New Badges fitted with pictures

I know everything, Mike, I've read bunch of posts and #825 above as well, thanks.

Btw, I've swapped all badges for new ones, for the steering wheel it has to be a sticker.

does the sticker go over the original badge or remove it ?

DO NOT attempt to remove the badge on the steering wheel. It is fixed so that it won;t fly off in an airbag deployment and cannot just be levered off without dismantling the airbag and cover. Even stickers over the original are at risk of becoming dangerous projectiles if the bag goes off,, as they will not be attached in such a way that they are retained. The gel type stickers are quite solid with sharpish edges and if one of those comes off it will be like a coin being flung. Don't do it.

Mike

loud n clear :D  :thumbdown:

OK I finally got badges fitted, but also got the grille painted as well..

That looks the business, been thinking about getting my grill done like that, if I keep the car.

Was it easy to do / how much?

No worries, I would be getting someone to do it so will enquire with a couple of bodyshops I know. Thanks for the reply :)

I think mine worked out at £90 for removing the chrome and painting grill and fitting badges... if of any help

I think mine worked out at £90 for removing the chrome and painting grill and fitting badges... if of any help

Really!  That's a bargain in my mind, nice to have that sort of figure in mind for if / when I make enquiries, thanks again :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go

IMG_0980_zpsef389c91.jpg

IMG_0982_zps3e2592d1.jpg

The ebay seller does any image that you send him - and you can specify the size - I think this was 42mm, and you can just see a little bit of the original silver round the edge - stick it on whilst fanning it with a hair dryer for 30 seconds and it moulds itself to the original domed badge shape

Lookin good! Well worth the cash as the old style badges were looking dated. Once I've got mine back on the road, I think I'll follow your lead. Chrome and black - very nice!!

Btw - where did you get your front grille? Is it a replacement or a spray job? Either way it looks awesome :-)

So I'm "ummed and arrrd" for ages about these.

I have been wanting new badges for a while as both mine have lovely white "tin worm" marks all over them.

Finally decided to get the new style ones. Hope I like them once they're fitted!

It should look ok as I have a FL style Octavia badge on the boot to go with it.

Just need to then sort out the badges on the Vega alloys...

Phil

Yeah I've seen your pictures... if I'm being really honest I didn't like them.

Not sure if it was just the pictures but they looked very obviously like stickers.

Phil

Ah right. It must have been the pictures then that didn't do them justice.

Think I'll have to go for it as mine are looking as tatty as yours were.

Phil