revo stage 1 in a VRS and misfires

I revo'd my Fabia to stage 1 performance 2 (98ron) and since then I got misfires in high revs (6800-6900 rpms) in 3-4th gear.

Before getting the software I was free of misfires.

Does anybody have any idea?

Is that after a long journey sitting at a constant(ish) speed? If so they all seem to have a slight missfire if you let it rev after that......or atleast mine does and one or two others im sure

Few Q's.

1- What year was your engine constructed. (there should be a plaque/sticker on the engine which says the date of the engine)

2- Are you running standard plugs? If not try upgrading to NGK BKR7EIX plugs and reduce the spark plug gap to around 0.65. This is what REVO recommend.

3- What fuel are you using

Few Q's.

1- What year was your engine constructed. (there should be a plaque/sticker on the engine which says the date of the engine)

2- Are you running standard plugs? If not try upgrading to NGK BKR7EIX plugs and reduce the spark plug gap to around 0.65. This is what REVO recommend.

3- What fuel are you using

I bought the car April 2011.

Standard plugs.

Always BP 100ron

Edited by George Dim

Id try different plugs as a first port of call. Before the remap had you been to your local skoda dealer and had the latest update to the standard software?

Nope I am going on Friday morning.

What is the original gap of the NGK BKR7EIX?

Edited by George Dim

I'm sure a lot of members will be interested on your findings from this. Although the revo dealers I have been in talks with have all recommended having the plugs changed as a minimum requirement. Hope you get it sorted

I bought the car April 2011.

Standard plugs.

Always BP 100ron

Isnt BP Ultimate only 97 Ron? It certainly is at our local station. If so, couldnt this be part of the problem?

The normal super is only 97 but some BP garages do 100 and one near me does 102 but its locked and you must get a key for it

Yeah, rocket fuel needs a key ! Lol

Isnt BP Ultimate only 97 Ron? It certainly is at our local station. If so, couldnt this be part of the problem?

If it is, Skoda can stick my VRS where the sun don't shine !

Q - I see you're interested in the VRS Fabia ?

A - Yeah. Like it a lot.

Q - Where do you live ?

A - West Cumbria

Q - Sorry, there's no 98 RON fuel around there,

only 97. The car will have all sorts of issues.

A - Thanks for letting me know.

:think:

• Like 1

The normal super is only 97 but some BP garages do 100 and one near me does 102 but its locked and you must get a key for it

The BP garage a few miles down the road used to do the 102, not anymore, closest I can now get is 99 from tesco !

Don't get Skoda to reflash ECU if you have a map in it!

Reflash wipes the control unit completely......inc your remap!! ;-)

True but any reputable tuner will put the map back on free of charge or for a small fee

Yesterday after 500 miles journey no misfires even at top speeds 245km/h!

Waiting for update check up. I fueled from a different petrol station.