new irn bru advert

stu_mcl

A mate just showed me this.....

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DibuLgsVcQUY&v=ibuLgsVcQUY&gl=GB

Have to think this will get added to the list of adverts irn bru have had banned :giggle:

What does everyone else think?

Oh and for those that havnt heard of irn bru its a brew made from ground down iron girders, its also our national drink......well non alcholic one anyway

Dont think so..... Tizer is fruit based so up here would count as one of your five a day :devil:

Haha! - I'll be using that in work next week (there are 3 of us English in an office full of Scottish, it gets like braveheart sometimes...)

Haha! - I'll be using that in work next week (there are 3 of us English in an office full of Scottish, it gets like braveheart sometimes...)

you need to be aware of the definition of a Glasgow salad then - bag of chips :rofl:

you need to be aware of the definition of a Glasgow salad then - bag of cold chips :rofl:

Corrected :giggle:

And remember if any one asks "where you fae?" Always reply "same place as you" otherwise youl get a glasgae kiss :giggle:

Ohh and a bawhair is a kind of measurement :)

And remember if any one asks "where you fae?" Always reply "same place as you" otherwise youl get a glasgae kiss :giggle:

Ohh and a bawhair is a kind of measurement :)

A Ba'hair as it's correctly known, isn't the hair from a mail appendage rather the combination of two words.

Ba, as in Ba'Heid = Bald Head

So a Ba'Hair is a "bald hair", and you can't get something much smaller than that!

:D

My favorite Irn Bru advert:

• Like 4

'Ba's hair aff' or 'oot a ba's hair' has been a measurement of width, length or what ever since i was a child

& in ever workshop i have ever been in North of the Forth..

I have never ever known anyone to question how far off something was when told 'It was a ba's hair aff!'

'That is a ba's or baw's (balls) hair off', or 'Jist less than ' Jist a wee bitty!'

THe hair on a testicle, with is usually thicker than the hair off a head.

ie

That is not quite the right size, or squint.

*How would a bald head have hair? or anyone know what something was too long because of a bald heads hair?*

'Heid a ba' (Nutter)

'Heid'it the ba' Headed the ball'

Heid'id him' (Glasgow Kiss)

'Ba heid' (Bald), and other sayings are indeed the Head (heid)

'Baw bag' or 'Ba bag'

thats a scrotum or somebody like me!

Full of sharn or full of wind.

george

Edited by sk4gw

Now gents- coming from the Kingdom of Fife I can assure you that Bawheid is used in the sense of a spherical container full of air- ie there is nothing between the ears and consequently no sense forthcoming.

• Like 1

Now gents- coming from the Kingdom of Fife I can assure you that Bawheid is used in the sense of a spherical container full of air- ie there is nothing between the ears and consequently no sense forthcoming.

As I recollect , refering to any person from south of the line drawn between Carlisle & Newcastle.

Things people seem to refuse to believe are tasty:

Battered Mars bar

Deep fried pizza

Haggis supper (battered haggis and chips)

Irn Bru Ice cream - especially battered!

Although not keen on salt and sauce we always have some in the house as the missus buys it from the chippy and takes it away when we go to England!