Wiper Blades - best price for Bosch?

I've been meaning to order up a pair of front wiper blades for my Octavia for a few weeks now.

I'm keen on the Bosch Aerotwins (A937S - 600mm drivers side, 475mm passenger side) as they seem to do better than the Valeo's in most of the tests I've read and I believe these are the same as the genuine Skoda ones?

Lots of links to www.wiperblades.co.uk but they are quite expensive these days, even europarts with the 25% Briskoda discount was still not the cheapest at a couple of pence under £20.

In the end the cheapest I have found is eBay, £17.94 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-Octavia-estate-MK2-Bosch-AEROTWIN-Wipers-937S-/220581442653?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335badb45d

I know you can do the inserts for less cash but they seem a little too much hassle for the few quid you end up saving.

Before I order a set of these does anyone know of anywhere cheaper still?

Carparts4Less are good. They list Valeo (but brand is Bosch and with same part code) for £16.20, front set, exact fit, free delivery.

They also list Bosch anyway but at £23.94. I can't see how they can be any different is Valeo are Bosch with the same part number.

i was just about to suggest aceparts.com , then i looked at the link and realised its the same company just selling through ebay, i seem to remember this was the cheapest i could find them, it was good service and delivery i also bought some bulbs at the same time which were also cheap!

Likewise, I bought some Bosch Aero blades for my Superb from Ace.

Genuine boxed product, good delivery and the best price - VAT free from the Channel Islands, although this may now be disallowed.

The Bosch Aero blades (OE equipment on my car) last very well - originals 6 years - but are critical in terms of wiper arm alignment. Their performance was hopeless when the vehicle was supplied, but easily fixed by twisting the arm at the blade end to get the mounting pin parallel to the screen. Poor quality control.

Although almost everlasting, the rubber is too hard at low temperatures and will not clear the screen properly when it is really cold. I bet they don't like these blades in cold climates.

rotodiesel.

Edited by rotodiesel

I am running a set of 12 month old Lidl flat wiper blades very similar to the Bosch ones and reasonable price rather than going to halfrauds or stealers for genuine . £12.00 a pair if I am right.

Edited by MRFIXIT

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm really after Bosch ones so it would seem the eBay seller I linked in my OP is the cheapest.

I'll get a set ordered up!

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm really after Bosch ones so it would seem the eBay seller I linked in my OP is the cheapest.

I'll get a set ordered up!

The blades that I received from seller that I posted are original.

Meaning same part number and are exactly the same blades as the ones that are on my 2010 model from factory.

I still haven´t changed them yet as it hasen´t rained that much over here this year.

Edited by alberg

Meaning same part number and are exactly the same blades as the ones that are on my 2010 model from factory.

I still haven´t changed them yet as it hasen´t rained that much over here this year.

As said before, the Valeo ones (£16 approx.) on Carparts4Less are, according to their blurb, the same Bosch ones that are several pounds dearer on the same site. Go figure!

Yeah, I checked them out, but its got to be an error on their website. The spec box is the same for both the Bosch and Valeo yet the title and price are different.

I'm sure if you order the £17 Valeo ones then that's what you'll get. The Bosch ones are just short of £24.

As these are from Germany the postage to the UK is £9.95. Add to this the £8.99 price and the ones I linked in the OP are still cheaper...

• 1 month later...

In the end the cheapest I have found is eBay, £17.94 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item335badb45d

I should have bought some back then!

The price has shot up to well over £20 now.

Nevermind, found another eBay seller with some of the Bosch A937S for £19.50 so finally bought some!