Skoda Rapid due from November from 12K

VW & Audi are overpriced for what they are, they also fair none too well in the latest driver power survey... Unlike erm dare I say it Skoda... 1st for so many categories. :rock:

Yep, a lot of these so-called "premium" manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves for not fighting at the top of that chart.

As said above, if you look closely enough at the spy pics you can see the body lines running under the stickers that are there to make the lights look bigger.  The headlight pic above looks to me to be exactly the same as on the spy shots.  Same on the rear lights I can see the actual real shape underneath the sticker.

The whole point of the DISGUISE is to fool the casual glance.  To me it looks interesting and I'll defo be having a look around one.

As with the exterior shots, you can see the basic archtiecture of the inteior here but I would expect the full production versions to be a bit more 'decorated'

Like the design though, matches the outside - clean and sharp.

It. Is. In. Disguise. What you see there is 95% of how it will look. I think it looks great!

VW's aren't any more exciting to look at really, nor are Audis, but by all means go have a look.....

A scirocco is...mmmm.....

• Like 1

I wanted a Scirocco badly until I sat in one. They have frame-less doors, so you need to drop the windows in order to get in the bloody thing.

No good in the Winter - and it's turned me off it completely.

However, I do like this Rapid. If it is the size of the current Octavia - that would be nice.

Do like the thought of an Octavia being bigger too....

Both need vRS incarnations.

Not sure how you can tell the type of plastic from a photo?

I'd hold fire making a judgement on the interior as it still looks a bit pre-production (no window controls e.t.c.) but it looks a clear step up from the Fabia/Roomster to me in terms of design.

Agree it's a pity about the indicators not being in the mirros though.

The benefit of not having indicators in the mirror is that is some brainless clart whacks & breaks your wing mirror you still have indicators on the side of your car. It also makes replacement cheaper!

Also makes the car look cheaper.

Also makes the car look cheaper.

After you replace it for the third time in a year, you'll feel differently.

Also, these lads are sneaky, they disguised it as the Indian Skoda Rapid.

Edited by DaKKs_152

Thanks for the 'tease' photos, like the more right angled design; could almost be an Audi. Mind that's a little unfair comparing the Rapid to an inferior brand :giggle:

Be interesting to see the finished product as both the silver and red examples are covered in fake shut lines, light profiles and grill. Would also like to know it's dimensions; Octy I size would be great Octy II then to big :wonder:

TP

Shorter than the Octy II then, do you know the width (with / without wing mirrors) :wonder:

Afraid not, but I believe the chassis follows the same philisophy as the Roomster and so will share the front platform with the latest Polo and the rear will be wider (Golf/Octy) with a longer wheelbase in the middle. Wheelbase is 2.6m so actually longer than the Octy2.

• Like 1

to be fair, the interior on a basic fabia 1 compared to a 3 is pretty dramatic, and check out the radio, I'm pretty sure UK specked ones will come with a double din.

For 12k you can't complain!!! its 2k cheaper than a hyundai/kia rival and beter made.

I agree, it's missing a few features on the higher end models, but it's not meant to be better than the next Vision D/Octavia... it's a budget saloon!!

I still appreciate it's simple, sharp design. :)

Build quality on the new i30 is excellent, so I wouldn't guarantee that this will be better. Didn't it start life as a budget car for the Indian market?

It should be good, but that's not guaranteed, and dont forget that 12k will only get you a poverty spec car. By the time you get to the ones you actually want it will be a lot more.