Testing the water with carbon wrap

Looks good, from experience heater vents can be a pita if you have used heat to stretch the film at all, or don't leave enough to secure the rear. Then again the primer would fix this but it will probably damage the surface.

Funny enough i wraped my air vents last night as a trail with 3m di-noc and was suprised how much i enjoyed it. So looking what else to do now with out going ott. Your work looks really good though, very impressed with the grille.

Thanks guys, well I hoped you did enjoy yourself as I did lol. It was very hard and fiddley but, got there in the end a yes I found it you did not use, a preclean to get the silicone base off would be a nightmare haha.

Here is a picture of the door

f92b3414.jpg

I'm not sure wether to do the whole thing, or just the little parts a you see from each door

321489a3.jpg

Looks decent.

I'd probably do the whole top part of the door handle/armrest if it was me, leaving the bottom uncovered - but that's just me.

• Like 1

Where do you guys buy the wrap? The only ones I managed to get a hold of are too thick to wrap around anything that isn't straight. The vents are barely doable, but anything else is a no go.

Where do you guys buy the wrap? The only ones I managed to get a hold of are too thick to wrap around anything that isn't straight. The vents are barely doable, but anything else is a no go.

Just buy it off of eBay bud. Carbon wrap you want vynal

Did you heat the vinyl?

Try using a hair dryer to assist you

The job you've done looks good but I fear you're now going way over the top with the carbon. I had the interior vents and the gear surround done which is now gloss black for a change. The outside is fast becoming tacky with too much carbon effect. Like the job but too much IMO.

The job you've done looks good but I fear you're now going way over the top with the carbon. I had the interior vents and the gear surround done which is now gloss black for a change. The outside is fast becoming tacky with too much carbon effect. Like the job but too much IMO.

Hi bud, yeah I though I would go ott so I decided to ditch the handles idea and either get painted, black or red. Also the arm rest I done carbon is also come off, so it's literally ash tray, vents, grill :) and I'm happy with that. The door pillars where done so when I get tinted windows its going to look black the whole way along, and not broken up by red

Car looks lovely, fancy carbon wrapping my air vents lol, looks great just breaks the boring interior up a little.

Yeah mate why not, gotta wrap two roofs sat. Honda civic and a Saxo, i will upload pictures for people to see :)

Hi bud, yeah I though I would go ott so I decided to ditch the handles idea and either get painted, black or red. Also the arm rest I done carbon is also come off, so it's literally ash tray, vents, grill :) and I'm happy with that. The door pillars where done so when I get tinted windows its going to look black the whole way along, and not broken up by red

Fair play for having a go mate. My only problem with the door pillars is they are a matte finish and when the tints are done they will be a gloss finish so the pillars will still stick out to a point. Get the pillars done gloss black mate.

• 9 months later...

Excellent work, mate. Did my grille chrome surround with badge, front number plate surround, indented place around back number plate, back badge, ALL air wents (those tiny ones next to front windscreen pilars), door lock pin surrounds and around the inner door handle. Also ashtray and around the gear gaitor, gear knob ring and steering wheel badge.

Recently done shark fin aerial which installed last night but still thinking if it looks good or not. Will post some pictures as need opinion.

Also, thinking of door pilars and outer door handles. How did you done yours, on the car or removed?

Tonight had a dream about seat belt anchors in carbon. Will think about that

Ahhh, forgot. I did also head unit surround and all buttons with dummies above it. Also light switch plate and air vent knobs fascia. Both did it so it covers any markings and lights. Bit dark at night but during the day looks wicked.

Only back windscreen heater light is visible when its on:)