coming to terms now

As some of you know I was not impressed with my vrs estate when I first got it,,,,, but now I am smitten!!!

It's looks are fantastic when clean!!!! And really does eat what ever we place in the boot!!

Inside the dials and layout is good and the six cd multi changer is fantastic and sound quality so much better than my megane 250

The drive is good, but not too sure can't the brakes under hard pressure!!! But as for engine and pulling ability I have warned, don,t think the bmw 320 d was very happy before!!!

I still feel I will get the car re mapped to help the engine and fuel

I am only managing about 270 from a full tank of Tesco,s 99 fuel,,, so 65 quid,s worth!!!

But that aside great car and a big apology if I offend anyone

Andy

• Like 1

woohoo welcome back 250vrs you are born again hard! REMAP NOW and report back.

Well it's not drove mad!!! I can tell you that!!

I am made up with it and a re map is on the cards and something I really want!!!

I just hate, at the moment that I cant wash and clean it!!!! Caught a feller last week at the bottom of the road hid in his car taking pictures of me!!!!

Andy

270 is not uncommon between fill ups and about what I get but I don't run the tank dry by any means. I get about 30mpg.

We get 320 with mix of town and a bit of motorway into London

420 is the most we get on a longer run but tfsi is thirstier than Tsi.

usually 50 litre Fill up so 29 to 38 mpg

If its a 65 quid filup that's probably 46 litres do not too far off our lower end.

Oh like you felt it needed a remap. Went with shark and now love the car superb flexibility

Andy, glad you've come round! As we have all said the vRS is a very talented all round car!

Mine's a TSI. Averaging 30 mpg (lots of town driving) overall. Usually fill up at about 1/4 of a tank, and therefore under 300 miles for a tank.

Sees 40+mpg on a long run though and this is over 400 miles for the tank.

Thank you for your comments, to be fair I have not done many motorway miles being off sick, mostly to the shops , doctors or child minders so that may change

I have considered a shark re map and I am more on side knowing that they do a blue fin type self change

What puts me off is 800 quid when a super chip is 480??? That extra money amounts to a few quid and both do the same job!!!

We will see, definitely one though,, I bet they go like a train, and that is what I have missed from my 250 megane

Andy

I have considered a shark re map and I am more on side knowing that they do a blue fin type self change

What puts me off is 800 quid when a super chip is 480??? That extra money amounts to a few quid and both do the same job!!!

Not sure where you got that, it'll be 450 for the map (inc member discount) plus 150 for the STS unit.

You need a DNA tuning map- £199 inc forum discount, A SRS II unit (same as sts) is £150 on top. DNA supply R-tech with some files as well as many others companies so quality is assured ;)

Thank you for your excellent comments, fuel is a problem but I am coming to terms,,,, fingers crossed it will get better

As for the re map issue, I am really nonchalant to the industry!!!!!

All sounds good but in plain English I need what??? I thought a blue fin is an easy plug in and goe??

Sorry not in Surry in North West but thanks for the offer

Andy

That is so different from the super chip blue fin my dad had years ago

You didn,t need to plug in your pc it was all, well dead easy!!

If you can email you're OK!

Simple file attachment to send and return.

The STS device is purely to transfer the file to your car via the OBD port (and vice versa)