FUBAR

As the TEX computer won't display the mileage and trip at the same time and the fact that I leave it on trip all the time (don't no why) I forget how much mine has done so don't know how many it has done each year.  It is on about 12000 now so I have done 5 since I got it bout 15 months ago.  I need to do some trips on it rather than just bimble about here on it otherwise I may as well just get a smaller bike but I won't! Unless I put the luggage on and use it for what it is intended it seems a waste to me BUT I love it for what it is and don't see me changing it for anything else.

As the TEX computer won't display the mileage and trip at the same time and the fact that I leave it on trip all the time (don't no why) I forget how much mine has done so don't know how many it has done each year. It is on about 12000 now so I have done 5 since I got it bout 15 months ago. I need to do some trips on it rather than just bimble about here on it otherwise I may as well just get a smaller bike but I won't! Unless I put the luggage on and use it for what it is intended it seems a waste to me BUT I love it for what it is and don't see me changing it for anything else.

VFR's like that. Wont display both. You forget how many its done dont ya :D.

You dont have to use it for what its intended, as long as it suits your needs and you enjoy it, thats all that matters.

Theres no end of people who've bought into the GS image but never go anywhere :D.

Dads the opposite way round. He doesnt ride his all year, then does thousands of miles in a few days around Europe. Gets back n doesnt ride it again for nearly a year.

Thats not bad going is it. I do about 12k in the car and about 7k on the bike.

60k though. Wtf. Thats a massive amount. Bet you were nrver off the thing :D

That's good mileage on the viffer too mate !

Yeah I didn't have a car at the time and was riding from East Sussex to worcestershire most weekends so just racked up the mileage on my old zzr600. Did all the servicing myself, used to get through tyres, pads and chains so often.

Was a great bike, 200 mile range and properly quick too.

• Like 1

That's good mileage on the viffer too mate !

Yeah I didn't have a car at the time and was riding from East Sussex to worcestershire most weekends so just racked up the mileage on my old zzr600. Did all the servicing myself, used to get through tyres, pads and chains so often.

Was a great bike, 200 mile range and properly quick too.

I bet you got through em yeah :D

Theyre good bikes arent they. My mate had one until last year. It did do really well, he properly abuses his stuff n it just kept going n going without missing a beat. Was quick too when it got revving. He crashed it a fair few times n it always kept going afterwards, well, after engine casings had been replaced :D

• Like 1

I bet you got through em yeah :D

Theyre good bikes arent they. My mate had one until last year. It did do really well, he properly abuses his stuff n it just kept going n going without missing a beat. Was quick too when it got revving. He crashed it a fair few times n it always kept going afterwards, well, after engine casings had been replaced :D

It's one of those bikes like the viffer, blackbird etc. Really good all round bike.

• Like 1

Yeah couldn't agree more mate.

I always remember the howl and 14k redline. Mental !

I remember it vividly myself. 

Mainly from following him, but also riding it myself. 

I didnt enjoy it much though. The throttle was sticky, the brakes were spongey and 14k was scary when i was so doubtful about the brakes. Not even a nice scary :D :D 

I've got 6 westfields coming on the bike trip to Austria this year, one a turbocharged busa engined beastie and another with a 2.0 cosworth tweaked turbo Zetec in it, I'm sure they will do fine[emoji3]

Have to remember they can't filter though [emoji106]

Had a weekend in Wales with a pal and the C Type Jaguar Club.

Super fun, and they nearly matched the Street Triple for pace - except where the roads were narrow!

Sounds brill. Glad you enjoyed. 

There was once a member on here that would of written you paragraphs on why a C-Type Jaaaaaaag isnt half as awesome as a Street Triple. Luckily, he hasnt signed in for a while so i think we're all safe. 

Phew... 

For anyone whos relatively closr to Matlock Bath or likes to go there, theres a ride out this sunday.

5.4k bikes supposed to be going, itll be mad busy if half that go lol. Its a sort of protest ride as the local council are trying to impose parking restrictions which would make it difficult for bikes on the normal sunday meets.

Weathers not given too good though and theres sooo much salt on the roads around here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/132189647147951/

Edited by fabiamk2SE

It is always mad busy at Matlock Baths with bikes and that is why I won't go there. I also won't go to anywhere there is a bike night. Funny bugger me. I am fussy who I mix with. :D

Ahaa fair enough!

I quite like having a walk round looking at different bikes.

Got a thing for biker chicks too (not the ones with the hair in the wrong places though) so thats sometimes a treat :D

• Administrators

oh my how did this creep up ;)

Heads up really, I have a soft page lock, i.e. when threads get to 100 pages I tend to lock them for a new one. 

This was a historic thing as after a certain point it takes to long to process all the after post actions. e.g. sending 33 emails or more, some were far more followers. however I think this new server combo is doing a bit better... but...

As the bikes section is a whole forum now, and this is over 50% over it's softcap :) Need to think about forking the chat into threads. 

Anyone want to volunteer to look after/ lead ( moderate ) this section, just get in touch too :)

Colin.

• Like 1

Theres a few of us that seem to spend more time here than any other section now :D.

I dont mind lending a hand if needed Colin. We're all pretty chilled in here, i cant see it being any hassle at all.

Up to you mate. The offers there (:

oh my how did this creep up ;)

Heads up really, I have a soft page lock, i.e. when threads get to 100 pages I tend to lock them for a new one. 

This was a historic thing as after a certain point it takes to long to process all the after post actions. e.g. sending 33 emails or more, some were far more followers. however I think this new server combo is doing a bit better... but...

As the bikes section is a whole forum now, and this is over 50% over it's softcap :) Need to think about forking the chat into threads. 

Anyone want to volunteer to look after/ lead ( moderate ) this section, just get in touch too :)

Colin.

New one to continue on with what's in the middle of being chatted about, I can't believe it's been nearly 4 years since I started this! I don't think we have really needed any moderation so far at all, it's been a good mannered mature area with civilised biker folk :D A handful of pinned threads would be handy though. 

For pinned it would be good to have this one, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/235567-briski-bikers-come-forward

the continued one http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/390562-briski-bikers-come-forward-part-ii/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/359752-what-did-you-do-to-your-bike-today/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/303446-my-journey-learning-to-ride-a-motorcycle/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/367645-where-abouts-are-you/

and of course :D http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/371263-my-brothers-an-idiot-again/

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 2

Topic closed due to size and moved over to continue here, for all followers, don't forget to add new one to you list: 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/390562-briski-bikers-come-forward-part-ii/

Edited by FUBAR