Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Will be good to see the Ibiza crash bar :)

Not seen the jetex filters. Let me know how you get on :)

Not sure I'm going to do wide mouth yet, the ability to not go back to standard is scary haha. Storing a second bumper would be a pain not to mention costly. They do look good though.

Will let you know about the Jetex cone, only heard of a few running it on here but they seem quite popular on Seat Cupra.net, although the opinions differ regarding them. They seem to he the one to go for though as they apparently aren't oiled therefore are a little kinder to the MAF :)

That will be good then mate :) I had a k and n panel filter before the jabbasport cone in a box and that was a little oily.

I know what you mean about the widemouth. I'm going to need a new bumper soon once all my carbon goodies arrive :)

http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=71113

That's the cone, mine should be here Monday / Tuesday.

For those who have RARB fitted, there seems to he some loud creaking coming from the rear end, since I fitted it. I lubed up the inside of the bush bit not where it sits on the beam, should I have done so?

Does anyone know why it's creaking so badly?

cheers dan. will that just join straight on with a jubilee?

So I'm told mate, be careful tightening it up though as I read the rubber is fragile and the jubilee can cut into it if it's tight.

As soon as mine comes I will fit it and give you feed back unless your desperate to buy :)

Fitted these the other day

760E8142-A8E6-4F3E-8B8F-8C75FC0A5ED4-16492-0000106C83E58243_zps204971d5.jpg

Weak handbrake is cured, cannot believe the difference.

How did you fit these mate?

I'm struggling to get the end with the curl in! Did you have your handbrake on or off?

Also, I believe there are two types of these rear caliper springs. In wondering if I've got the wrong one's. I've got the one's beginning with 1k0. There are also 7h0's as well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

I think I put the end with the curl in first, I squeezed them with my fingers then just put it in and wiggled it till it was say right. Took like 30 seconds a side.

Come to think of it I think I had the handbrake on aswell haha.

Both of them will fit. Make sure your fitting it to the correct side for the correct spring, match the spring and caliper up as my pic then that should make it clear to which is which :)

I think I put the end with the curl in first, I squeezed them with my fingers then just put it in and wiggled it till it was say right. Took like 30 seconds a side.

Come to think of it I think I had the handbrake on aswell haha.

Both of them will fit. Make sure your fitting it to the correct side for the correct spring, match the spring and caliper up as my pic then that should make it clear to which is which :)

I think I've bought the wrong one's!

I can see one side of the spring is straight and the other has a slight bend. Both sides of mine has bends in the arms, so I assume I need the 7h0's?!

I think I've bought the wrong one's!

I can see one side of the spring is straight and the other has a slight bend. Both sides of mine has bends in the arms, so I assume I need the 7h0's?!

Both of them should fit really mate

It just appears to be really awkward. I can see from your picture that the right side is straight and the left side is bent. Both sides on mine are bent, so I assume that's why I'm struggling!

Otherwise it looks like I'll have to take out the bend on the right side to make them fit.

I'll see if I can swap them over tomorrow.

Cheers mate

It is!

Sounds like a tractor.. :D It chatters quite a lot too!

Makes me chuckle anyways..

Must be good if it has your approval ;) tractor noise I can deal with, can't be as bad as the straight through exhaust I had :p

It's not that bad really, it can just be a bit droney when slowing down as there's obviously no throttle body to change the note etc.

Mine seems alot louder and droney since fitting the FMIC, did a quick search and found a few similar posts on seat cupra.net too.

Can't wait for the cone to arrive so I can try it :D