Auto folding mirrors

• 2 months later...

Had a quick search of the forum and couldn't see anything more recent than this thread on mirrors.

My mirrors folded in on a 2 second lock press, right up until the other night! When you hold the lock button (especially in the dark) you can see the puddle lights dim as thought the mirrors are asking to move but they don't. They will fold in if you turn the switch to fold but not on the lock hold - nothing touched or changed, any thoughts? Temps aren't low here yet ;)

Just to add, went to try again and search menu - can't see an option to disable the fold, but when sitting in the car, lock and hold keyfob both doors make two loud relay clicks in quick succession and the mirrors dont move :(

badbaz this happened to me, to fix simply open all windows fully then close all windows fully- should reset folding mirrors.

Thanks for that - all sorted - O/S/R window was the issue as it didn't work on one touch until it had been cycled up and down. Mirrors now close. :)

• 1 month later...

Yes a big thank you for all your assistance in this valuable Forum, as you all know I'm new to my Skoda superb elegance estate, and the options control set ups are good but sometimes can cause problems else where when played with by a mere novice as my mirrors stopped folding in when holding the button to central lock upon leaving the car, but after searching through the forum I found the solution here, yes it was my fault as I had switched Off the windows control in one of the menus and this must be a feed to the mirrors, as toggling this back. On again has restored normality to what was confusion aggravation with this function not working..

Once again Thank you to every one for this valuable and informative Forum...

Regards

RoDM

No tried that first tip with the windowsand didn't do anything, but when I toggled on the self closing or opening of the windows and powered off the car normality was restored to the car mirrors and the steam had stopped coming out of my ears, when I realised I was an Ejit ( Scottish dialect for moron)

:whew:

I have had the folding mirror problems a couple of times now. Mostly, it will just be malfunctioning for a day or two and then go back to normal. However, this time it had been like this for a week. Took a trip to the local dealer and they did a diagnosis but couldnt find anything and hadn´t got a clue. So they wanted to have the car for a whole day. But then I read this thread, followed the instructions and voila! It works again. Gotta call Skoda and tell them I dont need their "services" ;)

• 2 years later...

In mine if you keep the mirror selection on L it'll automatically drop the left hand mirror down for parking. Then hold the fob when locking to close the mirrors. On starting the car the mirrors will automatically unfold. I've not tried driving with the mirrors folded to see if they unfold though.

I've also noticed if you have it in 0 or the heated option the mirrors won't fold in via the key... strange!

In mine if you keep the mirror selection on L it'll automatically drop the left hand mirror down for parking. Then hold the fob when locking to close the mirrors. On starting the car the mirrors will automatically unfold. I've not tried driving with the mirrors folded to see if they unfold though.

I've also noticed if you have it in 0 or the heated option the mirrors won't fold in via the key... strange!

Only dips on reverse if you have electric seats I believe.

Can't comment on the 0 or heated option but I sometimes leave mine on the heated option and I'm sure it still folds.

• 3 months later...
Coops, on 19 Nov 2014 - 09:58, said:

Only dips on reverse if you have electric seats I believe.

On Superb 2 can be coded with VCDS also on cars without electric seats.

Though on Octavia 2 you really need electric seats.