Any Bikers on here?

Lew_VRS

Hi Everyone,

I passed my module 2 DAS a couple of weeks back.

I've always had dirt bikes in the past but now 21 it's time to get out on the road.

Cost me a fortune in tests and I still passed everything first time and now im saving for a ZX6R.

So yeah, do we have any briskoda bikers? If so, what bikes have you got?

I'm chopping the vRS in for something cheaper now as I'll the bike for the thrills!

There's a fair few bikers on here, do a search and the threads will come up .

I have a 53 plate zx9r , mind you just put it on pistonheads lol. probably going for a naked bike , 1200 bandit or even an sv1000 or maybe a cagiva raptor , dont get out much nowadays , used to be mad for it and did some instructing but getting a bit old for sitting in a puddle at 70 mph.

I am very keen on bikes and went to the isle of man TT last year, funds didn't allow me to go this year :( as soon as I have enough money sitting in the bank and everything else is paid for I'd love to take my bike license and get a bike.

My choice would probably for a Yam R6 with tail tidy!

What route did you go down for your license etc. obviously I have a full car license.

Thanks And congratulations :)

Beat me too it :D

The link above is a thread I started not too long ago and seems to have a good few bikers popping up in it get in and post Lew_VRS congratulations on passing test, I had a ZZR600 as a first road bike its more or less the ZX6-R 182kg 100bhp and it was reclassed from super sports to sports tourer years ago so insurance is dirt cheap same engine etc as ZX6-R and more or less nothing in it between them bar the rider (unless you look for a 636 which has about 15bhp more) Or if you are mental I am selling my ZZR1400 soon CHEAP!

vrszzr14001ws.jpg

There's a fair few bikers on here, do a search and the threads will come up .

I have a 53 plate zx9r , mind you just put it on pistonheads lol. probably going for a naked bike , 1200 bandit or even an sv1000 or maybe a cagiva raptor , dont get out much nowadays , used to be mad for it and did some instructing but getting a bit old for sitting in a puddle at 70 mph.

At your age you must be sitting in a lot of puddles now :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

• Like 1

I have been riding since i was 10 years old, sold my year old 650 Suzuki last year when i started the business as i needed the money to buy the van, but hoping to buy the Honda VFR1200 in the next 12 months.

I got a ZXR400 after I passed my test and that was far too easy to do license losing speeds on never mind a 600.

If I ever get another one it'll be a naked bike to try to stop me doing silly speeds.

Or maybe a ZX7R, just to look at honest....it's a classic....

Edited by Aspman

I am very keen on bikes and went to the isle of man TT last year, funds didn't allow me to go this year :( as soon as I have enough money sitting in the bank and everything else is paid for I'd love to take my bike license and get a bike.

My choice would probably for a Yam R6 with tail tidy!

What route did you go down for your license etc. obviously I have a full car license.

Thanks And congratulations :)

Hi there!

Firstly thank you.

I went down the DAS route. Quite abnormal how it come about. I've always loved bikes as long as I could remember but with my 2 dirt bikes tucked away for the winter in dire need of rebuild I thought (never having rode on the road) that I'd do my CBT as a bit of a day out and something to do.. Finished that and the guy was very complimentary.. ready to go straight for a bigger bike etc. I kinda went to the CBT thing as if I'd never rode before probably picking up more bad habits than before.. I could pull one hell of a clutch wheelie on my old YZ125 etc.. haha

So after that I decided to change the riding school with a recommendation from a friend around the same sort of stage as me. Done no training what so ever apart from the riding to and between the test centres and 2 hours module 1 off the road training.

My advice is get it done this year unless you are above 24. If you google search new biking laws 2013 you will see that they are set to change drastically this year. If you fall into this haze of being between 21-24 then you are restricted at 40 something bhp (still a fair bit I know, but not direct access) for 2 years then have to re-do the complete tests again (mod 1 & 2) so you're looking at well over £1000 in test fee's which are likely to rise and fail rates increasing too.

I paid best part of £550 for mine. Prices cover all of their bikes using my own gear and again no ACTUAL Lessons paid for

CBT - £125

Theory £30

Mod 1 £220 - including 2 hours on the training ground

Mod 2 £170

Just watch youtube vids.. That's what really helped me pass my test, that and I wasn't nervous one bit. I don't need a bike. When I took my car test I was bricking because I needed it for work etc. But I only wanted a bike. So I was a lot more relaxed and I think it shown on my riding. Once you understand slow speed control and roadcraft the tests are easy. They just want to see a demonstration of safety.

