VRS gloss black inserts

Actually the only painted part on mine is the mfd surround. The rest are L&K OEM parts. Interestingly the painted mfd surround is slightly better than the L&K bits - it's deeper and glossier - the guy did a brilliant job of it.

Cheers Nick, it looks great. My only concern was whether it looks right with the light coloured bits on the seats. I know the fake Ali trim in them now looks a bit cheap but it goes well with the seats. I need to spray my drivers door one as it has scratch marks in from previous owner and I'm unsure if I should go silver or do the whole lot in gloss black.

Nick, you need a fl hazard switch for the dark theme you have going on, a nice finishing touch to a classy cabin.

Great idea! I hadn't thought of that. I'll order one. Ta. :)

• Like 1

I was thinking about one too if i went for gloss black, I think I will, i can always spray them silver again if I don't like it. I'll post some pics if I do it on this thread. (off to buy some gloss black.. hehe)

If I was doing it myself without swapping to L&K parts I'd probably try wrapping. Definitely don't mask off and spray the door ones in situ. It doesn't look good.

Take the door card off and cut the plastic rivets from the back of the trims with a knife. It's somewhat time consuming to get all four done, but it's the right way to do it. I think someone else on here - Carl possibly? vinyled them in situ and it looked alright. Just don't spray them in situ.

Nick, you need a fl hazard switch for the dark theme you have going on, a nice finishing touch to a classy cabin.

Yeah, never noticed that. Might have to scour the scrap yards now the fl has been out a few years. Cool subtle mod!

• Like 1

Ironic that is a vw badge surprised you kept it in or do we like winding up vag owners (badge snobbery) loving the inserts I went for the dark wood insert as the silver was likely to scratch and show crappy black plastic after a few months ; )

I have them on mine.

interior.jpg

That steering wheel looks awesome how hard was it to change the steering wheel?

Is it a case of plug and play for the Multi function steering wheel to work? Mine is a non multi function steering wheel and have retrofitted MFD2 sat nav!

Edited by lionyo

That steering wheel looks awesome how hard was it to change the steering wheel?

Is it a case of plug and play for the Multi function steering wheel to work? Mine is a non multi function steering wheel and have retrofitted MFD2 sat nav!

It's pretty easy to fit. You need a 1K0 953 549 CH controller. My car already had a 1K0 959 653 C slip ring and 1K0 953 513 G cruise control stalk

Is that a volkswagen?

No, it's much nicer :)

Great look, Nick - I prefer gold for obvious reasons, but piano black is a good second best

The comments about the VW badge on the wheel get so tiresome

• 11 months later...

Nick where did you have your interior parts painted? My local spray shop tried to paint the basic black Columbus radio surround (from a Scout £5.52 from Skoda dealer) for my vRS and made a right mess. They had used automotive car paint and it was so bad they didn't charge me. Yours looks factory.

I have them on mine.

interior.jpg