Which octavia is best for taxi

Helllo Every one

Need some guidance ,

i am looking to buy octavia 1.9tdi for taxi

which engine \ model will be the best for mostly 80% town work .

What are the things to look before buying the car,

My budget is £2700 and i am looking to buy 2004/05 plate car.

I am looking this one on auto trader it is elegance model with full

service history 110bhp .

http://www.autotrade...e20eb?logcode=p

i hope i am posting in the right section

Many Thanks

• Like 1

Agree..... if it was for private use I'd always go for the TDI 130, (or 110 at a push) but for taxi use, go 90bhp. Perfectly adequate, lower insurance, higher mpg, simple engine :thumbup:

I have the 90 and its remarkable on fuel, easy to fix, and veru reliable. Local taxi drivers here in blairgowrie said it was the longest serving car they had @ 403k miles and even then it was sold on. It outlasted 3 hdi units (no surprise) so if its non pd then 90 or 11p bhp but if it is pd the 105 bhp is the fella

what about auto?

what about 105bhp apparently it has more torque then 110bhp

I've heard bad things about the A4 octavia auto's, one of my mates had one & it had endless problems with the gearbox & cost him money just about every week. Im still waiting on a A5 octavia 1.9 tdi DSG to go out on the road as a taxi, has 160k on it.

I've sent you a private message about a car that might be ideal for you.

G

The 110 is definately slightly better on mpg than the 90 - I've driven both. The other advantage is ease of overtaking - it's so much better with the 110.

They are both very reliable - only edged by the SDI because there is no turbo to fail.

I regularly see 90/110TDIs with 400k miles and I've just seen a 110 that has passed the 600k mile mark.

1.9 TDI PD all the way, pulls great half throttle is more than enough to get shifting and full throttle is amazing the traction control sometimes has to kick in to prevent wheel spin. MPG is good as long as you aren't full throttle most of your journeys.

Nah, a friend of mine has just registered a 6 year old (06 plate) VW Passatt as a private hire for the first time. It's a funny business with each local authority able to implement their own rules, but I don't think many insist on a 3yr old car on registration.

Well it's certainly no older than 5 here. I think it went up from 3 a few years back shortly after my brother started doing it and I was sourcing a car for him. Most of the cars suggested in this thread would be too old here.

I know rules vary from area to area, but in mine a car can only be registered as a 'taxi' up to 3 (perhaps it's 5) years old (but used until it dies). Have you checked?

true, in my area North Lanarkshire Scotland a taxi can only be 5 years old, im on my last year with my taxi.