I got a ZXR400 after I passed my test and that was far too easy to do license losing speeds on never mind a 600.

If I ever get another one it'll be a naked bike to try to stop me doing silly speeds.

Or maybe a ZX7R, just to look at honest....it's a classic....

ZX7R you say.....i might just have one for sale :mmm:

• Like 1

I gave up on bikes a few years ago after 17 years of full throttle action. My last bike a Yamaha R1 was staggeringly quick. Modern 1 litre bikes are just too quick if ridden correctly so i threw the towel in before the police caught up with me LOL!.

I'm of to the nurburgring in a few weeks with my cousin who has the 2011 R1, should be a scream.

Bike riding is a must do for all petrol /diesel heads :rock:

• Like 1

I gave up on bikes a few years ago after 17 years of full throttle action. My last bike a Yamaha R1 was staggeringly quick. Modern 1 litre bikes are just too quick if ridden correctly so i threw the towel in before the police caught up with me LOL!.

I'm of to the nurburgring in a few weeks with my cousin who has the 2011 R1, should be a scream.

Bike riding is a must do for all petrol /diesel heads :rock:

Nothing compares!

Nice just to get away from it all too.. not much else matters when you're on a bike giving it death eh!

Nothing compares!

Nice just to get away from it all too.. not much else matters when you're on a bike giving it death eh!

When i was out on a run i would enter a different world where all my senses were magnified to almost super human levels. An example being my eye sight which seemed to improve significantly compared to when i'm in a car. Seems daft but i guess it was a way of keeping me alive. Looking back at some of the speeds i'd pull on a daily basis i'm lucky to get away with just a few broken bones which were broken on at oulton park and not on the road.

The adrenalin rush on a 8k bike could only be matched by a 100k+ car so bikeing = cheap thrills.

• Like 1

Forum rules :giggle::kiss:

How much for the DRZ :sun:

I'm a fully paid up Freedom member so im alright lol :-)

Pm me if you fancy a look at the DRZ :-)

Yeah, I'm another one. Rode all sorts for years on my car licence as a provisional, then finally took my test in '94. since then I've never been without a bike, first was a 535 Virago, then a CB Two Fifty, GPZ500S, ZZR600, and now got a ZR7S, an old geezers bike, but I love it.(probably 'cos I am an old geezer :happy: )

I have still got the 1250 Bandit but keep thinking of a ZZR1400 :)

See pic above its going up for sale shortly!

Try a GSX-R 750. It has the size of a 600cc machine & yet nearly the power of a 1000cc machine. It has the perfect blend of both.

It's also known as the "Connoisseurs bike", I've had 2 and just sold my third one a limited edition machine which was the TT Edition machine. A beautiful machine to ride, fast & comfy.

I'm looking for another machine at the moment and I don't know what to get, whether it be another 750 or 2012 Fireblade, I was considering a Ducati Panigale, but the insurance companies killed that off despite having no claims on the bike side of things, the knock on my car in '09, meant that my premium for it would have been £995 with a £1000 excess. That's on a £20k bike!. :o

Congratulations :thumbup:

Fab feeling getting your Bike Licence - have to confess had a total girly moment and burst into tears on the poor examiner when I passed :blush: - very un-biker like.!!!

Had a fair few bikes over the years - currently have a Suzuki Gladius ( 650 V-twin).

Enjoy :happy:

• Like 1

Even on a 600 it was too easy to look down and find yourself doing 130+ without trying too hard.

Obviously on a private road officer....

• Like 1

Not the last 750 but the one previously I took out on a summer Sunday morning on to a major trunk road and put the throttle around to the stop just to see how it would go.

The best analogy I can say is it's a bit like watching the USS Enterprise go into warp drive & the speedo was like a digital stop watch. I was well in excess of 100 and it scared me so much I just let go of the throttle and let it drop to normal speed, I've only done it the once and I won't ever do it again, that was 7 years ago now and ever since I've always ridden sensibly.

I've watched guys go screaming past me & I think yeah let's go for it, but then I think... If the boys in blue are about, there goes my licence and I cannot afford to lose it under any circumstances.

I've had

Yamaha RX-S100

Yamaha TZR250

Honda VFR400RR

Honda VFR750

Honda VFR800

Honda CBR600

Now currently bikeless :'(