Castle Combe Summer Action Day 8th Sept 2012! Brisky stand & track!

devonutopia

Jason, a quick Brisky banner post if I may...

I've just been out to double check and with the shortened poles done before the last show I can get them all in the boot of the GT-R.

So that's that out of the way.

I'll be bringing the other Brisky Banner with me.

Secondly, did you get round to making the small adjustment needed?

Poles no.1 (there are 2 of them) need the metal pins to be level at each end with each other for it all to work correctly.

Where I got the frame shortened the guy welded them on a bit out of line.

I've just been out and drilled one hole in each pole no.1 so I could move the metal pin at one end to be level with the other.

Now it fits together perfectly and it only took 5 minutes! :)

Just a gentle reminder...

Just wanted to wish you all a great day at the track!!

Shame I can't make it this time but I'll book up April

Have a blast but stay safe :thumbup:

Fingers crossed for a dry track this time :wonder:

Cheers Gary, have a great time in the states.

• Like 1

Jason, a quick Brisky banner post if I may...

Just a gentle reminder...

Ahem, i dismantled the banner/frame last time and its been in the bag since. I will bring it all along to see what you mean on the day. :thumbup:

Glad to see the envelopes start dropping through doors.

As a last resort, if you post it back to me before next Friday, I shall take on the day to try and flog it to someone else.

In fact last last last resort, I'll bloody take the mongrel on track. :D

Please could I put in a request that people remember a HD video camera and that there is someone always at the ready on the Brisky stand, just encase something interesting happens that no one will want to miss.

Big hint that everyone should enjoy this, if it goes ahead, and will make for some interesting videos of skodas ;)

I think at least five of us had in car video cameras last year.

I had two, back and front!

This year I'm hoping to add a low down bumper cam for high speed effect. :)

• Like 1

I didn't want to comitt to bringing the V-Storm along in case it didn't happen, though it currently looks very promising. I'll be bringing an Octavia, (VRS FL Petrol) and everythings on course to trailer the V-Storm behind it. It will be the first time the car will have been driven so I'm not expecting great things, indeed no surprises if there are a few issues with it. I'll stay out of peoples way and will not be driving it at 10/10th's, just after a bit of running time really. Richard if there is an opportunity, could you kindly grab some footage of the car on track. It'll be great to get a photo opportunity with the GTR as well. If the V-Storm does not run for whatever reason, then I'll use the towcar. :thumbup:

GoPro will be in again this year.

They've just released a newer/cheaper version with the same chip as the GoPro2, so I'm testing one out.

That's the bumper cam, then I'll have the Blackvue400s from the Yeti. :thumbup:

Do you think finding somewhere you fix the Mini DVR as a fourth cam would be overkill? :D

Richard if there is an opportunity, could you kindly grab some footage of the car on track. It'll be great to get a photo opportunity with the GTR as well.

Of course,

I'll try and follow you and we can do a convoy round a few corners.

Try not to lose me though...

Of course,

I'll try and follow you and we can do a convoy round a few corners.

Try not to lose me though...

Don't think there be any chance of that!! I've only got 300bhp/tonne and an idiot driving, thats if it all works!!!

They've just released a newer/cheaper version with the same chip as the GoPro2, so I'm testing one out.

That's the bumper cam, then I'll have the Blackvue400s from the Yeti. :thumbup:

Do you think finding somewhere you fix the Mini DVR as a fourth cam would be overkill? :D

Rich to avoid overkill and give a differnet perspective I'll take one off your hands and record my view of the session if that's better than yet another recording of your POV :)

Rich to avoid overkill and give a differnet perspective I'll take one off your hands and record my view of the session if that's better than yet another recording of your POV :)

OK, no problem. :)

I have a thing for motorsport cameras. :D

I've fitted a ciggie lighter socket on the storm if you wanted to fit one on that?

I'm lending one to Pasty, so I think that's all four spoken for.

Although I do have a 720 HD bullet cam that's an all in one unit and rechargable if you want to stick that on the side of your helmet?

I'm lending one to Pasty, so I think that's all four spoken for.

Although I do have a 720 HD bullet cam that's an all in one unit and rechargable if you want to stick that on the side of your helmet?

I'll try anything once, not sure if swmbo will go for it though..

• Like 1