Waiting List

vegit8

Mine would have been coming up for 3 years old in April 2013 - this is when I usually trade them in for another.

Early enquiries at the local dealer revealed a wait of 6 - 7 months for new-builds. So, to be on the safe side, I ordered in mid August, with a Feb/Mar delivery in mind.

Had a phone call recently, "car due for week 46 build".

Phone call last week says "its built, and on its way to England - expect to take delivery in 2 weeks".

Too quick!!!

How do they always manage to wrong-foot you?

How do they always manage to wrong-foot you?

TBH, the waiting list sheet has shown a significant decrease in lead times for cars ordered from Q3 onwards, a rough rule of thumb is about 90 days, which would agree with your story.

Although I have no reason to believe the following is true, it could be said that dealers are continuing with the 6 months delivery story so as to perpetuate the myth - and get orders in early!! :wonder:

Hi, haven't posted for a long time but regularly read the forum.

Existing Yeti coming up to 3 yrs old so ordered a replacement on 20/08/12, a 1.2 SE Plus DSG.

Originally given build week 41. Went up to 47 then back down to 46 (w/e 17/11/12) which was eventually confirmed. Very surprised to get phone call from dealer saying it was arriving last Friday (23/11/12) Picked it up yesterday. Well pleased!

I had started to wonder whether the Waiting List had served its purpose, now that reported delivery times seem to be coming down to a reasonable level (in comparison with those at late '11 and early '12). On the other hand, it never hurts to have info available 'just in case', so perhaps Geoff would be willing to keep it going for the time being? Sterling job, that man! :clap:

And RayB's details came in while I was prepping this.....

Well thank you Brian, if people keep sending me the info, I'll keep updating it. As you say lead times are significantly less these days, maybe the slow down in sales elsewhere has free'd up capacity for uk vehicles.

• Like 1

I'm picking mine up on Thursday.

Elegance 4x4 170

Candy White

12 speaker soundsystem

Rough road package

Temporary space-saver spare wheel

Heated windscreen

Textile floor mats

Front & Rear Parking Sensors

5 year warranty

Also got mud flaps and steel wheels/winter tyres separately, which dealer will pop on foc.

Father Christmas is bringing a pair of Thule bike racks

Happy days...

rainworth Skoda there customer service would give them a big fat zero picked my yeti up Saturday and did not realize they had put wrong number plate on so was driving round with wrong plates

just as well the police did not stop me rung rainworth Skoda all they could say was these things happen and it took 48 hours for them to get me new plates which I had to get fitted I think they should have bended over backwards to fix there mix up not just send plates in post and leave it to me after all driving on wrong plates I was not insured but they could not give a hoot

@topboss, hmm that's not very good. Just goes to show that someone was not checking properly.

@nebbers - sheet updated - have fun!

Been given build week 11 by my dealer, not yet confirmed on the Track my vehicle website. May still move either way :think:

Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG, Cappuccino, Gobi Sand, Sunroof

Been given build week 11 by my dealer, not yet confirmed on the Track my vehicle website. May still move either way :think:

Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG, Cappuccino, Gobi Sand, Sunroof

Sorry already said that - must have been having a senior moment :drunk:

@perranlady, I think the" track my order" site only works if you buy your car through either bickerton or rainworth Skoda. The site is nt an official Skoda UK site.

@perranlady, I think the" track my order" site only works if you buy your car through either bickerton or rainworth Skoda. The site is nt an official Skoda UK site.

I was given this website and my ref number by the salesman as he's off on holiday for the whole of December - still not listed on there - drove behind a lovely Yeti today - didn't know whether to smile or cry :peek:

It's just the excitement.... :happy:

Since I've been waiting for a total of 11 months (first order cancelled) I'm way past excited and almost into despair and lucky people flaunting their Yetis at me makes it worse - seem to see them wherever I go - hopefully in April it will be me :rofl:

I don't think Yeti owners really 'flaunt'; look at it as some encouragement for you. Some people didn't/don't get that - we probably only saw three real Yetis during the whole five months' wait. Our only encouragement came from the guys here!