Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Just in the middle of claying / polishing / sealing!

So far it's been :-

Washed

De-tarred

Washed

Clayed

Washed

Now it will get a polish and 2 layers of FK1000.

F9306FA3-D2E4-4EDA-B625-C09D4DDE6070-310-000000BFAFD8FB88_zps2c9029d4.jpg

That's from the rear window!!!

I didn't think of de-tarring the windows but wasnt expecting that!

I never automatically think of claying glass but seen a few results of people doing so and it does make sense. The amount of dirt on your clay is ridiculous though!

Your telling me! Easy to remove though, very little resistance but I had a hell of a shock when I saw the clay!

What you using to de tar dan?

Shells finest ;)

Petrol - many would say not to use I but many do use it. I did want to order some Tardis but I didn't think about bank holiday so it wouldn't have got here in time. So it was either do it with petrol today or possibly get chance in about 3 weeks with Tardis. I will get some Tardis ordered anyway for next time.

Polishing and sealing is done - really wish I had a machine polisher to spend the time removing the swirls from the paint work. Looks alot more glossy now where as before it was starting to look a little dull to me.

Will try snap some pics but this iPhone camera is shocking!

• 3 weeks later...

Decide I might sell the new wheels. Found a different set I like!

Not much to report, car tax is due, passenger window regulator has broken - got a repair kit on the way. Window is currently held up with duck tape!

Also a few other bits on the way hopefully they will all come tomorrow so I can get them fitted :)

What wheels were they Dan? Shame about the regulator. Got to sort out my brothers soon. What new bits have you got?

TT comps mate.

Ordered a few bits to do the wide mouth :)

Good taste..... ; )

Fancy another set? ;)

Cool widemouth will look good on the red car :)

Sure will mate, hopefully the weather will dry up.

Now then, red or black crash bar??

Ooh there's a tough choice.. Red will be different and stand out :)

I took my bumper inside the house to do :D

Will just leave it standard for now then either get it powder coated gloss black or red ;)

My number plate still hasn't come :(

Joe - if you read this how long did your plate take from fancy plates?

Plate didn't come today either. So I haven't done the widemouth mod yet.

Window regulator repair is nearly done. Such a tedious and horrible job. Argh hope the otherside doesn't break!

About 4-5 days I think dan. Just do it and cable tie your standard size of till it turns up so its done out the way.

Cheers mate, hopefully tomorrow then!

Will be next week now as I'm back home. Is it really quite easy to cut it all out with a Stanley knife?

Window regulator is fixed and I'm very happy!

Today I bought one of those magnetax things! Very exciting.

Then I set about widemouth ing the bumper. - very happy with the outcome but rocking standard plate till tomorrow then a smaller one will be on as it's waiting at home for me :)

Fancy plates must have gone down the pan as they aren't responding to any of my emails neither have they taken money from my account for the order I placed with them.

Ooh widemouth sounds good mate. Look forward to the pics. What mesh did you use?

Yes mate I'm happy with it :)

Used that Kamei (I think it's called) powder coated black mesh from Poland on eBay.

• 1 month later...

2 updates!

null_zpsbed572bb.jpg

Thanks to Grr666 for the idea of filling in the vrs in the appropriate colours. I used a leaflet from GTI Inters and the backing to the couple sided tape was green so used that on the V. Used double sided tape to fit it as I don't want to drill holes. Excuses the dust / dirt.

Second update

null_zpsa1f7cfb6.jpg

EGR Delete :)

• Like 1