Meyle Ball Joints

Hi all,

Has anyone bought and fitted one of this this. I have never fitted one before but willing to give it a go after completing my console bushes over the weekend.

1. How do I fit this without taking off brake disc?

2. Does it needs to be aligned, and if so what way as there is no marking on the ball joint for this?

All input is appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you have bought the correct side you want to replace. Left and Right are as though sitting inside the car, so Left is passenger, (Near Side) and Right is Drivers side (Offside).

I haven't changed one myself (I've had a garage do it), but it looks a simple job.

Thanks both for the response, I'm glad I don't need to get anything out of the way to fit them.

I am still not sure how they should be aligned properly.

Any help on this.

Basic job, basic tools, 10 minute job for a garage maybe?

Wire brush all the nuts and bolts you need to remove. Spray them with wd40 and leave it to soak in for a minute.

Jack the car up, wheel off (remember to loosen wheel nuts before its jacked if you dont have impact tools)

Take the balljoint to hub bolt out, be around 16mm i think. Hit the old balljoint your goin to remove with a hammer to shock it loose.

This bit is alot easier with two people. Wedge a pry bar ontop of the wishbone and under the car somewhere and push down, this should remove the balljoint from the hub. While it is down try ans pull the hub out the way and release pressure from the wishbone.

Undo the 3 bolts, remove old, fit new, wishbone down, hub pushed into place and wishbone up cheking it lines up with the hole, job done really.

• Like 1

Thanks hutchysrs50 for the detailed information.

Lastly, would I need to get the wheel alignment done after replacing the ball joints?

Many thanks for the advice.