Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Feel like I haven't bought anything for the car for ages :(

I know how you feel I'm itching to do something to mine and I only had it mapped last week lol. I really need to do my grill black but I just can't be bothered doing it! I think once I've colour coded the grill and tinted the lights and put a splitter on that will be mine pretty much done unless I come across some cheap spacers and a fmic. Might put a induction kit on again but not sure.

What are you wanting to do to yours next?

I know how you feel I'm itching to do something to mine and I only had it mapped last week lol. I really need to do my grill black but I just can't be bothered doing it! I think once I've colour coded the grill and tinted the lights and put a splitter on that will be mine pretty much done unless I come across some cheap spacers and a fmic. Might put a induction kit on again but not sure.

What are you wanting to do to yours next?

Hybrid turbo and FMIC ftw!

Never ending pal.....

Poly bushes

Helix clutch

GTB turbo

Leather interior

Not cheap little things, going to get the car checked over before mot paying attention to bushes, if they need changing then poly ones will be purchased :)

If money was no object then I'd be going hybrid with fmic, porsche wheels and respray but it's my work car and I like to modify on a budget. It's only cost me about £400 to do all my mods after I sold stuff I've took off so can't really justify spending a grand on a turbo and intercooler etc

If money was no object then I'd be going hybrid with fmic, porsche wheels and respray but it's my work car and I like to modify on a budget. It's only cost me about £400 to do all my mods after I sold stuff I've took off so can't really justify spending a grand on a turbo and intercooler etc

That's how I try and justify things by selling old parts ;)

There was a black golf in work the other day with pink twists, looked cool!

That's how I try and justify things by selling old parts ;)

There was a black golf in work the other day with pink twists, looked cool!

I love the twists but the d90s look smart too. The only trouble with porsche wheels is you need to spend a extra £200 on adapters to fit them! I'm really liking spiders at the min, don't think my mate at the scrap yard ever gets any octy vrs is :(

I love the twists but the d90s look smart too. The only trouble with porsche wheels is you need to spend a extra £200 on adapters to fit them! I'm really liking spiders at the min, don't think my mate at the scrap yard ever gets any octy vrs is :(

Yeh they are nice wheels, I quite like mine when they are clean, I've been a bit hit and miss whether I like them but I've decided that after winter, the rear mud flaps are coming off and I'm dropping the back lower then I think it will look better :)

Fair play Dan you won't regret it one bit, it drives more like a petrol and the noise isn't that bad and you soon get used to it.

It's funny sat in traffic with foot off the clutch, people look round thinking the cars buggered lol.

Slightly heavier pedal than stock, but feels good.

Where did you buy from in the end?

Fair play Dan you won't regret it one bit, it drives more like a petrol and the noise isn't that bad and you soon get used to it.

It's funny sat in traffic with foot off the clutch, people look round thinking the cars buggered lol.

Slightly heavier pedal than stock, but feels good.

Where did you buy from in the end?

Haha sounds like fun, the stuff I should hate such as clutch rattle and excessive smoke I actually secretly love :D anything to attract attention!!

BD Performance in Wrexham mate, they mostly do Focus ST's and RS's but can order in pretty much anything.

Will be fitted my Dean and Karl at Dirty Torque as usual! :)

No matter how bad I can sometimes be with money in terms of prioritising things in my life, I don't think I could ever physically click to buy a £900 clutch :(

Is yours slipping badly now Dan?

It's not too bad but I've been taking it easy. I knew it was going to happen, but whether it costs me £900 now or £900 in 6 months I may as well get it over and done with then I there's no worries etc :)

Modding is a dear game and the DMFs are a weak spot on standard cars let alone one with a hybrid turbo :)

• Like 1

Will you be going back to dirty torque after clutch fitment for the full fat map?

Be interesting to see how they both compare bud.

I'm still undecided on who to map mine at present, Jabba or shark.

Iv got to get some bits like ARL headbolts and EGR delete pipe and some replacement boost pipes and new air filter to acquire, will be sorted in new year now.

The map is pretty much done, just a few adjustments by Karl, he really is a wizard! I was there last night and the things he was showing me was mind boggling!

Go to Shark mate :)

Great stuff, you must have a fairly big stash of parts then, I will be going for the ARL head bolts soon :)

• Like 1

Mine is starting to slip I think... 161,000 miles no record of it being done, seen a stage 1 clutch for £246 on lark speed... On rare occasions when the engines warm the revs go to fast for the speedo then stop and the speedo catches up. Is that a sign?'

Mine is starting to slip I think... 161,000 miles no record of it being done, seen a stage 1 clutch for £246 on lark speed... On rare occasions when the engines warm the revs go to fast for the speedo then stop and the speedo catches up. Is that a sign?'

Sounds a bit to good to be true that price mate just replace with a good OEM one. Tbh clutch slip felt like wheel spin kind of thing I thought.

But the way you described it does sound like clutch slip, stay away from Techniclutch!!!

• Like 1

MOTd for another year! 2 advisorys on the rear tyres. Last year I received an advisory for it being too low just goes to show some testers are bellends!

Will be booked into Dirty Torque soon for the Helix to be fitted, once bedded in the map will be tweaked for more power :)

• Like 3