Niggling flat spot ..needs sorting

right all , after my remap and my n75 valve replacment , my car is running about 90percent perfect..my only issue now is a flat spot at about 3500rpm where the turbo seems to die off for a second or two and comes back on again and is smooth across the range.... im just wondering would this be spark plug related...?? i see in my service hist that my plugs were done at 35000miles and haent been done since..theres now 81000miles on her,,,iv checked for split pipes, unplugged my maf, cleaneed my thorttle body and given it a blast and this little flat spot seems to be still there,,any ideas ?

I've the same thing, it only happens in 3rd,4th,5th (1st and 2nd are fine) and only between 3000-3500revs it starts to pull and then pauses for a half a second in that rev range and then pulls again, it started happening right after I had her mapped since then I've changed the air filter, fuel filter, coil packs, plugs, n75, maf, TB clean, changed out the breather pipes and put in an OCC.. still there, no fault codes.

• 1 year later...

i have something similar , except the flat spot is at a lower range ,about 2200 revs .

every now and then i get an error to do with bank 1 too rich.  cant remember fault code 

i have something similar , except the flat spot is at a lower range ,about 2200 revs .

every now and then i get an error to do with bank 1 too rich.  cant remember fault code 

MAF, O2 sensor or air leak at a guess !!

Mine has a flat spot and 4000rpm and at 6000rpm (ish) exactly like what your describing. New plugs, coilpacks, breather pipes, TB clean. A replacement OEM DV made them less noticable though.

Iv had this problem with mine. When running Rev's around 3kish and just before the turbo kicks in it will misfire for a few seconds then smooth out.

I got some advise from a chap on here to contact my local dealer to see if my coil packs are covered under TB.

I asked if mine were covered. And Winna I got them FOC

Iv had this problem with mine. When running Rev's around 3kish and just before the turbo kicks in it will misfire for a few seconds then smooth out.

I got some advise from a chap on here to contact my local dealer to see if my coil packs are covered under TB.

I asked if mine were covered. And Winna I got them FOC

I had this with two maps on my vRS.  After chasing the issue for a while I took the car to RS tuning in Leeds where it was found to be the map itself.  A rolling road session, time spent tinkering with a new map and a bit of money later the issue went away.  Three years down the line the car was still running like a dream.  I wish I'd spent the extra money in the first place to be honest as the 'generic' maps just didn't suit my car at all.  They work on some Octavias without any issues but once Paul at RS tuning could tailor the map to my car I had many miles of trouble free motoring.

Have a read of r-techs website there's some info about flat spots on the stock map that is made worse by generic remaps. There map sorts the issue, the article is a good read If your a bit geeky about maps like me.

I just need to save up enough to get mine done now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1