Highest altitude Yeti?

Bobdog

I was looking at the Yeti forum members pictures thread, and saw Rockhopper's "on top of the world" photo, taken on Hardknott Pass. It got me wondering about the highest roads that people had taken their Yeti on.

My record is the Col du St Bernard, the road pass from Martigny in Switzerland to the Aosta valley in Italy, which I believe is 2469 metres at the summit of the road.

What's the highest altitude your Yeti has been to?

I was looking at the Yeti forum members pictures thread, and saw Rockhopper's "on top of the world" photo, taken on Hardknott Pass. It got me wondering about the highest roads that people had taken their Yeti on.

My record is the Col du St Bernard, the road pass from Martigny in Switzerland to the Aosta valley in Italy, which I believe is 2469 metres at the summit of the road.

What's the highest altitude your Yeti has been to?

A very tongue in cheek comment by me :rofl:

A very tongue in cheek comment by me :rofl:

Of course, but that's a high road for England (some expert will no doubt be able to tell us if it is England's highest).

I have taken my Yeti to Ladhak Region(India) were most of the pass are > 5000 meters , to name few that I crossed was Kardung La (5359m) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khardung_La , Chang La, Tanglag La , Rohtang Pass and few Lakes that's we're more than 4K meters were Pangong and TSO Moriri .

Few images posted on other forum http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/93772-skoda-yeti-india-ownership-review-27.html#post2816843

I believe this would be the highest possibly any Yeti would have gone yet!

-Pramod

• Like 1

Wow, awesome! I think we need sub-categories. Highest in England, Wales, Scotland, Europe, Asia etc ...

I have taken my Yeti to Ladhak Region(India) were most of the pass are > 5000 meters , to name few that I crossed was Kardung La (5359m) http://en.wikipedia....iki/Khardung_La , Chang La, Tanglag La , Rohtang Pass and few Lakes that's we're more than 4K meters were Pangong and TSO Moriri .

Few images posted on other forum http://www.team-bhp....tml#post2816843

I believe this would be the highest possibly any Yeti would have gone yet!

-Pramod

Great pictures Pramod, don't think anyone is going to beat that!

Our Monster was couple weeks ago at Bernina Pass, which is about 2300 metres high. It was parked there between a Lagonda and Morgan, some swiss had an od-timer drive meeting there.

When driving to the Mortirolo Pass we took the shortest road from Aprica and got some nice 20 % climbings.

Some photos on the finnish forum http://www.vagarena.fi/index.php?topic=8688.msg248217#msg248217

Edited by Grumpy Finn

OK, I can't beat 5359m asl (above sea level)

How about 1500ft ayl (above yeti level)

So I've twisted it round from how high has your Yeti been, to how high have you been above your Yeti.....and got a pic....sort of :giggle:

post-81017-0-49734700-1341781907_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The highest ours has been is a paltry 625 metres up the Bealach Na ba from Applecross to Tornapress, but although it is only the 3rd highest pass in Scotland,, it is the greatest ascent as it is from sea level.

All being well it will be going over the Lecht, at 644 metres, and the Cairnwell Pass, at 670 metres, later this year

• Like 1

....going over the Lecht, at 644 metres....

Did the Lecht, Tomintoul to C*ck Bridge, during our tour earlier this year (but it wasn't in the Yeti that we're still waiting for!). An undramatic road, CFB - don't be disappointed.

Did the Lecht, Tomintoul to C*ck Bridge, during our tour earlier this year (but it wasn't in the Yeti that we're still waiting for!). An undramatic road, CFB - don't be disappointed.

Thanx for the heads up. Any decent tea stops near there? ;)

....decent tea stops near there? ;)

Can't remember about Tomintoul itself. I think you're travelling northbound? - then Ballater would be a good bet. Lovely pasties from the local baker there, near the big car park. :happy:

• Like 1

Can't remember about Tomintoul itself. I think you're travelling northbound? - then Ballater would be a good bet. Lovely pasties from the local baker there, near the big car park. :happy:

Ta :)

Yup, north this time as we have been the other way round twice.