up boot floor

malcster

I assume the steering wheel doesn't come with the air bag? Which would be more on top? Or does your existing on fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't know, I just copied and pasted the boot floor option with the 2 others surrounding to give it more of a vibe

Ignore my comment, I went and asked Skoda today and it didn't exist on there system (they reckoned it's something that would come already attached to the new car you order) so I'll be off to VW soon to see what I can do because I really want this, it'll hide all the junk laying in my boot :D

• 2 months later...

Just fitted the variable boot floor with parts obtained from a VW dealership. The same parts can now be ordered from Skoda but, for some strange reason, the shelf is about £5 cheaper from VW though all the other parts are the same price. The fitting took about 10mins at the most and looks good. The parts including VAT came to £112.54

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, new to this site.

Just picked up my new Mii today.

I wanted the variable floor and found it would cost over £90 from the dealer. As the VW Move up has the variable floor as standard before ordering a quick internet search found a local breaker with a delivery mileage Move Up on ebay, £35 for the floor and two side brackets which were as new. Sourced correct size bolts form my local hardware shop and fitted in less than 10 minutes.

Well worth fitting as now with the seats folded there is a larger almost flat area. 

Okay I've been keeping an eye on this and my local Skoda dealer do sell the variable boot floor option for £60

• Supersport steering wheel £300
  • Variable boot floor £60
  • Luggage compartment cover £50

Luggage compartment cover? Do you not have the parcel shelf? 

• 4 months later...

From what I can see on the internet, a Spline number 8 is for fitting bolts, while Torq bits are for screws.  Is this going to be a screwdriver job or do I need to go and get a socket wrench?  Not got the parts yet, just want to be prepared and hopefully save on labour from the garage!

JP

From what I can see on the internet, a Spline number 8 is for fitting bolts, while Torq bits are for screws.  Is this going to be a screwdriver job or do I need to go and get a socket wrench?  Not got the parts yet, just want to be prepared and hopefully save on labour from the garage!

JP

If you can bare with and wait I'll go dig up the screw bit you'd need :)

• Like 1

The screw bit is a T40 which is a torx screw, it'd be really unlikely you can pick it up as a singular but you could probably buy a pack of torx screws fairly cheaply which will come in handy for the future, here's a photo, it doesn't need to have a hollow centre like mine, mine does for some reason

408046d41ea531ae5787b080f41c31fe.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that I've got a T40 bit in one of my sets.  I'll just buy the parts and fit them myself then  :nerd:

If you're particular check all the screws are there before you leave, I didn't and had a couple missing but it wasn't a problem, I was still able to fit securely 

Do people have the current prices for the floor?, and are you cheaper going to VW, Skoda, or Seat?

You'd be better waiting to buy of a member on here than paying full price, as of at the moment you can't buy from Skoda, it's something that only comes as a option when you're specing up a new car and not something you can add at a later date, I'm not sure about whether Seat sell them or not, I got mine from VW and it cost me £108 IIRC for all parts

Do you think it's a dealer thing then? Certain dealers will only sell certain items type deal

I don't know, but Horton's in Lincoln have been really helpful whenever I've asked anything.

I don't know, but Horton's in Lincoln have been really helpful whenever I've asked anything.

I've just realised that I asked Westover Skoda who really don't know a great deal... you're probably correct and can order from any dealer, except Westover :D
  • Like 2