Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

But that's in the USA, so we'll be offered 3/5ths of sweet FA.

Cleaned mine today. Only 16k on the clock so it's going to be a keeper

Precedent has been set - will need to follow through in other markets.

I have no complaints with my 12,000 mile Blackline but will happily accept some free vouchers.

Come on Skoda UK, it's coming up to xmas and your customers are wondering what you are going to do to restore trust...

I thought dsg's came with MFSW as standard?

I have a MFSW on mine, manual, which was an after fit

That may be true - I don't know.  Don't remember that in the brochure.

I have a manual car with steering wheel and no buttons!

• Like 1

A lot of uncertainty right now - compensation coming? Reduced mpg? Performance loss? VW group on the rack right now complete with falling sales.

Seems to have gone quiet, or I've just lost interest in trying to follow what's happening. Either way mine's still running like a German watch and irrespective of the outcome with still just 16k on the clock mine's a keeper.

Sadly, UK consumers are 'slow to anger' + ineffective light touch UK regulation = big business can do what it wants.

Look what the US did to BP re the massive oil spill - VW will be aware that litigation is the name of the game in the States - therefore compensate the small number of american owners to keep them sweet.

In September 2014, a U.S. District Court judge ruled that BP was primarily responsible for the oil spill because of its gross negligence and reckless conduct.[31]

In July 2015, BP agreed to pay $18.7 billion in fines, the largest corporate settlement in U.S. history.[32]

Can you ever see the UK government/courts doing this?  VW is under no pressure to compensate UK consumers.  Just leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.

How long before it's actually due are you allowed to have an MOT done

My car will be 3yrs old in January, and that date hits the magical point of no overlap between needing an MOT and the warranty running out

I was wondering if I could get the MOT done early, in case anything which came up (and I'm hoping there's nothing) which could be considered a warranty issue could be looked into at the same time, or before the warranty runs out.

• 1 month later...

My Blackline got its last free service the other day and passed MOT no problem.

Was unsure whether to keep or trade in.  The new car offers and VW saying that UK drivers are not getting any compensation relating to diesel-gate means I've ordered a new MkIII VRS estate.  Current manufacturer deals are good.

Will be sad to see the Blackline go.  Has been very reliable and done everything asked of it for a family car - so it makes sense to get same again.

Got £11,500 as trade in which is at the top of CAP valuation.

All the best to those keeping Blacklines, they are a good buy - I'll be hanging out more in the MkIII section now.

Cheers.

£11,500? I would be well happy with that, mine has just clocked 10k miles this week so seems silly to trade it in just yet! I really don't know what I'd get next TBH as the Blackline is so good and was a bargain so new cars will look so much more expensive next to it now..

• Like 1

Mine passed its MOT this week too, was also secretly chuffed that all 4 tyres were at the lower limit all at the same time (cue some Goodyear assymetrics @ £83 each from the local place) and the garage actually fixed the 2 rear sensors which were loose - when it was only one a while back I asked about it at the first service, to which someone reckoned they would need a few hours to remove the bumper to fix.

Now all I need to do is take it to the bodyshop to get the deep gouge on a rear wheel arch fixed (misjudged a driveway wall in the dark) and it'll look as good as new.

Stil love the car, though there is a pull to a new one. I'm not putting much importance on the dieselgate thing. Combined with tight finances for us at the moment (SWMBO going down to part time to look after the kids) am likely to keep the car for a while. Mind you, there's not much difference between your trade in price and the new cost of something small and nippy - like a suzuki swift sport.

Hmmmmmh

• Like 1