Looking for new tyres - are these a good buy?

DBP

Hi all, my front right tyre is beyond the point now. I have never bought new tyres before, always just been given new ones. I am currently running a double star and a good year. Not the best mix I know!

I have been looking at these....

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b747s304p12917/FALKEN_TYRES_CAR_FALKEN_ZE912_ZIEX_FALKEN_ZE_912_-_205_50R17_93W_XL_TL_

Are they a good tyre to go for?

I am thinking about buying two so that both sides will have equal tread and grip and this place seems to have the cheapest.

Any other recommendations or sites?

Got thwm on the missus hyundai coupe n ot impressed. Noisy and tram line dadlt.

Grip is ok but then never thrashed it.

I got the 452 on my octy and they are ok but again noisy and groove steer.

I had some nice ventus evo 12 hankooks on the fabia and they were really nice. Bitsoft tho but very nice. Gonna try some nankang ns2 next as they are cheap and seem ok.

Best tyres i used are toyo t1r and some michelin pilot sport2 lol awesome tyres but not cheap.

Deff keep same tyres on each axel! Minimum if not all 4 should be the same.

I have only had odd tyres once on the lcr rims when they first came and that was only for a day lol as the rear stepped out and i wasnt even going for it. Only goin slow lol. Aas awesome fun lol but it was 4 i the morning on way home.

Wont have odd tyres again.

I have 452s and can't fault them, grip nicely in wet or dry and will not hesitate to buy them again. A lil bit noisy on some road surfaces but I don't suffer from any tramlining or any thing

Sent from my Galaxy S2 not a Crapple!

Toyo T1r i was told are being swapped for the t1sport

Falken fk452 went thru a phase of being harder to get, i dinno if this is to do with the fk453 coming out

The 912 isnt a bad tyre, they took alot of stick on the mrs altea, and dave has just put them on his estate which has been at santa pod

All comes down to how much you have mate,

Vredestein ultrac senseta or whetever they are called are meant to be amazing

Im really pleased with my rainsport 2s

Tyres will alway be a awkward choice with endless mixed views bud :(

Toyo T1r i was told are being swapped for the t1sport

Don't believe what they tell you ;)

According to the website, its another member of the Proxes range

Blurp would indicate its more aimed at wet weather road use

Vredestein ultrac senseta or whetever they are called are meant to be amazing

useless in the wet

Lloyd55VRS your the boy! I work in this market and I can reflect everything you said. The T1 R is a dead tyre - replaced eventually but the T1 Sport. I've heard Falkens were off too quick; they seem to have a mid life Crisiss of the bad kind bit if you could stretch that little further buying Verdesteins either Centos or sessantas will be the best tyre you've ever and will likely ever buy for the money. Have a look at the online reviews via good old google. Plus they meet all current and future tyre legislations for noise, efficiency and wet weather grip with ease ; )

That is all. . .

• Like 1

Have you tried these? Everything I read about the Sessanta's is positive, including in the wet.

Yes

Thoroughly tested on a 4x4

They slid all over the place on damp tarmac

The Toyo PX4 on before, and T1R afterwards have been excellent

A 'scene' tyre imho

ps its was on the tyrereview.co.uk site review that I bought the sessanta's

I disagree with the above, I have run t1rs pretty much on most of my cars, i thought i would try the sessantas on my vrs for a change instead of the usual toyos. The vreds were a very good tyre in both wet and dry...they certainly were better than most other 'premium' tyres out there. Good tyres are essential in the vrs, epecially being front wheel drive, they were stable, and gave great traction all round, cant think why they would have been 'all over the place'...though knowing snowmuncher he probably had them fitted the wrong way round;>

only downside was a shorter lifespan when driven hard, so overall i would still take the toyo t1rs over the vreds!

+1 for the Vred sessanta tyres. Have them on mine. Really confidence inspiring especially when driven hard. No issues in the wet and out perform lots of premium tyres that I've used in the past.

+1 for the Vred sessanta tyres. Have them on mine. Really confidence inspiring especially when driven hard. No issues in the wet and out perform lots of premium tyres that I've used in the past.

Which Ones Pete lol :rofl:

Vreds Simple as! defo's not a 'scene' tyre mate - we run these in all weather and on 500BHP plus cars not a problem at all - step it up a notch from our guys powers here were quite big on RS4 tuning and Porsches these guys cant get enough.

Plus if you's have ever wondered why they are cheaper than their competitors; its simply because they dont do OE fitment hence you never see them as original equipment fitted on new cars.

Shimples.........

just recounting my experience of them

with the addition of moisture, it was as if made from teflon

Skated at low speed

I use 3 other Vredestien tyres, and they're all the nuts at their various jobs

To be fair to you matey we always get mixed reports about every tyre on the market regardless about what brand, premium/mir range or budget. They'll not work 100% of the time for everyone.

One thing worth noting though is the fact that people will get tyres put on their cars without having the Geometry checked or set up by a reputable garage. I'd suggest to everyone to jump onto alignmycar.com and use approved garages to do this local to them : )