2009 CR170 tdi, remap or not? HELP!

I am the proud new owner of a pre FL 2009 Octavia VRS CR170 tdi, I have 18months warranty, and I am already itching to go to Ben at Shark Performance for a remap. I was disappointed the STS is not compatible with this engine so that i could reset if I had to go back to the dealer, but am still 99% sure I want the remap doing.

What are anyones experiences of remapping the CR170 tdi at shark?... Was it worth it?

Thanks in advance

You may be able to map via obd2 port as this is an earlier CR. My old CR was a late 2008 and was done this way. I got mine done by SP Tuning nr Leicester. The map was very smooth and gave 204bhp and 300+ lbs torque. I don't have anything to compare it to though so difficult to provide a balanced opinion. To be honest I wouldn't look past either Revo or APR now for remaps.

Well I am in Leicester so that is handy for me, although I haven't heard a bad word about Shark on here and everyone raves about their service too.

Well I am in Leicester so that is handy for me, although I haven't heard a bad word about Shark on here and everyone raves about their service too.

I’m more than happy with mine, and TBH I wouldn't look beyond Shark for a personal, friendly service, where nothing is too much trouble :)

Speaking to someone ( Rob i think) at Shark they just said that the CR170 is simply not compatible with the STS, nor were there any plans to make it so. :(

I can thoroughly recommend shark, I have run their map on my 2010 vrs CR170 since it was 5months old, very professional is our Ben and has a rightly deserved reputation, really wakes the performance of the car and makes for quite a formidable opponent with all the torque thats available whilst still easily achieving 50MPG+ do it you won't be disappointed! given he is on your doorstep I'd do your bit and support local business....... APR don't map diesels!

Best modification to do to the CR170 and looking at one of the premier mappers around so .....

nike-just-do-it.jpg