Beware! Oncoming sports cliches,,,,

@Lee

with the impending disaster and commercial crud worlds greatest spectacle that is the Olympics almost upon us, I thought I'd compile a list of sports cliches we can all look forward to hearing over the next tedious fantastic, disruptive month coming. Feel free to add your own.

1, The atmosphere in here is electric

2, ,,,,,and a nation holds its breath

3, ,,,,,,,and this is extraordinary

4, and the crowd don't like that decision

5, ,, oh, and the expression on his face says it all

• Like 1

7. It's all come down to this moment...

8. At the pinnacle of his/her career...

9. You can see how much this win means to him/her...

10. Despite overcoming huge adversity...

11. Peoples champion...

12. The fastest in the world...

13. Can expect a heroes welcome when they return home...

Shoot me now...

• Like 1

the first two go through to the final, and if you'd like to join them just answer the following question:

"The winning athlete receives a medal made of.....is it ?

A. Gold

B. Frankincense

or C. Myrrh

Calls cost £2.50 a minute and will last 8 minutes, calls from a mobile will cost considerably more, for ful terms and conditions....

• Like 1

She's just romping home in what is most certainly a resounding win for Great Britain, nothing could possibly....oh....back to the studio then for a blow by blow account of where it went wrong. We have assembled a team of half-wit gobshltes for just this purpose.

• Like 4

What goes.......? (visual gag, so please bear with me)

Place one index finger horizontally under your bottom lip, your other index finger horizontally above your upper lip.

Pout.

Squeeze togther and push-pull rapidly with the occassional open mouth gulp.

A female hurdler ! :blush:

Edited by Spudhoolio

...and it's Nigeria first, Belgium second, and Vanatulu third with Great Britain back in eight, back to the studio......

.....I don't know about you Nigel but that Belgian lass has given me an almighty erection, not so much as where I'd putt my shot more where I'd shoot my....what do you mean the mic's still live ?...oh ****.

• Like 2

can we all say a big heartfelt thank you to G4S for their invaluable contribution to complete and utter balls up of the games security

Not a sports cliche I know but it's Olypics related!

Now Chris, can you explain for the viewers at home the scoring system used in fencing

IIRC (which I probably don't) it's scored on a panel to post ratio, with each panel usually 6ft wide. Posts are set in at a minimum of 6" with concrete. The fencer who plants the most posts with panels, be they larchlap or shiplap or any other lap you may consider, is deemed the winner and take a fence, or offence, if he or she so chooses and buys everyone a beer at The Gordons.

• Like 1

Now Chris, can you explain for the viewers at home the scoring system used in fencing

... and you join us for the finals of the Group A Weightlifting competition ... aww nice Snatch!

Are those events being held at Anfield. If so, then expect several Golds for Team GB. :whew: