Is the 'trackmyskoda' website useful?

soupafly

Has anyone found the Skoda vehicle order tracking tool at http://www.trackmyskoda.co.uk/ any use?

I ask because I've been keeping an eye on my vehicle build status since order and it seems to vary wildly. I checked one day last week and build date shot up from wk23 to wk33. A huge leap I thought considering wk 23 is only 6 weeks away!

I understand only a few dealers give customers access to this site, so those of you who have/are using it, is it useful? Does it get more accurate? Is there any point to it?

Thanks

There are many topics on this throughout the site. Track my skoda is a development from one of the big groups (around the Yorkshire area I believe) and only covers a couple of THEIR dealerships.

Some members have found this useful but then there are many who have had no joy at all.

One for instance entered in his/her mobile number and it came back that the 'car' was awaiting allocation :wonder:

Keep us posted on how you get on with it.

Lee is correct it is provided by Vision Automotive Group(Bickerton Skoda and Rainworth Skoda) for their customers.

I seems to have been altered though because when I was waiting for my Yeti ( 2010) I put my SLi number in and it told me I wasn't their customer.

Fred

Cheers Fred,

Couldn't think of the company.

I think it is still a work in (long) progress. Personally I can't see the harm in someone just giving a call or dropping an email every few weeks to keep a customer informed?!

My Yeti came from Rainworth Skoda and I got an SLI number. The build date went backwards and forwards for quite a while. It then got a confirmed build date, after the confirmed date had passed it then said the car was awaiting a build date.

When it changed back to awaiting a build date it had actually been built and was awaiting transport. I asked Jeremy if the sytem was "live" or depended on a person in a room upstairs inputing details, I was told it was the later (when they had time to update it). Rainworth are in Mansfiled just above Nottingham and gave me a very good price.

They were happy to take a call asking about progress and were always very helpfull. :sun:

I found a quick call to SUK Customer Services, armed with my SLI no, gave me as much information as was available through the Dealer network. Until the Build Week is actually "Confirmed", it is all rather wishful thinking. The wait or delay is definitely worthful though. :giggle:

Correct as above regarding build weeks.

The car, once accepted will go to status code 10, in this time you can change options and engines and you/the dealer will find that the car will jump all over the place.

Once the car reaches status 20 it is confirmed for build that week - the will get confirmed roughly 2 weeks prior to build.

From then on it's just a case of waiting for delivery (3 weeks or so).