vRS tyres - recommendations

Currently need to find some new tyres for the missus vRS, as they urgently need replacing.

At present they're the OEM Contis (I think) which have been pretty good. So I have 2 questions..

1) As I'm 200 miles from the car can anyone tell me the standard size of tyres fitted to the vRS LE?

2) Any recommendations?

TIA :)

As Andy says, 205/45/16

Everyone says RainSport2, however I've also heard they're very soft, and wear quite quickly.

I'm currently debating between them and a few others.

As Andy says, 205/45/16

Everyone says RainSport2, however I've also heard they're very soft, and wear quite quickly.

I'm currently debating between them and a few others.

I found them to wear very well, may be the way I drive but, Milage against grip..........Grip every time

Rainsport 2s all the way. Much better than proxes in the wet and mine have lasted longer too!

205/45 16 are £66 a corner on camskill at the minute I think. Bargain really. But they have the toyos on offer at £63.

Cheers guys. Staggered they're only 205/45/16... assumed they'd be 17s at least!

Had Hankooks on the previous vRS and they were fine, although I'm running Yoko Advan Sports on my ST220 which have been great in terms of grip and longevity.

Interesting that Rainsports get such good reviews. Will look into them, thanks. :)

Had Hankooks on the previous vRS and they were fine, although I'm running Yoko Advan Sports on my ST220 which have been great in terms of grip and longevity.

Interesting that Rainsports get such good reviews. Will look into them, thanks. :)

If your used to Yoko grip & feel then the Rainsports will not provide the same. Kumho if you on a budget or stick to Yoko. .

If your used to Yoko grip & feel then the Rainsports will not provide the same. Kumho if you on a budget or stick to Yoko. .

The ST220 is my daily hack (on Yokos), her ladyship has the vRS.

Rainsports look like a decent option - especially given the current summer weather! :giggle:

Just ordered 2 toyo t1r's from camskill cheap as chips at the mo

Jeez, they are cheap! £63 a corner!

Never ordered from them, do they have places that fit them, or do I need to find a friendly tyre place?

Only one tyre are far as I'm concerned....

Michelin Pilot Sport PS3

Its more expensive than most, but come rain or shine you will see where your money went.

completely agree I've got them on mine, good in the dry and very good in the wet. Best tyre IMO for daily driving, especially with the British 'summer'.

Plus 1 for the Spec 2's.

For 16's??????? That's quite expensive. Just put a set on my 17's for £90 a corner fitted.

were you replacing like for like? how many miles do you get out of Paradas, I want them but I'm scared they won't last. wasn't a problem when I doing next to no miles in 1.8 Focus and I really really liked how grippy they were

Good old autocorrect...

My favourite one recently was correcting Luton to Putin. Totally off topic, of course, but hey.

Currently running Michelin PS3 on the front wheels, plenty of grip for the driving I do, will keep an eye on longevity.

Toyo T1Rs fitted without being able to shop around last year to get through MoT (there was a big bubble on the sidewall of one of the old non-Toyo ones) - paid through the nose at Protyre - £396!