go backwards this time  :D

A few years back, I hit black ice with both feet down and like a hockey puck pirouetted for about 50m, ending up back to front much to the amusement of those at the bus stop.

I did get a round of applause, though.

• Like 1

It's amazing how relatively close places can be but how different the weather can be. It was so warm that I took my hoody off when walking the dog this morning! Decided to take the bike out for some errands this afternoon, I do love how easy it is to just abandon the bike anywhere in town and not worry about finding a space and worry about paying to park.

Just phoned my mate and he mentioned the bike show in London this weekend so I might be going to that if the weather is alright. Looks good at the moment, 11 degrees! The two mates he is currently going with want to get the bloody train! Weirdoes. 

It's amazing how relatively close places can be but how different the weather can be. It was so warm that I took my hoody off when walking the dog this morning! Decided to take the bike out for some errands this afternoon, I do love how easy it is to just abandon the bike anywhere in town and not worry about finding a space and worry about paying to park.

Just phoned my mate and he mentioned the bike show in London this weekend so I might be going to that if the weather is alright. Looks good at the moment, 11 degrees! The two mates he is currently going with want to get the bloody train! Weirdoes.

I've been to that bike show, its good isnt it! We drove last time though. Had a new golf Sportline at the time, so it was alreet!

Urgh. 11 degrees. Tropical. Its 3 degrees here n the gritters are out :(

Dropped by at a mates work earlier to choose a colour to have my wheels powdercoated. Think itll be anthracite tbh

• Like 1

I've never been! This will be a first if I go. I'd drive, ride but not train, it's 3 changes to get there from here.

Not fancy gold?

Im sure youd have no problem parkin. We didnt. A bike would obv be even easier.

I've gone off gold. It looked nice against the red on some other bikes, but i think the vfr has too much red. Itll be fighting the gold so to speak.

Im hoping Anthracite will look smart enough, but not stand out too much

Matt if you need to, you can stick it in the back of my van I will happily help you out with a lift home :thumbup:

Thank you for the offer, all I need is some less icy weather :) .  There isn't any issue leaving it at work, I just miss riding it but then if it was at home I wouldn't be using it anyway.

So the wheel came today.

Cleaned it up n thought id have a test fit.

Was planning to go anthracite, but when i got the wheel on, i think i like the white?

What dya think? (:

Nice!

I'd go anthracite and get a carbon hugger, white looks good now but will get filthy.

Nice!

I'd go anthracite and get a carbon hugger, white looks good now but will get filthy.

Ah didnt think of a carbon hugger! Ahaa. Oh dear. More money!

Think anthracite would look better than the white?

It will get filthy but im abit of a detailing obsessive at heart. So itll keep me busy

The two mates he is currently going with want to get the bloody train! Weirdoes. 

I bought a paddock stand at the last bike show I went to, would have struggled 

getting it home on the bike. It was too big even for my huge panniers. Maybe

they plan to buy some stuff??